Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

happy to see the swearwerewolves make their debut, and the stupid toy throwing gag plus the "can we keep the bone" bit had me laughing more than i would have expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Loomer posted:

"...coprophilia?"

I'm a little bummed that they did a double take on that joke but I realized most people aren't Extremely Online and might not know what coprophilia is off the cuff, plus Jones's reading was good

rip to "the barren"

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So glad this show got renewed. It seemed like one of those things that was too weird and wonderful to continue, I'm glad other people have been enjoying it as much as me.

i got into "the last man on earth" just in time to catch what were the last few episodes of the series and I was bummed, but I realized a show that weird lasting as long as it did on fox was a minor miracle anyway.

I will love and appreciate every episode we get of this, though FX doesn't seem as quick with the stake to the heart as most normal networks

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Enderzero posted:

I can’t believe the advertising didn’t spoil any of the council. That was great.

Seriously. I thought the schaal cameo was gonna be the treat of this episode. So goddamn good and the baby vampire being left in harlem or wherever was such a good joke they didnt have to put it on the screen, but I'm glad they did

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Was that show any good? I caught episode 2 or 3 or so when visiting family and there were two men already, so I figured any show that abandon's its premise that early was creatively bankrupt and never thought about it again until just now.

without spoiling much, forte's character is an awful human and is grating by design. I actually walked away after the first season but gave it a shot later on hulu and grew to love it. The show's world grows quite a bit. It isnt all phil in a margarita pool in LA for 4 seasons or whatever and just doing the same jokes

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hell of a cast on this show

I dont think I've seen any of the main cast in anything else and I'm happy to know there is plenty more stuff for me to watch. Matt Berry strikes me as a dude who could make me laugh reading a phone book

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Kayvan Novak who plays Nandor was in Four Lions which is a great film, definitely worth checking out.

Four Lions has been in my Netflix queue since I signed up years ago. I really should get around to watching that.

For the other recommendations, any of that streaming? I want to say I've seen the it crowd show up in some of my suggested stuff, though I cant say I've heard of the toast of London, but that clip was awesome.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Toast of London is all on Netflix.

nice! Thank you!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just be aware that it was directed/co-written by Chris Morris (The Day Today, Jam, Brass Eye) so it's funny as hell but daaaaaaaaaaaark as gently caress.

Lol yeah

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently Cate Blanchett was on the list to be on the Vampire Council too, then Taika Waititi found out she hadn't played a vampire before and told her she wasn't allowed :xd:

that is fantastic. She could have showed up her her ragnarok get up and get precession of shamed out of the basement

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Nandor being a serious fan of the 92 Dream Team, especially with all the memorabilia.

i called that joke when he talked about 1992 and I'm kind of floored I did.

Also, I started watching AP Bio over the weekend and I really appreciated Collin Robinson popping up in "teacher jail" as a "teacher tickler" because he likes laughter and doesn't know any jokes in addition to "dating" one of the cpr dummies. His actor is fantastic at these types of roles.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

An Ounce of Gold posted:

If you haven't yet, check out Dream Corp LLC. He plays an agoraphobic that lives and works in the bottom of a company that goes into dreams to work out their clients' issues. His best friend is a robot played by Stephen Merchant.

Oh poo poo, thanks for the reminder. I watched the first few episodes of it and was enjoying it but forgot all about it

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I dont think we ever got to meet the hated "Steve" in flight of the conchords. Here is to hoping about Mike

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

What a gem of a show. I watched the latest episode with my wife at work knowing I'd get a chance to rewatch it later tonight. I've never been disappointed "having" to watch this series twice

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

hanales posted:

I may have enjoyed this episode the most this season.

Ditto. It was just 95% earnest goofiness and I loved it.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

The reveal that the bikers were just normal guys had me dying

and the guy giving a talking head blurb was fantastic.

"He kicked the poo poo out of us!"

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

And because I had never heard of a "mechanical turk," so I looked it up:

wikipedia posted:

The Turk was in fact a mechanical illusion that allowed a human chess master hiding inside to operate the machine. With a skilled operator, the Turk won most of the games played during its demonstrations around Europe and the Americas for nearly 84 years, playing and defeating many challengers including statesmen such as Napoleon Bonaparte and Benjamin Franklin. The device was later purchased in 1804 and exhibited by Johann Nepomuk Mälzel. The chess masters who secretly operated it included Johann Allgaier, Boncourt, Aaron Alexandre, William Lewis, Jacques Mouret, and William Schlumberger, but the operators within the mechanism during Kempelen's original tour remain a mystery.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Jerkface posted:

I love that the entire Jackie Daytona saga is only a "weeks" time. "Fucken guy..." indeed

Also did anyone catch Lazlo talking about the indie band with the same name in the credits?

Only because someone made me aware if it. FYI for everyone, there are *two* scenes in the credits this week

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

precision posted:

I appreciate that it didn't turn out he was horny for the girls at all, that would have been way too obvious.

I wonder how many people didn't recognize who Jim was. I'm not sure I would have if I hadn't known ahead of time

I rewatched the episode with my wife,who was seeing it for the first time. When Jim the Vampire lowered his cowl, I asked if she recognized him. She said, a "oh! It's Rob Lowe!"

We're big Parks and Rec fans and watched the recent reunion special, so she definitely knows who Rob Lowe is. I'm sure Hammill would be delighted to think someone mistook him for Rob Lowe in 2020, but goon face blindness is real, and may be contagious.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

It may also explain in part why she's with you

lmao

e: i felt it necessary to tell my wife this burn (I'm sitting here with a Kleenex up my nose because of an impromptu nose bleed) and she literally laughed out loud. good poo poo

Eat This Glob fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 17, 2020

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

It's uuuup.

I feel like even though people say gently caress on this show all the time I was surprised the spanish swearing wasn't bleeped.

For real. Guillermo's ¡Chinga! Caught me off guard in a way Nandor's "fuh-king guuuuuuy" doesnt anymore.

poo poo, that makes a lot of sense, particuarly where we first meet her.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

same thing happened when they were going to murder the neighbor who "figured out" they were vampires. After wiping tony antaminuk's brain, they showed him the time of his life. Nadja scurried up the wall and lifted her dress at the neighbor.

"Sorry lazslo!" Nadja yelled after flashing the guy a whole bunch of fabric under the dress.

"I dont care," laszlo replied

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Turns out getfiscal was/is a powerful energy vampire

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1264650773985722370?s=20

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Kokomo was "seafarer's song"

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I recently started Toast of London. Matt Berry: YES!

Also, I finally watched Four Lions. Kayvan Novak as one of the leads was a pleasant, thick as a brick, surprise.

I suppose I should seek out a Natasia Demetrou show or movie now

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Fartington Butts posted:

Stath Lets Flats is on HBO Max which has both her and her brother. I couldn't really get into it since it's packed full of that REALLY awkward English humor. It got nominated for some BAFTAs recently.

Noted. I love awful, awkward british humor so ill give it a try! thanks!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

I feel like getting Vladislav all the way from NZ repeatedly to do Council stuff is weird.

Maybe he's been trying to make it as a kiwi in the big city with his mate as a Broadway actor after the last council meeting :kimchi:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

I love the little detail of Gail wearing a 92 Dream Team jersey.

I didn't notice that - that's great! I also didn't notice the actor playing Gail, but neither did my wife, so that's more a testament to Turturro than it is another tragic case of Goon Face Blindness

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

yeah, it doesn't appear he can be damaged but he appears to be in pain when he's run over. his physiology has obviously changed (unless he was born a fully-formed, bald middle aged man) since he was born. if they don't explain what exactly an energy vampire is or came to be i won't be all that bothered, because i don't know if there's an explanation that could stick.

i hope colin robinson finds the book on energy vampire lore and it is so boring he can't get past the first page

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

"Have you got a little secret, you little sick gently caress?" to "Yeah, you stinky bitch, the library's open!" might be my favorite two lines in this show. Holy poo poo.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

LEGEND

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Kaedric posted:

lol "loving guide" in the intro

that was my favorite line of the episode for sure

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Laz's buddy Sean isn't Bill Ponderosa. He's Donald Trump

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_President_Show

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Marsupial Ape posted:

Gizmo deserves to be turned by Antonio Banderas. Goddam, that would be a helluva get for the show...

was gonna suggest someone from "from dusk til dawn" but then i remembered trejo. i wonder if trejo keeps in touch with banderas from their "desperado" days. since you brought it up I'd kill for a armand/gizmo meet and greet

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

One question that still needs to be resolved: how is Colin's mother still alive?

willing to wager that's on the flip side of the page laszlo ripped out of the book. if Mark has been killed off the show I'll be bummed :( .

Also, there's a NYCC WWDITS panel up from recently. The host asked Matt why Laz was being so friendly with Colin Robinson and if it was real. Matt said that basically "it's the whole cruz of everything and if I told you I'd never work again" which got a pretty good laugh from the audience, thinking he was joking.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Colin got Lazlo to be his best friend for an entire season, so there is a zero percent chance it wasn't a con.

never considered that angle. that makes a lot of sense lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

helloooooo

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

FX put up a clip of Laz talking about EV's having 100 year life spans. Top comment was someone positing that Colin comes back via one of his trio of of clones from the episode where he got super powered. Id put that in the "huh, hadn't thought of that, but maybe?!" pile.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Ha! I forgot about that entirely.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

grittyreboot posted:

However it happens I hope he comes back young, dumb, and full of cum

Yeah, come on you stinky bitch, the library is open!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

yup. yup yup yup