Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

a sexual elk posted:

Every vampire is my favorite, every scene my favorite changes.

:hmmyes:

It’s whoever is speaking right at that moment on screen.

Also, I’ve just watched the first season of Year of the Rabbit which also stars Matt Berry, and it’s fantastic. Big recommendations. Also it’s set in 1887, which is the year before Jack the Ripper did his thing, and now I want Rabbit to find Laszlo.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Oct 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

a sexual elk posted:

Every vampire is my favorite, every scene my favorite changes.

Same, just when I think I've picked a favorite one of the others does something hilarious and great.

I'm going to be so happy when this show comes back.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

The second series was a significant improvement over the first. Mainly due to the increased role of Colin Robinson.

His trolling on the internet explains so much.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I was already thrilled Matt Berry was in this but then they filled out the rest of the main cast with people just as funny as he is.

That's not easy to do once, but four times?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
E wrong thread

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

:hmmyes:

It’s whoever is speaking right at that moment on screen.

Also, I’ve just watched the first season of Year of the Rabbit which also stars Matt Berry, and it’s fantastic. Big recommendations. Also it’s set in 1887, which is the year before Jack the Ripper did his thing, and now I want Rabbit to find Laszlo.

Now that I've finally watched Snuff Box, I'm afraid I've exhausted the stuff which includes Berry in a major role. drat shame, but at least there's his music; his new album, Phantom Birds, is excellent.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I love just how good Guillermo is at killing vampires.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Nadja's excitement at getting a novelty license plate as compensation for Topher's botched resurrection cemented her as my favorite.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Another Bill posted:

The ending of that Netflix Dracula is Dracula realizing all his fears are just in his head and sunlight doesn't hurt him and crosses don't burn him and now he gets to live a normal day walking life in London partying forever. But the true curse is his immortality! The end.

It felt like a real gently caress you to the audience.

what. i remember the ending being his biggest fear is dying and so he walks into the sunlight dying. either way bad ending

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Edit: Wrong thread.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

snergle posted:

what. i remember the ending being his biggest fear is dying and so he walks into the sunlight dying. either way bad ending

Maybe your memory is better than mine, or maybe I was reading my phone and missed some stuff. I dunno. It was dumb.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
That episode of Dracula had some of the worst writing I have ever seen in a tv show.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Oasx posted:

That episode of Dracula had some of the worst writing I have ever seen in a tv show.

Dracula hacked our wifi (password was dracula) and then got a lawyer who says we have to let him go! Guess we have no choice but to obey.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

"Dracula Hacked my Wifi" sounds like a Chuck Tingle title.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

socialsecurity posted:

Dracula hacked our wifi (password was dracula) and then got a lawyer who says we have to let him go! Guess we have no choice but to obey.

see, everyone says this show has bad writing, but that sounds incredible.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
It would have been a lot better if it was trying for comedy.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
imagining how Matt Berry would read "Dracula hacked our WiFi"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pattonesque posted:

"Hello, I am ordinary human lawyer Jackie Daytona. I am here to demand that you let my client Count Dracula GO!"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Pattonesque posted:

Is he on Cameo? Can we put some money together and make this happen? lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Draculehhh

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I just realized Moffat re-used the password=main character's name bit from Sherlock 8 years ago.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

I just realized Moffat re-used the password=main character's name bit from Sherlock 8 years ago.

Moffat has written a dozen great episodes of tv a dozen times each.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"Hello, I am ordinary human lawyer Jackie Daytona. I am here to demand that you let my client Count Dracula GO!"

The secret paramilitary organization in that series was so inept they would have absolutely let Jackie Daytona walk in and leave with a camera crew.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
He’s not on Cameo unfortunately.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Captain Monkey posted:

He’s not on Cameo unfortunately.

But Nandor’s actor is and now I know what to buy a friend for his birthday so thank you thread! Never would have thought of it on my own.

Omfg!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo, loving perfection I can hear it in his voice.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo, loving perfection I can hear it in his voice.

drink FULL .... and desCENDddddddddddah

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you ever want to see way too much of Mark Proksch for some reason he gets naked a lot on Dream Corp LLC.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Hung like a horse

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The rumored Toast in America is finally greenlit and due to start shooting next year.

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/matt-berry-sitcom-toast-set-to-return-after-five-years-off-screens-2823295

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'm at my work Christmas party and we're having it at the same venue as the Unholy Masquerade from the movie, and that loving rules.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

cptn_dr posted:

I'm at my work Christmas party and we're having it at the same venue as the Unholy Masquerade from the movie, and that loving rules.

Hope everyone is wearing their masques

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/OCATCooc/status/1350895999779180544

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Mark Proksch SCUBA scene re-enactment from that Oscar special might be the 'high water mark' for On Cinema.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Alhazred posted:

I also like how Nadia totally nails the punk look in the photos in the opening credits while Lazlo just looks goofy .

Pfff, you can gently caress right off, Lazlo nails the chunky Ramones look xD

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saw an article about how they just started filming the new season, so it is going to be a while before it comes back.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

They're aiming to have it out before Halloween... this one, I hope, not next

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
At least it’s coming back. Year of the Rabbit’s future is very uncertain at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

At least it’s coming back. Year of the Rabbit’s future is very uncertain at this point.

We're still getting more Toast.