Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That trailer is loving BONKERS!

Genghis Clarke is going to gently caress some poo poo up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Propaganda Machine posted:

So hey, this looks cool. Is it all on the CW website, and is it best to just start from the beginning?

Confirmed, but hold your expectation till about half way through season 1 it takes a fairly big turn to the :black101:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good start to the season...

Murphy clowning on Clarke is the best for everyone.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are we predicting Ravens pilot gently caress buddy got picked up and taken back by the ship pirates?
Seem cruel to bring him back for 20 mins to just knock the dust off Raven's hoohar and land the ship

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Everyone sniping at Clarke is :discourse:

lmao Raven will never be happy. :rip: Shaw.

Someone please kill Octavia already jfc she is the worst.

She's still their only doctor so her plot armor is the strongest of all. At least until they find another certified doctor. Jackson is still in training / doesn't have all her years of knowledge / can't do surgery / something else.

:same:

the pro octavia lobby was in full swing yesterday. loving retards they are.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

Octavia forever

greek pride!!!

Jason Rothenberg didn't use her in the countdown posts and they went full retard.
https://www.instagram.com/rothenberg.jason/?hl=en

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

pahuyuth posted:

We'd like to keep Clarke's insane love of murder, thank you very much. In fact I say we ratchet it up a couple of notches. Wanheda done gone interplanetary!

Between Bellamy and Clarke they have a combined kill count of 1900 mooks. e: It's actually 1600, she shares Mt Weather with Bellamy.

Bellamy is currently in the lead, by 95. I hope Clarke can bring it home for the title.

e: She took all of season 4 off killing too.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 2, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STOP GIVING US OLD poo poo!!!!!!!

I'm glad all the lunatics got pushed out of TV IV The Genghis Clarke Power Hour threads

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

MiddleOne posted:

Eh, isn't it less time they've actually been there though? I mean they also presumably traveled there on ice.

The producer said they have been on the planet a little over 200 years.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are you sure? I don't think that tracks.

Just making up dates:
The colonists left in the year 2000 right before humanity nuked itself and arrived at Alpha in 2100(100 years in transit).
The show starts in 2100.
Our heroes gently caress around and kill the planet then leave in like 2105 then arrive at 2205(100 years in transit).

The show starts in 2149

Elgius 3 left before the Apocalypse, that's all we know. Took MerkCru 75 years to get there, Monty was in orbit around earth for a lifetime. They went under in 2156, Jordon went under in 2184, Harper died in 2206 and he set them on the way, They wake up in 2281.

The Elgius 4 mutiny was in 2047 and came back minus one engine in in 2156, so you can hand wave as much as you need to for how long it took the Elgius 3 to get where it was going. If it left around 2020-30, you have all the time you need.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

A good poster posted:

Raven's face looks kind of different in this episode, like the actress had some plastic surgery done between seasons.

She's been working out, her instagram pictures show her being ripped recently and she's been posting stuff from her hiatus holidays

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpU5MVYjsZG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Astroman posted:

FInally got to catch it.

All the Clarke-bashing, especially from Murphy, was awesome. Murphy in general was in rare form!

I also loved how everyone just spent the episode sniping at each other for all the poo poo they pulled last season, or in Octavia's case right back to The Ark, Jaha, and everything else. She has not changed a bit. :allears: Though it was nice to see Kane call her out on burning the algae farm.

Good idea to put Kane back on ice until we find out if The Passage is cancelled. He can always come back in 6 episodes or next season or never. Hoping it's soon, not that I want to see The Passage go because I'm enjoying it, but I'm Team Kane all the way.

Without Kane though, it was nice to see Bellamy in an assured leadership role. A far cry from his hedonistic leader persona of the first few episodes.

They were very on point with the comparisons to them making planetfall to the S1E1, right down to the gold line of the night "Does anyone have anything better than "We're back, bitches"? :swoon:

The actor they cast as Monty's kid is very much like him in speech/mannerisms. Good casting and acting there.

This is an interesting article speculating on possible connections between Eligius/Becca/A.L.I.E./Second Dawn and the colonists on Alpha:
https://www.hypable.com/the-100-season-6-eligius-3-two-suns-second-dawn/

They rightly say that Second Dawn founder Bill Cadogen appeared to have gone into the Bunker with his peeps (remember Becca begging him not to burn her at the stake), but with cryogenic suspension possible on this show, and all kinds of stuff showing up from before the apocalypse, I have a dark horse theory he might show up still. I said it before and I'll say it again: you don't cast a guy like John Pyper-Ferguson for a cameo. I can easily see that being some thing these writers would do, to pull him up a few seasons later as a Big Bad.

the guy who plays Monty's kid auditioned for Monty, he did an AMA the other day and he was super nice and answery.
https://www.reddit.com/r/The100/comments/bjn309/hi_its_shannon_kook_jordan_jasper_green_from_the/

warning: shipper territory...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CeeJee posted:

Clarke being affected by stuff that turns people into homicidal maniacs causes some sort of buffer overflow into trying to kill herself.

That makes perfect sense. She's her own worst enemy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

I wonder what happens to people's bodies after they die, that woman seemed super concerned about doing something with them in a timely fashion.

They've probably all gone wackadoodle worshiping some such ting and now they have to burn the bodies

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Open Source Idiom posted:

She mentioned that the trees absorb the dead -- at least they would have absorbed the insects, and she expected that they'd have taken most of the ground team too.

There's some good plot beats midseason, but I think the season was ultimately sabotaged by a weak ending because there's basically no third act. Octavia makes a pretty good villain though (for the most part).

Murphy lives.

wasn't the best season, but it had some big die, that's always fun.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bob's knees hosed, let give him a limp this season. :ese:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

So is it accurate that for the entirety of last season without killing anyone?!

Who? Clarke went murder free for season 4.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Maybe the moon itself is one giant organism.

Clarke going to kill a moon!

:haibrow:

If she kills this planet, might as well call her Galactus Clarke.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Poor Jordon, he was on planet braless for one day and he was about to get a little something something

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Diyoza and Octavia have been handed a team of forest ninjas. Clarke has been made Princess for a day, Murphy's even wittier when he drinks. Good episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThePagey posted:

I haven't read the replies for this week's episode but I'm getting ready to watch ep 3 right now.

I guess it's weird to call The 100 a show with very few colors, but I didn't really notice it until we got to this season. It's really refreshing to have more than just browns, greens, and metals to look at, and I genuinely can't believe they went with something as batshit as a loving castle. I love this show.

Murphy continues to be the GOAT. If he dies in this next episode, I'll riot. I'm really conflicted about feeling bad for the Sanctum citizens who got murdered before they could do anything (though congrats to 2/3 for getting a union card with their sentence of dialogue). The dude yelling for them to wait right before he got shot was actually pretty harrowing, so, hopefully I'll have a more concrete answer as to whether or not I care soon.

Murphy ain't dying. He's the audiences avatar.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I see those giant anime robot drawings in the garage. I hope it's foreshadowing for the mecha battle in the finale :japan:

Gj Octavia your bloodlust got that little girl killed in the crossfire. I can only hope that Octavia and Diyoza's adventure will be as good as Murphy and Jaha's.

:rip: Clarke for now? They said it was permanent but they will probably reverse it somehow since Clarke isn't a real nightblood. Or maybe Clarke will murder the Josephine personality because why not. Death to Primes!

From what I can remember Clarke became a nightblood by getting a bone marrow transplant from Luna. I think the treatment was also experimental or untested? Anyways I'm guessing the Primes don't know this is possible otherwise they wouldn't have been so worried about running out of hosts. Basically what I'm saying is I hope this becomes a rehash of season 2 only instead of trying to get their bone marrow for radiation resistance, they are trying to inject sky cru with nightblood marrow because they are more compatible and less likely to die from the procedure due to :techno:.

Maddie will unfuck that software update with her flame, i'm almost confident.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Darth Heda will come into it. Maddie will kill some younglings.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Half credit on every kill :v:

Standard RAF rules.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Octavia now has a 149 year old hand, she's not going to be so punchy

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope we get a good half season of FerrariClarke's titties

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
But they are so drat attractive.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Season 10 they can start jumping dimensions and get all up in that Sliders action.

Can Clarke possibly defeat..... herself?

Clarkebowl

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Christ... those savages are going to be unbearable now.

e: Off to reddit to chum the waters.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, the part where they have to announce that they want people to be calm and respectful is... haha. Shows that court teen audiences have hosed fandoms.

according to reddit, people have tagging bobs ex girlfriend, coz they broke up this year and she was pissed for being betrayed by him and some friend of theirs.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Darth Heda coming back as Kane is my guestimate

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"So let's say like you're a mountain lion, and he...but you're really a gorilla, but he thinks you're a mountain lion and you have to act you're a mountain lion, you're a gorilla but you have to act like a mountain lion, or he's going to know you're a gorilla and then it's...it's different. So just be that"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't gently caress with BrainHeda!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In the last episode it mentions they don't always last very long.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fenris13 posted:

Remember, they are jumping into the bodies when they are already in there 20s, so 30-40 years per body puts them at 60. Obviously the dangerous planet is a factor, add in that they are probably pretty reckless since they know they are coming back, and really if you were an immortal shitbag who could jump into a 20 year old body would you really want to stick around in your 70 or 80 year old one?

Maybe the old geezer bodies were taken as a last resort, they had a que and they were running out.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They are rare now because they kept taking all the good stock, people needed to breed kids to grow up. I imagine a whole bunch were taken by the NotGrounders.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evernoob posted:

Nothing would stop the Primes from breeding after bodysnatching would it?
The moral implication of having offspring to possibly take over however is just fantastic though....

Well, there is the whole boning your relatives thing...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarkCrawler posted:

Oh man, the last episode was one of the best in my opinion in all of the show. I loved Clarke being a badass and I love how they made it clear early on that she would totally loving wreck Josephine in a fight if it was about that. The new mythos and planet are really great. This show finally managed to get its magic back after losing it during the horrific torture-misery-conga of S3/4 for me.

Now gently caress those immortal bitches up. You have a whole ship full of people who have spent the last few years or so doing nothing but murder and survival. Screw being better, let's show them how it's done on Earth.

Shield had a two in one head thing going on and that was one of the best episodes too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pixelante posted:

Abby is terrible.

I was playing Space Enginners while i was watching this and i need to rewatch it, but that's the one thing i remember even Marcus was like, "Nuppies, you made a big mistake... adios"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pike was too old to be a loose cannon, he had to go. RIP Colonel Ellis