Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Kaedric posted:

Pretty sure they're setting Guillermo up to be so jaded that he becomes a vampire slayer, or at least has the reputation of one (since he killed two vampires already). This would be hilarious and awesome, where he keeps just accidentally murdering them but becomes widely feared by the vampire council.

He'll never get the reputation, vampires will just keep dying but no one believes it's him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

wormil posted:

Definitely the weakest episode but still better than almost anything else on the air. I think you guys are being too hard about Guillermo, it's only been 9 eps and the dude has more character development than everyone else on the show. I definitely can see him becoming a werewolf, I mean the name alone is foreshadowing, although I'd rather he not.

I'm on the vampire slayer thing for him. They've definitely shown him getting pushed to his limits most every episode, and seeing familiars that never get made into vampires but that one girl did, he's either going to just snap or start secretly killing vampires on the regular.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

stratofarius posted:

I once read an amazing Brooklyn Nine Nine spec that's one of my favorite episodes of the show too.

I've heard tell of a Friends script about AIDS, but never managed to see it.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Davros1 posted:

I'm sure they'll sweep at the Vampire Emmys

Eh, I think the bad feelings from the vampire orgy will prevent them from winning anything there.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

moolchaba posted:

I also love the part when they grab the pool cues and it looked like they were going to do a mock lightsaber duel, but then they just broke them in half and made crosses to burn each other with. Hahahaha

I thought they'd go with stakes when they broke them, because, ya know, vampires but they just went in the "Holy gently caress these dudes are stupid" direction which was amazing.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Nah, from what we've seen energy vampires are parasites rather than predators like regular vampires, so they feed by keeping their victims alive yet miserable.

There's probably a good half hour discussing the possible side effects though that he could use to feed.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Phi230 posted:

I was just thinking, have vampires ever had any lore where they can echolocate?

Because I think Nadja echolocating in the sewers is straight up new vampire mythology.

Its such a simple thing too. Vampires can turn into bats, why wouldn't they learn to echolocate?

There's a ton of weird vampire lore, echolocation being the stand in for vampires being able to hunt people in the dark isn't too crazy. Hell, even among these vampires they all have different skills and abilities. The college student Nadja sired could turn invisible, and none of the vampires were really shocked by it and I don't think that's a standard vampire thing.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Okay obviously that would be perfect, but here's the question: is he playing a vampire, or himself, or himself AS a vampire? Like, it's been established that Antonio Banderas exists in universe as an actor, but is that in universe actor also secretly a vampire?

Well, Wesley Snipes is an in universe actor who's also secretly a vampire so no reason they couldn't have Antonio Banderas be an actor and a vampire. And based on who they got for last years finale, they might be able to pull it off.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Swollen Member posted:

No, Nandor didn't want to go back for it. :(

He's got the original. Nandor had gotten him a new one. It's even sadder.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Der Shovel posted:

It is, I love geckos. I just thought it was hilarious that the thing Colin Robinson does to demonstrate this awesome power is to ... stand around as a gecko. The most Colin Robinson thing to do.

It would be hilarious if his tail fell off, then he transformed back and was missing a leg and just regrew it.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

CommanderApaul posted:

He mentioned that he's coming up on his 100th birthday. Lazlo asks him if his mom is dead, and he says "no, she's just boring. Still is." Makes it sound like she drains him the way he drains everyone else.

I thought I was the only one that heard that. If he's 100 and still looks only middle aged, his mother has to be well over 100 and is apparently still kicking and healthy. I just assumed it was a clue that he was too stupid or she was too annoying for him to ask her about it.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Well, I have a feeling that the rug will be pulled out from under them. The stuff with Schaal seems so convenient that I'm expecting a twist.

Could just be there's some prophecy that some the leader of the Council will get killed horribly this year, so they gave it to them just so no one else would get killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Khanstant posted:

I want to at least see that guy try out a dozen or so different "lasagna" takes. My mind instantly goes to a "lay SZHOAUGN ye iiiii"

Speaking of pronunciation, how do y'all say "denouement?" I've never consciously heard it aloud before, I always thought it was "de-now-mint" but this dude just went day-new-mont

I thought it was "de-new-mint".