Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Has anyone tried starting Komm Suesser Todt right when Echo starts glowing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Clark needs to remake the hunger games.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

As i see it, humanity ascended due to the heroic actions of Bloodreina and were the first ever to descend cause Murphy found a loophole in the contract and took his love to bangbeach.
So these are the heroes we deserve and those i always wanted since at least season 3. lovely last seasons kinda redeemed.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I don't think the author really got Game of Thrones either if they thought Dany was suddenly rewritten as a villain in the final episodes.

quote:

One the one hand, The 100 turned its young blond heroine into a villain seasons ago, while Game of Thrones pulled a heel turn in the second to last episode of the show.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Mu Zeta posted:

So if you de-ascend you do get a new body? I think Emori got a new body. Maybe Raven did too and isn't a cripple anymore.

She has her leg brace on at the end which felt odd.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe the aliens are huge dicks and didn't fix her leg when she went back.

So they really might be the Stargate Ancients.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Given that we know they've wiped out multiple large civilisations for not meeting their standards of righteousness and purity, yes, the aliens are gargantuan dicks.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Regarding Picasso, what breed would be best to represent all dogkind in the final test? German shepherd? Golden retriever? Huskies?

Of course they'd all be hosed if it were a chihuahua.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Border collie for intelligence, or a natural guardian like a Pyrenean mountain or St Bernard. Definitely something in the working or pastoral classes. Though really they'd be fine with anything except terriers; those were all bred to be killers.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
A Labrador. Duh.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

The whole crew came back for her, except Maddie

Bahahahah

What a glorious gently caress you to Clarke

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

latinotwink1997 posted:

Bahahahah

Can you blame her? Would have been funny if we got an insight into Maddie’s thoughts :
Years ago I bumped into this crazy woman. She decided that I was her daughter and NEVER went away. She killed millions while screaming it was all for me. My “Auntie” Bloodreina was also a genocidal warlord and I spent most of my life hunted or hunting. One day a bunch of Clarke followers chipped me with the collective barbaric history of the human race. Then another “saviour” burned out my brain so we could become gods. gently caress no on going back. I am good not being human and never seeing them again. P.S. Clarke? You are not my mom

TMMadman posted:

A Labrador. Duh.

The Goodest of Good Dogs. So fluffy. So happy.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Can't believe we didn't get an "End of Book Two".

Season 5 ended so well, I was hoping they'd be able to really stick the landing, but the ending itself was... fine? It was disappointing though, after all the time spent on humanity and human nature, it all got hand-waved away "because aliens".

Also, Bellamy getting chumped like that was a disappointing end to the character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I still think they should have said to hell with logic and just made it so that transcendence was retroactive as well and made it so that everyone who ever lived got in. They already had to play loose with it to save Emori.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

I still think they should have said to hell with logic and just made it so that transcendence was retroactive as well and made it so that everyone who ever lived got in. They already had to play loose with it to save Emori.

It felt like they were going to make the argument that Bellamy could go either because a) he saw the people who had transcended beforehand or b) the translation Levitt quoted was also wrong.

But really, if they wanted to go all out, they should've just done this:

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
WTF.... Seriously hasn't bathed since season 2?! So unless it happens on screen it didn't happen. So none of the cast has gone to the bathroom ever.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

latinotwink1997 posted:

Bahahahah

Yeah, but not-lexa explained why Maddie stayed behind and that was because she knew Clarke wouldn't want her to grow up without being around kids her own age so she could experience love.

or something along those lines.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The algorithm has given me a taste of transcendence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-zzXP7yXiM

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Niylah came back from transendance to be with Clarke? Did I miss a scene where she talked about loving Clarke that much? And Jordan and Hope came back too right? Both of them barely know the rest of the crew, why give up enlightened paradise for a bunch of murderous jerks?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Niylah is definitely the odd woman out. Maybe Clarke was that good of a lay waaaay back in season 3.

But Hope would have stayed for her Auntie O, and which would be why Jordan followed her. Plus he's a total Murphy fanboy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I believe that Niylah got tight with the crew that was stuck in the bunker so that's probably why she came back.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Niylah was always an outcast, being half Trikru half Azgeda and then getting cosy with Skaikru, so choosing to get out of the hivemind and hang with Octavia and Clarke, the only people she's ever had any kind of positive relationship with, makes some sense for her.

Some of the others do seem like they probably should've taken the immortality, though.

Closing out the human race we have:
Clarke - no choice.
Murphy - maybe he couldn't resist the chance to give a gently caress you to alien overlords, but you'd think the cockroach would want immortality.
Emori - gonna follow Murphy wherever.
Jackson - Miller must be a fantastic lay.
Miller - ditto.
Octavia - likely didn't feel worthy, you don't easily get over being a cannibalistic murder machine.
Levitt - Octavia's Smithers.
Hope - I'd guess something along the same lines as Octavia, she was pretty down on herself for the whole seventh season, though she had nowhere near as much reason to be.
Jordan - Apparently Hope is such a good kisser, one smooch and he's given up divinity.
Niylah - see above.
Gaia - uh, followed Indra I suppose?
Indra - uh, followed Gaia I suppose?
Raven - uh...
Echo - uh...

By my count Clarke and Octavia are the only ones who really fit living out the end of the species on a riverbank, and maybe Niylah if those two are there. The rest really should've taken the deal.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Everyone is discounting the unmade Season 8 where Clarke and the gang plan to bust Humanity out of their alien mind prison. :colbert:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Astroman posted:

Everyone is discounting the unmade Season 8 where Clarke and the gang plan to bust Humanity out of their alien mind prison. :colbert:

I had this same thought after the finale

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I dropped off this show after finding season 3 really disappointing. Read up on a couple of things from the finale and er...what? Guess the show sure leaned into the sci-fi, huh?

Did Clarke do anymore war crimes after Mt Weather?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VagueRant posted:

I dropped off this show after finding season 3 really disappointing. Read up on a couple of things from the finale and er...what? Guess the show sure leaned into the sci-fi, huh?

Did Clarke do anymore war crimes after Mt Weather?

She does all of them.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It was quite a swerve when she wasn't the one to use the chemical WMD this season. I'm not sure I've ever seen a TV show with a more homicidal protagonist. In anything else she'd be the villain.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Clarke didn't even get to do the hero speech to save humanity and she also failed the test. When she got the news that she wasn't ascending her reaction was like when I was informed I needed a root canal.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I thought the finale was great but I wasn't really into the season overall. It felt impossible to understand what was going on and all the portals, times skips and that guy from the body snatchers season surviving constantly. He was a great villain but they were really stretching it to keep him relevant.

I also can't believe Bellamy died like that, I kept expecting him to show back up and honestly it kinda sucked that it wasn't a fake out because the final scene really would've been better if he was there as he would've connected everyone together and made some characters decision to stay make more sense.

Really seems like it's best not to look too deep into anything from this season as it just raises more questions, like when Clarke was ripping into the aliens she was...correct? I did like how there was a last war though, and how all that played out was good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wait hold on. They all reclaim their bodies or whatever and ended up back on Sanctum. So I guess every once in a while they will have some fun with red sun madness :birddrugs:. I bet they regret that choice pretty quick. Or maybe they will move back into the now eerily empty ruins of settlement.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The scene started on Sanctum but ended on Earth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no reason to not live on earth but they can portal over and get all the poo poo they could ever need.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Right, like the nuclear powered palace to live in

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Didn't that blow up, or burn down, or something?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Bardo seems pretty sweet and high tech as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A good poster posted:

Didn't that blow up, or burn down, or something?

It caught on fire but then everyone kept using it anyway so I guess the fire wasn't too bad?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The entire goal of the show was getting back to earth. It's revitalized so they are willing to rough it for a while.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

They had so many solutions but people kept loving it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

It'd also be weird to be on Sanctum and/or Bardo just surrounded by glowing crystalline structures that used to be members of your species.