Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno what the deal is but I'm finding this season majorly boring. Past seasons had flaws but they were never boring. Hoping this is just a product of the longer season and things start to ramp up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Open Source Idiom posted:

Nah. Seasons 6 and 7 have been so much better than four or five. God five was terrible.

I thought season 5 was fine so long as you bought Olivia's story beats. The only season I really disliked before 7 was the one with the militaristic dude that came down to take over the ark survivors (3?), but even that season had a lot of cool parts, I just had a lot of trouble buying Belamy's motivation.

Season 6 was ok, not as good as I would have hoped but I enjoyed it - Josephine was a great character and this season is missing her already. I think that poster hit it on the head when they said this is the first time where the goals have not been immediately clear (it's 'build a society' in the big picture but that's always been the goal). Right now it just feels like it's treading water so again, I hope these first few eps are just moving things into their place for an epic finale.

I think it's also fallen victim to its own trope of constant escalations and paradigm shifts. That was a huge part of what made the show for me but I still think it's a mistake to be introducing so much new mythology in the final season of the show. Spinoff prep is a very good guess I bet.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Sammus posted:

Skyring is located farther from the black hole than Sanctum, not the other way around. They probably should have mentioned the fact that time runs slow as gently caress on Sanctum compared to the rest of the universe at some point early on, but since everyone was in hypersleep for the trip I guess no one knew.

Of course none of this actually makes sense. Wouldn't you have to be in orbit around a black hole to experience time dilation? Just being in the same galactic neighborhood shouldn't do poo poo.

.. wait what? there is no conceivable cosmic distance that could be travelled in 100 years from earth that would have any noticeable degree change of effect from a black hole. Dang that's pretty dumb. As cool as the earth evacuation plot was it would have tied things together a lot better if the portals were introduced earlier and they got to Sanctum that way from Earth.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
more exciting than the first two but introducing a conflict that is resolved in one episode just to have raven have a a Dark Moral Turn is really dumb,

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oh god what if belamy got flung to skyring and he shows up as a bearded old man. I guess we are guaranteed to go back to Earth with the line about there being a stone there as well.

Good episode. Did we know that Hope had gone to Bardo on two separate occasions? I forgot she even stabbed Octavia tbh

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 19, 2020

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
look at this guy, he doesn't understand how the five balls work

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oh no

https://twitter.com/ArrynZech/status/1279103295525539841?s=20

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder how long ago this was shot? Looks like the same bunker set and I can't imagine it's still constructed.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
starting to wonder if bellamy really is dead and the showrunners got the memo on Morley before the rest of us

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Very very very strange don't directorial choices that whole ep. Someone new or a vet? The ending montage.... thing being most egregious

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
That was a very solid ending and probably the best episode of s 6 or 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
imagine not getting the 100 lol https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-100-series-finale-pulled-a-game-of-thrones-and-im-s-1845242537