Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Moon Slayer posted:

I hope they throw in some curve balls, because so far this kinda looks like a reprise of season 2. They get invited in, oh no they want some of us as host bodies to transfer in the consciousness of the original crew, Clarke kills them all.

Fortunately I have faith that the show will defy expectations.

I really want to know who/what the Old Man/Gabriel is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I see those giant anime robot drawings in the garage. I hope it's foreshadowing for the mecha battle in the finale :japan:

Gj Octavia your bloodlust got that little girl killed in the crossfire. I can only hope that Octavia and Diyoza's adventure will be as good as Murphy and Jaha's.

:rip: Clarke for now? They said it was permanent but they will probably reverse it somehow since Clarke isn't a real nightblood. Or maybe Clarke will murder the Josephine personality because why not. Death to Primes!

From what I can remember Clarke became a nightblood by getting a bone marrow transplant from Luna. I think the treatment was also experimental or untested? Anyways I'm guessing the Primes don't know this is possible otherwise they wouldn't have been so worried about running out of hosts. Basically what I'm saying is I hope this becomes a rehash of season 2 only instead of trying to get their bone marrow for radiation resistance, they are trying to inject sky cru with nightblood marrow because they are more compatible and less likely to die from the procedure due to :techno:.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 07:39 on May 22, 2019

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
This airs in the US a week prior to being released on Netflix, right?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I see those giant anime robot drawings in the garage. I hope it's foreshadowing for the mecha battle in the finale :japan:

Gj Octavia your bloodlust got that little girl killed in the crossfire. I can only hope that Octavia and Diyoza's adventure will be as good as Murphy and Jaha's.

:rip: Clarke for now? They said it was permanent but they will probably reverse it somehow since Clarke isn't a real nightblood. Or maybe Clarke will murder the Josephine personality because why not. Death to Primes!

From what I can remember Clarke became a nightblood by getting a bone marrow transplant from Luna. I think the treatment was also experimental or untested? Anyways I'm guessing the Primes don't know this is possible otherwise they wouldn't have been so worried about running out of hosts. Basically what I'm saying is I hope this becomes a rehash of season 2 only instead of trying to get their bone marrow for radiation resistance, they are trying to inject sky cru with nightblood marrow because they are more compatible and less likely to die from the procedure due to :techno:.

Maddie will unfuck that software update with her flame, i'm almost confident.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Doesn't really seem to be permanent, if it requires that USB stick installed at all times, instead of a nebulous consciousness transfer.

--edit: Also, I pretty much expect some multiple personality bollocks based on Clarke's nightblood being some synthetic after the fact stuff.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 22, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Darth Heda will come into it. Maddie will kill some younglings.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The black prime girl said something like "don't let me be trapped behind the glass" or something like that in reference to the cryo freeze story. So I don't think it has to be permanent.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

The black prime girl said something like "don't let me be trapped behind the glass" or something like that in reference to the cryo freeze story. So I don't think it has to be permanent.
I think what she meant was "don't let my existence [where you can look at me but not actually interact with or know me, because something bad is about to happen] torture you like you said your existence behind the glass tortured your parents."

that one guy fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 26, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Clarke is the perfect host for Josephine. They both love murder! Also her stepping over Callie's body was ice cold. I figured that Josephine would be the villain but I didn't expect for them to make her a nazi who loves for eugenics and breeding programs. She has no illusion as to what she is unlike her dad who thinks he's not a bad person by implementing their current immortality system.

Temporal flares are metal as gently caress. This moon is definitely space-Australia.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
I dig her taste in music though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHoT4N43jK8

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I guess the Primes are the first regular characters in the show who can spout out contemporary pop culture references.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

This season has been so good, goddamn. Having such a good time.

Also, for purposes of tracking Wanheda's kill count, does Josephine's kills count for Clarke? :v:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Not gonna lie: kinda liking Nu-Clarke. It's rare for anyone on this show to genuinely be having fun, but Josie's having a loving blast. It's a little hard to swallow that everyone's randomly decided that now's the time to start speaking Trig, but whatever works.

I found Octavia hollering out, "Save your baby!" to be a little odd. She may still be a human being with human feelings, but her suddenly sounding so self-sacrificial seemed like a rapid change of heart from when she was still playing the bitter warrior-queen a mere scene before. Might've just been the line delivery. Glad to see Murphy once again getting an impossible moral choice that he'll eventually, after great pains, decide to take the right road on.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 29, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spiteski posted:

This season has been so good, goddamn. Having such a good time.

Also, for purposes of tracking Wanheda's kill count, does Josephine's kills count for Clarke? :v:

Half credit on every kill :v:

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Vermain posted:

Not gonna lie: kinda liking Nu-Clarke. It's rare for anyone on this show to genuinely be having fun, but Josie's having a loving blast. It's a little hard to swallow that everyone's randomly decided that now's the time to start speaking Trig, but whatever works.

I dunno, I reckon it makes sense since they found out that Nightbloods are like cocaine to them. Avoiding discussing Madi in english.
I'm more surprised how they made Josephine understand it so fast. Until now it was framed super unintelligible to everyone except the viewers. Suddenly after hearing 3 words she's like "INTERESTING LANGUAGE, IT'S [x] [y] [z]!"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Half credit on every kill :v:

Standard RAF rules.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Spiteski posted:

I dunno, I reckon it makes sense since they found out that Nightbloods are like cocaine to them. Avoiding discussing Madi in english.
I'm more surprised how they made Josephine understand it so fast. Until now it was framed super unintelligible to everyone except the viewers. Suddenly after hearing 3 words she's like "INTERESTING LANGUAGE, IT'S [x] [y] [z]!"

If you assume she's some kind of brain genius ubermensch, it's not that outlandish. Trig has a lot of obvious English homonyms, so a trained linguist would probably be able to get the general gist of where it came from.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

finally got around to watching the opener.

this is the season wanheda murders the sun, isn't it?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So Josie is some kind of super genius tv scientist/doctor person who never once in her entire long life thought to try a bone marrow transplant? I love this show but that’s just super bad and lazy writing.

E: So my prediction for this season is that Murphy is gonna play along, maybe it’ll even be real for some time, but he’s gonna and up saving the day. It seems like they implied that he “saw” what hell would be like and he’s scared shitless. So he’ll probably sacrifice himself in the end and earn his way to future-Heaven. I’m curious about Madi though because I’m pretty sure that dark commander thing is gonna play a big role somehow and I feel like him/her being evil is gonna be some kind of misunderstanding.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 30, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Octavia now has a 149 year old hand, she's not going to be so punchy

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Clarke body def is a ferrari

This season is loving great so far :discourse:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

esperterra posted:

This season is loving great so far :discourse:

Yeah. Love this show.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

Maddie will unfuck that software update with her flame, i'm almost confident.

My money's on Madi using the flame to bring back Clarke somehow b/c Clarke was once its carrier, so her mind is bound to be in there somewhere boning down w/ Lexa or smth

Spiteski posted:

Josephine is clearly smart af, and was conversing in another language in this very episode while singing in another. The grounder language being mostly English slang turned on its head prob makes it really easy to figure out for someone who's a linguistics nerd, and lived during a time that slang existed.

I hope Josephine sticks around for a while, Eliza Taylor is clearly having a blast with the role and I love it.

Wanna find out more about that spoopy commander in the flame too

Diyoza and Octavia power hour is good

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

esperterra posted:

My money's on Madi using the flame to bring back Clarke somehow b/c Clarke was once its carrier, so her mind is bound to be in there somewhere boning down w/ Lexa or smth

I hadn't thought about that, but probably a good idea. I'd even go further to say that they might try to take over Madi, and all the Commanders with "OUR POWERS COMBINED" will destroy the implanted consciousness.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I also really appreciated Clarke having a oner with a dude last episode, imo it's way cool that Clarke has always just been bisexual and nobody ever bats an eye at it, and sometimes I think people forget that and think she's just a huge 'mo. Non predatory or flip floppy bisexual representation is p rare and this show is cool!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope we get a good half season of FerrariClarke's titties

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

I hope we get a good half season of FerrariClarke's titties

:yeah:

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Rocksicles posted:

Octavia now has a 149 year old hand, she's not going to be so punchy

My first thought was 'Octavia gets superpowers !' when the weird light thing came in. Having a 149 year old hand would be pretty special were it not for Diyoza's 300 year pregnancy.

This episode really looked gorgeous, more then normal with the lighting and the sets, I checked imdb for a new director or something but it was a veteran of the show's third episode as well as being first AD on 56 (!) more eps. One other name stood out, the stunt double for the first girl getting the mind transfer was Monroe.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I see why the CW renewed this show after getting the skinny on where the show is going.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

I see why the CW renewed this show after getting the skinny on where the show is going.

10 seasons and a movie!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
If they ever kill Murphy, let's riot okay?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
John Murphy is a cockroach.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I don't buy for a second that he's actually committing to betraying them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MiddleOne posted:

I mean, if it means a chance to bang Clarke...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rhyno posted:

John Murphy is a cockroach.

I think he has one of the best character arc of any show. I can't get enough of his character.

I want a spinoff with just him surviving Clarke and Bellamy's repeated attempt to kill him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dalael posted:

I think he has one of the best character arc of any show. I can't get enough of his character.

I want a spinoff with just him surviving Clarke and Bellamy's repeated attempt to kill him.

I agree 100%. But he's a cockroach in that even nuclear war won't kill him. He's gonna pilot that ship back to Earth and start a new Eden.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MiddleOne posted:

Murphy is definitely going to play both sides to get maximum benefit and survival chances for himself. On one hand, they are his comrades. But on the other hand, he is tired of all these star wars...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 30, 2019

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's definitely going to be a war within Murphy for how much he wants to stay alive and how much he wants to change.

Also I thought it was really funny how "Josie" immediately hosed everything up the first instant she talked to anybody. I was kind of hoping that they would have been able to put it together faster though.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I agree 100%. But he's a cockroach in that even nuclear war won't kill him. He's gonna pilot that ship back to Earth and start a new Eden.

I'm pretty sure he'd be the chap offering the apple.

"The big guy is lying to you. Don't be a sucker your whole drat life - get your five fruit and veg a day. Sorry I already ate the first four. Bon appetite, loser."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rhyno posted:

We all know they're going into that time anomaly and returning to pre-war earth