Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
I don't think this cropped up in the thread but I found that the original 2005 short film What We Do In The Shadows: Interviews With Some Vampires is on youtube in full, it's very, very kiwi deadpan humour. Do recommend. They're so young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB4ERbk0EVY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Is there a thread for discussing the Dracula miniseries because I am angry at how hard I got Moffat’d

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

FairGame posted:

No, but thanks for reminding me of how I watched a show with two episodes I found really great and a third episode that was so bad it retroactively ruined the preceding two.

I didn't make it past the first episode; it started off really well and then became clear that they were going to write Count Dracula in exactly the same way as all the villains from Sherlock (smarmy, cruel, smarter-than-thou middle aged white guys). Similarly the way Moffat seems to come up with a premise for an interesting confrontation scene and then works backwards to write the script, ignoring logical character development and motivations. I genuinely feel like Dracula ruined the good seasons of Sherlock for me.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Really stoked this show is back. I enjoyed that pre-vampire Nandor was played totally straight to contrast with the Nandor that we know. I do hope Laszlo gets some good arcs this season though because I feel like Matt Berry is underutilised on this show - or maybe because Natasia Demetriou is such a show-stealer. Oh, ouch ouch, my balls, I love to drink ... beer

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

I think I've posted this before but the original short film is still on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB4ERbk0EVY

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

This is going to sound like bullshit but my partner and I have somehow managed to find energy vampires in each of our lives over the last few months, which is making the rewatch of the show both difficult and even more hilarious.

Hers: a friend of a friend who is a classic emotional vampire - does weird things for attention, constantly embroiled in some form of self-created drama, to the chagrin of everyone else in their mutual friends group. "Accidentally" taking soccer player type dives in public places so she's the center of attention for a while.

Mine: a new coworker who is an absolute master punisher - starting long, long conversations about irrelevant topics, giving way too much backstory about something, actively forgetting things during conversations and making you watch him remember them in realtime. The type of guy who asks you a question and immediately follows with "I'll tell you why I ask.." and boring the living poo poo out of you for the next 20 minutes. It's honestly made my working week more stressful because he sits across from me and I can't avoid him; I keep my headphones on most of the time now to avoid interacting with him.

The freaky kicker? I am genuinely, genuinely not making this up, but their names are Colin and Evie.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

escape artist posted:

THAT CAN'T BE TRUE

I WISH I was joking but I'm currently sat across from him and have just been reminded that he audibly clears his throat every 15 seconds and has done this for the last two months :unsmigghh:

e: FUHking guy!

Concatenation fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Aug 3, 2020

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

I've seen a lot of recommendations for this, and I think I only made it three minutes or so into the first episode. I don't even know how to describe it, but it just felt very grating to me, like it was a relic of internet humor from a decade ago.

You're not alone, I haaaaate their brand of comedy. Just felt to me like a "that one kid yelling out random poo poo in class for attention" vibe, but from actual grown rear end men

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

I just love that they were drawing all over the hotel room’s walls and it’s not even acknowledged

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Guillermo and Laszlo's instant switch from quietly bickering parents to "Oh hey what're you doing?" and Laszlo's odd strut walk thing absolutely killed me this episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

More goons should watch Stath Lets Flats

Seconded. Just watched the whole series myself and it’s great.

I’d also recommend Natasia (and Ellie)’s sketch show, which is quite surreal but had me unable to breathe with laughter at a few points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koObSBI7xI8