Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I figure this thread might help, but does anyone know where to watch the new NZ show Creamerie outside NZ? It's basically Y the Last Man but featuring three Chinese ladies in a cow farm, I found episode 1 which was great and I want more

I can't help you find the episodes, but I've seen them and it's so loving excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

aga. posted:

Thanks for the "recommendation", currently watching episode one.

Not sure if Dailymotion streaming links are still okay but it's available.

It's so loving GOOOD.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

And I just burned through all of Creamerie last night and it was terrific—so no, to the concept isn't outdated. I was definitely wondering if they were going to mention trans women at all, but its narrative was small and focused enough that the lack of inclusion wasn't particularly missed.

They allude to it in the first episode. Being trans is illegal. It's part of the show's depiction of the villains as cruel White Feminists -- they're TERFs.

I suspect they'll do more with it in season two. They mention a prison.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Let’s hope this isn’t the new (para)normal for The CW. The U.S. debut of “Wellington Paranormal” settled for a 0.0 rating on Sunday, when ABC ruled the airwaves with its NBA Finals coverage.

I doubt the CW expected much from the series tbh. It's just foreign programming they can spackle into the holes in their scheduling.

I think any choice to buy the airing rights would probably have come with the understanding that most people who'd have really wanted to watch it would have. So it didn't bother them that they were counter programming against The Big Game.

I do think it's ironic that the Legends episode that aired immediately before was all about cult television shows that were cancelled because they couldn't find an audience lmao.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Between this and the phenomenal Reservation Dogs it just goes on to prove that this is Taika Waititi's world and we are just living in it.

Waititi doesn't seem too involved in Reservation Dogs (which makes sense, given how busy the guy is and the lack of connection he'd have to the material). I get the feeling he just helped usher it to the screen.

Plus doesn't he have an Apple show (Time Bandits!!) and an HBO pirate show coming out?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

ChesterJT posted:

Have we had a good Colin Robinson eye glow yet this season? It's one of my favorite parts but it feels like they're not doing it any more.

Boxing match was fantastic.

Happened during dinner this episode.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
LMAO that this man is so lame and tacky that he gets along with vampires.

The expanding of the show's recurring cast this year -- Him Next Door and Kristen Schall -- has been great, IMO. They don't feel like regulars, because they don't overdo them, but they basically fit pretty well.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm not really sure what the documentary angle really does for the show tbh. It's more of an aesthetic than anything else.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Alhazred posted:

It's totally in line with his character. He believes himself to be power behind the throne and that that's how he should be treated.

Yeah, he's basically turning into one of them.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Oh gently caress, that was Cree Summer.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Small White Dragon posted:

...What even was her goal there?

I think she was being straight up in her attempts to turn the vampires back into humans, she was just also a mixture of crazy and incompetent.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
TBH I'll be pretty happy to see the back of that character. This season hasn't been good for them, and it feels like the show could do with a shakeup anyway.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

It depends on the network. IIRC the breakdown is that FX/FXX lets them do whatever, USA/Syfy has a sliding scale depending on the show's content and AMC is shows are allowed one use of the word "gently caress" a season.

I was surprised that USA censored Mr. Robot, a show about mentally ill hackers doing crimes, less severely than Chucky, a show about a killer doll murdering children, for doing the same thing. You'd think USA would know what they were getting into with that one.

Though I think the been in Chucky is the first time a Syfy show has been censored in about 6 or 7 years. It's USA that has the problem.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Nov 3, 2021

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Billie Piper's Irish accent was so bad that (pretty major spoilers) when she died and was resurrected she'd lost the accent entirely because apparently the character just... forgot she had one? :laugh:

She still had the accent, it's a whole plot point.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Weird, I remember it disappearing after she came back but also I never watched the last season (or 2?) so maybe I missed it. Or my mind just made that up to protect me.

It's a plot point late season two, and comes up again in season 3. She's faking her new posh persona as a way to gain the security and power that she believes her poverty, gender and national heritage denied her. The accent tends to reappear when the character's in the full gallop of psychosis.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

big dyke energy posted:

It's possible he managed to get into one of Stede's secret passages on the ship... I mean, we didn't see him die! ...Or maybe I just really want him to be alive :smith:

Is it really a 9-episode series though? That's such a bummer, I want to see this poo poo play out!!

The World Inferno posted:

First season is ten eps, matey.

While this is true, it seems like BDE's already seen the finale.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Alhazred posted:

It's really refreshing to watch a show where almost the entire cast is queer and no makes a big deal about it, except Izzy.

Who is also queer.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I think Alhazred put it really well when they said that this is a show where everyone is queer and nobody makes a big deal about it

Izzy reads as a self-hating closeted man, ngl.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I think maybe I could be incorrectly extrapolating from that nightime confrontatiom scene between Lucius and Izzy. I'll have to go back and rewatch.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I don't super love this show, but that episode was pretty good.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

SpiderLink posted:

I figured he was worried they'd tell the vampires and his new source of income would dry up.

Or it would just force a conflict. It's absolutely the kind of lime crossing that could escalate.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
edit: too tired, not worth it

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Banans rock. I'm forever gutted by the disappearance of banana flavoured ice cream.

Khanstant posted:

I like bananas gently caress everyone else

I prefer when bananas don't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
More goons should watch Stath Lets Flats