Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Not to be an rear end, but I'm wondering if you guys can make a different thread for Wellington or throw the references in spoilers. I've never seen it and plan to once a streaming platform gets the rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

This is fantastic news.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I don't think Guillermo can become a vampire due to his family lineage, and that will be a big reveal near the end of the show.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I guess I'm somewhat alone in the sense that this episode had a lot of stuff I liked but generally I think it was too much for one episode. I really liked all the Lazlo/Guillermo stuff and also for the most part the Nadja doll stuff (I thought there would be a joke where at some point in their quest to determine if a doll can have sex and order a sex doll), but the space vampire stuff really fell flat for me in a way this show never has (except for the first gopro shot of Nandor's up close face, which was incredible). The gay stuff also seemed really rushed because there were three other plots (And Sean running for whatever he was running for was a really strange way to get into it).

I think the premise of the vampires going full gay and being part of the parade is awesome, but wish it was the primary focus of the episode and had a different setup and payoff.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I was hoping the "Yes, Yes, Very Good" was like an answering machine message for Lazlo astral projecting or something to try to continue his research on Guillermo. Even if everything else was the same, I was thinking they'd do an entire roast and then he'd come back and have missed the whole thing because he was having an away from body experience.

But the episode just kind of bounced back and forth between extreme conflict and no conflict willy nilly. It seemed kinda rushed, and while it made sense to me that the baron would give up the hunt the first time, the second time didn't work as well for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I did really like that the solution was that Guillermo just had to drink human blood.

I did not like the immediate reversal to Guillermo being a human, but someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the new quest could become granting him eternal life another way, which I think would really work as a dynamic. Some of my favorite episodes are the ones where they explore other random supernatural things like the night market or zombies, so searching for an elusive artifact or elixir andfollowing multiple wild goose chases on that path would be amazing to me.

I kind of also hope next season we get the actual vampire that supposedly invited them to the house in episode 9 being pissed that the guide showed up and used her house without asking.