Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I loved the movie but haven’t seen the show yet.

However my mom watched it and said it was hilarious so I’ll get around to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I binged the whole season in two days, this show is just as good as the movie and there’s more of it!

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Taika is so precious and adorable but please lose the mustache you look way too much like my dad with it.

I’m glad Harvey identified that Guillermo and Nandor have homoerotic moments together because I swear there have been so many times I really, truly expected them to kiss.

But they didn’t because Nandor is a stupid abusive jerk like all vampires. :mad:

Senor Tron posted:

That should be the thread title. I've talked to quite a few people about the show and almost always there is skepticism that a US series could catch the magic of the NZ film.

I was skeptical at first but then I watched it and yeah, SO GOOD.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

:swoon: And here I was not thinking I could get any more excited for the new season...

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

precision posted:

Colin Robinson does not crave power, he craves bureaucracy

People like him already have taken over the world. Have you been to a DMV?

My husband revels in being a bureaucrat and his favorite character is Colin Robinson for that exact reason.

I loved seeing “predatory” Colin Robinson. How completely out of place he seems in a house full of decadent Actual Vampires and yet how even they are caught in his machinations as a feeding source. (“He came with the house” lol) It was also nice to see that his desire to be around the other vampires can be genuine at times.

Guillermo continues to be my favorite just because he is an adorably awkward badass. Like Colin but with actual empathy.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Nandor you absolute idiot turn Guillermo while he’s still loyal to your dumb rear end and you can kill off the entirety of your competition! IDIOT. I love how this franchise is “World of Darkness but nobody bothered spending extra dots on mental attributes.”

Except for Colin Robinson, he didn’t spend any on physical but as we’ve see he doesn’t need to. And it’s funny that despite the fact that being inherently assholish is part and parcel of energy vampirism, Colin Robinson is the only one who doesn’t go out of his way to treat Guillermo like poo poo. Best character? Best character.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Carol is what happens when you turn Baron Afanas’ familiar. Definitely gave off Deep One vibes though the quills were a strange touch, but honestly I didn’t think she was supposed to even be a vampire when they introduced her, just some other creature.

I really do love how there are “Dracula” vampires (the main cast) and “Nosferatu” vampires. And Babadooks (or one Badabook) though I always assumed that was more of a ghost. :thunk: But what do I know, I’m food.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The orgy episode is one of my favorites. I mean...the Badabook!

This is one of those rare shows that doesn’t have a single bad episode to it.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

As much as I love Nandor and the other vamps, I also can’t wait to see Guillermo stake them all in the series finale. Godspeed, Gigi. :patriot:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Jerusalem posted:

He finally meets Antonio Banderas, but accidentally kills him :ohdear:

Spoiler: Antonio Banderas is just a human actor unlike the other actor-vamps we’ve seen, but Guillermo is so infatuated with him in the Armand role that the Van Helsing blood can’t tell the difference.

I don’t think he would kill Colin Robinson, because in retrospect even Guillermo would forget he’s in the basement. Truly the perfect ambush predator. :allears:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Nandor the Relented

:3:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I assumed Nadja wasn’t actually echolocating, just trying to look cool for the camera.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

That door room was a-MAZE-ing! :colinrobinson:

Also why are you upset, Nadja, don’t you guys all go to orgies together?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I was referring specifically to Nadja getting mad about Laszlow hooking up with Nandor, aka the life of the orgy and the guy who was present when she started giving Laszlow a handy in a previous episode. All three all seem pretty...free with one another. Not like Laszlow admitted to hooking up with Colin Robinson or something that put her over the edge.

God y’all made me just type all those words and I hate you for it. :argh:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Whoever owns that World of Darkness LARP company should really get in touch with Taika and Jemaine; I’m in dire need the ruleset for playing an ancient vampire who sits on the couch in Ottoman garb whining at a regular guy to keep adjusting the thermostat to arbitrary temperatures.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

You know, in spite of everything, I kind of ship Guillermo and Nander.

They'd be cute together, I mean if it weren't for the whole toxic power dynamic and eating people thing.

Oh man, different strokes for different folks because Guillermo's story has been my favorite part of this season.

Nandor and Guillermo definitely have an “old married couple” vibe and it would be so cute if Nandor wasn’t so cruel to him. Like, even more so than he is to other people. I guess that’s the point, though? This show is all about stripping away the romanticism that’s been built up around vampires.

Hard :same: on that second part.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Milo and POTUS posted:

...I must have completely missed this.

I forget which episode but it’s the one where they’re in a group hug and Laszlow says “you’re doing that NOW?” and Nandor gets a look on his face much like he did when the torture implements came out. So that’s what I assumed was happening there.

At least I hope that was in an episode and I didn’t make it up. :ohdear:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Kaincypher posted:

Fair enough, but considering the only other company Guillermo has is presumably the vampire trio, who are far more obnoxious or abusive than anybody else in his life. And to top it off, I'd say any port in a storm. He's not exactly flush with options. Although if they ever do a familiar version of Tinder/Grindr, that would be epic.

Not everyone is into casual sex for the sake of having sex, hth.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Kaincypher posted:

sure, if it was anyone but a familiar who's had zero contact with any type of lover, other gay familiar, literally anyone at all, I'd get it. Guillermo is a normal human after all, presumably he has some sexual urges, so while I guess it doesn't have to be casual, he has zero romantic outlets here. Guillermo is isolated as hell, this wasn't some guys/gays are so horny they'll do anything. My whole "any port in the storm" was more about Guillermo being desperate for approval than it being some sort of sexual thing.

I get that he’s pretty...pitiful, but I think Guillermo seems concerned more with being accepted by vampires than other humans. Also despite the whole accessory to murder/murder/disposing of corpses thing he doesn’t seem like a bad person so I imagine he’s not interested in stringing some equally pitiful woman along for romance and then being “oh yeah sorry not into you that way.”

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I love where Guillermo’s arc has taken him. He’s an absolute badass killing machine babysitting a bunch of morons.

That is a bummer they couldn’t get Bandaras for it, if only to see Guillermo geek out before killing him.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

My husband tried to get me to watch the movie and I told him several times that the premise sounded stupid and yet here I am, a pathetic nerd who would probably cry tears of joy getting to meet anyone working on either the movie or the series.

So yeah watch the movie, watch the shorts, bask in the glory that is this incredibly stupid premise and how well they have managed to pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Milo and POTUS posted:

The show's characters are the best part because the best character changes constantly

it’s this