Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Becca I believe says the combos are infinite. I remember thinking to myself the implication of that, and I thought well yeah if there's no limit to how many symbols need to be used then it is indeed infinite (one code could be tap this one symbol a million times, then another could be tap it a million and one times).

With an explanation like that sure basically any outcome could make sense within the show and they could take it as far as they need, which in this case seemed to be a variant of, this code takes you to a breathable, uninhabited by humans, future and recovered earth. At least they didn't have the code fully bring people back to life or de-age them. Although it seems transcendence healed any and all injuries so, sweet deal for the terminal characters who chose to return to earth to be with Clark.

I love this show, and a big part of my appreciation comes from the relative freedom the show has from logical constraints. I guess that sounds weird, and could be re-worded as, the show doesn't take itself so seriously, although I don't exactly know what the crew thinks of the show. Either way if the dialogue gets cheesy or the plots fall apart for whatever reason, or the sci-fi elements are incongruent with previously established rules... it doesn't bother me, and in fact I applaud the show when it subverts my expectations either in an unfair shocking way, or in a nuanced and logical way.

I feel like I bonded with the show around season 5 after just enjoying it more casually before that, similar to my feelings on the show House. As it got more and more absurd I loved it even more, for reasons so different from why I love other shows. And, like House, The 100 ending makes me very sad I won't get to wait for more new ridiculous episodes, although I hope the spinoff can be more enjoyable than something like The Good Doctor (US). I'm also excited for a re-watch of The 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU