Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Solaris Knight posted:

This episode confirms to me that if Colin Robinson wanted to, he could probably overpower the whole Vampire Council.

You know, the origin of the word "council" is quite interesting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've had bosses say "working hard or hardly working" to me and can confirm it drains you instantly

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Phi230 posted:

How does one become an energy vampire, I wonder

A background in HR helps

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
For next season they should try to get the guy who played a vampire on Preacher. That dude would fit right in

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Koalas March posted:

Joe Gilgun! He would be great.

While that would indeed be great, I meant the smarmy vampire he hangs out with in New Orleans. That guy would be a perfect rival for Laszlo or one of Nadja's ex's

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Colin Robinson does not crave power, he craves bureaucracy

People like him already have taken over the world. Have you been to a DMV?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm going to assume he just did to the house what he does to jobs, he just walked in one morning set up his room and before anyone else had the common sense to question it he was a fixture.

There was a Seinfeld episode where Kramer does that with a job, and that inspired a homeless guy in NYC to actually do it. He bought a suit at a thrift store for $5 and went to "work" every day. He was able to eat every day for free, either because some department ordered pizza or he'd just find someone he hadn't talked to yet, act like he knew them, and "borrow a few bucks for lunch" because he "lost his wallet". He slept in empty meeting rooms or closets, or sat in on meetings, etc, then stayed up all night.

He did it for 2 years and never got caught.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Oasx posted:

Matt Berry is a national treasure.

Budget Johnathan Rhys-Davies?

(He's my favorite)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would probably literally kill someone for an episode that has a bunch of flashbacks to stuff like Lazslo and Nadja being punks

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

What does Gizmo say at the start? He mouths it

I think "He's not", in response to Nandor saying he was winning

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Arglebargle III posted:

I've seen the actors mention that their costumes reflect when each felt most prosperous. So Nandor is in late medieval outfits while Laszlo wears Victorian dress. Maybe someone can tell me what style Nadja is wearing.

I'm pretty sure she's a parody of that crazy Countess that bathed in virgin blood, in the way that Nandor is a sort of Vlad stand-in

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Henker posted:

Man I did not expect an episode that's mostly about Jackie Daytona, the regular human bartender who's really into supporting women's volleyball, but somehow it works.

I appreciate that it didn't turn out he was horny for the girls at all, that would have been way too obvious.

I wonder how many people didn't recognize who Jim was. I'm not sure I would have if I hadn't known ahead of time

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Maxwell Lord posted:

I love it when an episode just commits to its premise that hard. Like, of course Lazlo would run away and start a new life so let's just follow that. This show is now about a small-town volleyball team. Sure.

I'm torn between wishing it had been a two parter, so we'd have a whole episode of him establishing himself, and then a whole episode for the leadup to and talent show, but wondering if extending the premise any would ruin its perfection

Speaking of which, that acoustic cover of Simply Irresistible was so drat good, for real

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My favorite bit is the song, it's so drat good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I had forgotten about the doll somehow so when it talked I legit got scared for a split second lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I love how befuddled Laszlo was by Jim making the beer disappear

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It was probably 5 dollars or half a chicken

How do you get half a chicken? Well...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

It may also explain in part why she's with you

Oh my god lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah I mean they literally stood in the classic lightsaber duel stance, it was super blatant. You even see Jim look go like "hm.. nah" before he breaks it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I literally told my wife the day before that Hamill was in the episode and she still didn't recognize him at all.

I think it's the voice more than anything, if you're unfamiliar with his voice work it's nothing like what he usually sounds like

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dilber posted:

This is the best show on TV by far.

Hard agree

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Near the end of the credits, there's a picture of them all standing in front of the house and Colin Robinson isn't wearing a suit!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Phi230 posted:

Holy poo poo I literally thought the same thing, except its World of Darkness as played by normal people and not WoD players

"Nadja, do you remember the 90s? Smashing decade. Virgins throwing themselves at vampires all over college campuses. We were all out of the coffin back then. Nobody cared! It was like the 60s."
"But darker."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lazslo and Nadja are obviously Toreadors

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nadja is totally a female Laszlo and vice versa. They're perfect for each other

A few episodes back with the painting

"That's my vulva!" :haw:
"It sure is!" :haw:
"Don't look, Guillermo"
"Oh, I don't care!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Was this the first time Lazslo said "HUMAN FORM!!!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm rewatching from the beginning and goddamn episode 3 is so good

"You know, Hackers is one of the only movies from 1995 that holds uuuupppppp!!!!!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"You turned my mother's vulva all brown and wrinkly!"
"You made his mother's vulva look like his sister's vulva!"
"Yes, exactly!"

Nadja and Lazslo talk about vulvas a lot

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"For we have been imprisoned..."
"Meow"
"...yes, without trial..."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

atomicgeek posted:

The best thing about the orgy episode is Nadja and Laszlo's realization that they are happiest being boring and horny together, which we should all hope to achieve with a partner or two of our choice.

Also:

"Guillermo! This party rocks!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
fah-cking guy!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

I hope these lovable knuckleheads are never punished

They've made it this far!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Colinrobinson is eternal.

Has he ever actually killed anyone?

It's funny you should ask, back in the 1920s, which I would say is a highly underrated decade, I was working at the Pentagon. That's a building, in Washington DC. Did you know that many postulate the pentagonal design is an invocation of Satan, otherwise known as Lucifer? Of course, Lucifer means "light bringer"...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just waiting for the Life Force alien vampires to show up

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sweet vampire bay-bayyyyyy

How does this show just keep getting better

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
fah-cking gal!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chairman Capone posted:

Immediately made me think of the little girl vampire and her pervert familiar from Let the Right One In.

I think you're remembering that movie very wrongly. He familiar had been with her since he was "her age", which is why the boy becomes her new familiar at the end. he wasn't a pedophile, he had just been in love with her when he was a kid

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ahhh okay, i've seen both but I've seen the American one a bunch of times because imo it was a lot better

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Also, Sam is the best recurring character

I was waiting on a reveal that "Kokomo" was actually the name of a place where thousands of humans were brutally slaughtered by vampires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Considering when they supposedly wrote the song i was expecting a pic referencing the slave trade in the region or something

Ohhhh I bet that was supposed to be the joke. Nadja says something like "Do they not know?" and I didn't catch what they called the song. Something like "the rowing song"? As in slaves rowing?