Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Never got around to seeing the movie. The commercials for the show didn't make the show out to look appealing.....but I'll give it a shot. Flight of the Conchords was a really solid show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Jerusalem posted:

Something I loved is that, even though Nandor thought it had been 2 years instead of 10, he at least knows Guillermo well enough that he made him look like Antonio Banderas in his glitter portrait :3:

Obviously you're gonna get skewed feedback from a thread for a tv show based on the movie... but the movie is really, really, really, really loving good and you should check it out.

Boom. Done. It's on my "to do being watched" list.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

muscles like this! posted:

It should be on Amazon Prime.

I've got that. It'll have to wait until basketball is done though.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Boom. Done. It's on my "to do being watched" list.

Only about three years later. Two episodes in and I'm liking it a lot.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Yellow Ant posted:

I think Our Flag Means Death is pretty great so far. It’s cute. There are three more episodes up on Crave/HBO Canada. I like that Blackbeard and his crew seem to be part of the main cast now.

I wonder if Buttons is named after Rhys’ Cryptid Factor co-host?

I like it a lot too. In fact.....watching that is what finally brought me here.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Yellow Ant posted:

Yes, that Dan Schreiber! And David Farrier did that Dark Tourist show where he goes to dangerous locations.

:hfive:
Do you know when the new episodes come out? I didn’t notice when they were actually released.

Pretty sure it's every Thursday. The next batch will be out this Thursday and then the remainder of the season the week after.

And after getting through the first season of WWDITS....I went back to watch the movie....which I do actually think I've seen before but couldn't remember. Think the show is far superior.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

The_Doctor posted:

The movie is really good but the series knocks it out of the water.

Agreed. I think I would have liked the movie more if I had watched it prior. Although....I think I had seen it before and forgot. Either way....the characters of the show are just way better, imo. Kayvan Novak as Nandor is perfect. Steals nearly every scene, imo. And that's not to take anything away from Berry, Demetriou, Proksch, or Gullien. Clement and Waititi tapped into a bunch of talent to put this together. The product speaks for itself.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

The energy vampire council......A+

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

drat....that episode was just firing. The end bit was hilarious.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Not the best of the season.....but still had a number of good laughs. Colin's cool teacher stuff and Lazlo asking if Gizmo was wanking in the shed before telling him that he "wanks in there all the time" busted me up good.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Ratjaculation posted:

Yet again worth recommending everyone watches Four Lions

Dark comedy.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I don't think the reveal that Guillermo is gay is that big of a deal tbh. Just being gay still makes him the least queer character on the show.

An astute observation. Points.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think this was the strongest season for me, the only episode I didn’t really enjoy was the Dunkin Donuts lady one. And that wasn’t terrible, just kind of meh.

Incredibly strong ending. I love when they remind you that these are horrific monsters and not just goofy fun characters. Guillermo saying that he smelled that guy’s shampoo and started imagining him searching through CVS was a really great speech and shows how much Guillermo has grown since the show started.

Nandor, too, since now it appears it wasn’t actually laziness keeping him from turning Guillermo but the knowledge that Guillermo wouldn’t make a good vampire for that reason.

Same. Really great season minus a few plot points in a couple of episodes. Stuck the landing hard.

And for those worried that they might be running low on plot points.....that doesn't concern me in the least. There are plenty of season long arcs that could be manufactured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Anyone here watching 'This Fool'? Don't see enough love for it....and figured that fellow WWDITS fans might dig it.