Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Sammus posted:

Skyring is located farther from the black hole than Sanctum, not the other way around. They probably should have mentioned the fact that time runs slow as gently caress on Sanctum compared to the rest of the universe at some point early on, but since everyone was in hypersleep for the trip I guess no one knew.

Of course none of this actually makes sense. Wouldn't you have to be in orbit around a black hole to experience time dilation? Just being in the same galactic neighborhood shouldn't do poo poo.

.. wait what? there is no conceivable cosmic distance that could be travelled in 100 years from earth that would have any noticeable degree change of effect from a black hole. Dang that's pretty dumb. As cool as the earth evacuation plot was it would have tied things together a lot better if the portals were introduced earlier and they got to Sanctum that way from Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
IMO it goes

Season 2
Parts of Season 1
Season 5
Season 6
Parts of Season 1
Season 3
Season 4
Parts of Season 1

But I loved Blodreina, love Diyoza and hated the Walking Dead level misery conga that was Season 4 so it is probably not the most common opinion besides Season 2 obviously being the winner (because...Season 2 Goddamn)

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The Walrus posted:

.. wait what? there is no conceivable cosmic distance that could be travelled in 100 years from earth that would have any noticeable degree change of effect from a black hole. Dang that's pretty dumb. As cool as the earth evacuation plot was it would have tied things together a lot better if the portals were introduced earlier and they got to Sanctum that way from Earth.

Yeah... And if Skyring is Planet Beta, then it's about 20 years away from Sanctum according to some poo poo they said early last season. I think they dropped the ball on black hole physics somewhere, but hey, Clark has a whole new group of people to kill so I'll allow it.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.
Just got caught up with episode 2. You can really tell that Jason is pulling as much stuff as he can out of his bag of ideas and putting them on the table as quickly as possible. The pacing feels a bit off right now, but we'll see how it works out going forward.

A rule of thumb when consuming pop sci-fi: if the characters start talking about black holes, just ignore any science stuff that they go on to say in the same scene. It'll save you a lot of headaches in the long run.

muscles like this! posted:

Also big lol at how Octavia is now 17 years older than she was at the start of the series and looks exactly the same.

To be fair, that just about matches her up with the age of her actress. Though I really don't know how old Octavia "should" look realistically. On the one hand, Octavia's had a much harder life than Marie has, on the other hand she had zero sun exposure for 22 years of that life, so...I have no idea how that balances out. This show is weird.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Whoops, radiation!

Everyone is being super dumb about Madi. I'm sure she can just ask for volunteers and not have a breakdown Clarke.

Good job Gaia and Raven. All factions gained increased tension.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Season 7 is a bit... eh? I dunno doesnt feel fresh but maybe it's because I'm sad its finishing and that's souring the show

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Sheidheda's ploy was a little too obvious and Slippin' Raven was a little too on the nose.

Please stick the landing on your final season. I don't want to be disappointed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is going to be kind of an awkward season if they don't combine the two stories pretty quickly.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
more exciting than the first two but introducing a conflict that is resolved in one episode just to have raven have a a Dark Moral Turn is really dumb,

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

This is going to be kind of an awkward season if they don't combine the two stories pretty quickly.

It definitely will, but I just want it to happen in a satisfying way.

In season 3, I was pretty disappointed that they basically dumped Ontari's story entirely to focus on ALIE instead. It was just getting good with her getting increasingly desperate to keep up the charade with the flame.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

This season is really showing that the budget was cut to peanuts. I guess now we have Echo "Batwoman" and Iron Raven vs....fractal dudes?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Ahh. They're going for a punishment and transcendence theme -- Clarke and co. are fighting their way into the afterlife, and facing judgement blah blah blah. But they've accidentally neglected the situation back home, leading to a Scouring of the Shire type ending.

I think part of the early season being drawn out is that they had to destroy the old set from last year (Sanctum) and then quickly build their sets for the coming season (those fractal fuckers).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

drat Echo, you are hardcore. Poor Orlando :( Gets 5 years of prison because he worked on the rest day and then his only friends betray him.

To fight the final war, we need history's greatest murderer. Get me Clarke Griffin! :v:

"What if the fun one isn't survivable?" Good question. Why don't you idiots put on the suits? Patch up the bullet hole with some tape or something.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

This very much feels like 2 or 3 seasons worth of ideas crammed into one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're really taking the "final season" stuff to heart by just cramming through huge swaths of time for characters.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They probably should have brought up information about those planets on the fancy computer in that suit.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Hanging in to see if the Bardo stuff will involve evil space buddhists.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

gently caress it, let's go nuts. Play more of that jaunty tune when a portal opens.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Looks like the Faithful is a problem that will solve itself :flame:

Of course Damien Dharke is embedded with the cultists. Legends you hosed up again! :v: All this Bardo / Disciple story stuff probably should've been in the second episode.

You know, why don't they have their arboretum on Penance Skyring? Just imagine planting some seeds or agriculture, stepping back into the portal, counting to 10 and then returning to harvest saplings / food. You could test and breed all sorts of hybrid plants too. I am now furious they aren't doing this. :argh:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While they were definitely implying that Belamey is dead there's no way that happened and instead he just got sent to one of the other planets.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah, he's not dead. He definitely got flung through the gate.

Interesting that the Octavia from the last few episodes of last season was actually 6(?) years older, but I guess if the anomaly can give you a magic aging virus, it can deage you too.

Also, interesting that they confirmed the existence of aliens (giants?). I'm actually excited about the Bardo plotline and curious about the Shephard's "Final Battle" or whatever.

Sheidheda being revealed is also picking up the pace of the plot back on Sanctum. I wonder when the two plots meet, if it'll be Sheidheda as the main conflict with Bardo gumming things up in the background, or the other way around.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oh god what if belamy got flung to skyring and he shows up as a bearded old man. I guess we are guaranteed to go back to Earth with the line about there being a stone there as well.

Good episode. Did we know that Hope had gone to Bardo on two separate occasions? I forgot she even stabbed Octavia tbh

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 19, 2020

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

While they were definitely implying that Belamey is dead there's no way that happened and instead he just got sent to one of the other planets.

Yeah, that and it'd be weird to have Jonathan Scarfe turn up for a thirty second cameo.

Ten to one we're getting a two hander between those two at some point this season.

oh jay posted:

Also, interesting that they confirmed the existence of aliens (giants?). I'm actually excited about the Bardo plotline and curious about the Shephard's "Final Battle" or whatever.

I'm guessing they'll be a part of the spinoff they're testing this season.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The Walrus posted:

I guess we are guaranteed to go back to Earth with the line about there being a stone there as well.

I’m guessing that not only is the show going to end with people going back to Earth, but due to massive amounts of time fuckery, hundreds, possibly thousands of years will have passed and the Earth is completely habitable again.

Bonus points if there were survivors hidden in bunkers left behind who have repopulated the planet and Clark and her merry band have to murder them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There is supposed to be a backdoor pilot this season showing people on Earth just after the war. I assume that will tie in to how people got to Bardo.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You know, why don't they have their arboretum on Penance Skyring? Just imagine planting some seeds or agriculture, stepping back into the portal, counting to 10 and then returning to harvest saplings / food. You could test and breed all sorts of hybrid plants too. I am now furious they aren't doing this. :argh:

The episode implied that the whole compound the Disciples are living in was built by the Bardoans, and that the arboretum was originally theirs. Notice how weirdly tall all of the doorways are?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It's a double swerve. Bardoans are just taller humans from the future.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Show will end with a dancing toy robot

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I find that diagram more confusing, given the way it uses the word "timeline".

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
look at this guy, he doesn't understand how the five balls work

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

Imagine 4 anomaly stones on the edge of a cliff

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, even though I'm sure that this is going to open up into full blown time travel by the end, every character has only moved forward in time.

The confusing part is that the episodes didn't always show it in order. If you wanted to make a useful infographic, you could make different lines for different characters and call out common events and scenes.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

2 weeks! Genghis Clarke hosed an entire planet in less than 2 weeks!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

oh jay posted:

2 weeks! Genghis Clarke hosed an entire planet in less than 2 weeks!

For you, the day Clarke graced your world was the most important day of your life. For her, it was tuesday.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

The snow planet's named Nakara? Where was that established?

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm one episode behind most of you (Netflix Europe gets everything a week later for some reason), this season is still fun but also very confusing. It kinda sucks that some characters get so little screentime, mainly Clarke and Bellamy, but also Madi. At least Murphy gets decent time, he's a great character and I feel the actor has only gotten better at portraying him as the seasons went on. Hope he makes it!

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.

As I suspected, Octavia coming out of the anomaly after just a few seconds in Season 6 screws all of the Sanctum:Bardo time dilation math up. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Diyoza owns

Indra owns