Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

DrManiac posted:

Is there a cost to using the 3D printer?

[e] Also I'm probably not going to use my second copy so if anyone wants it just post your steam

It consumes one of your items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

The swamp level is rear end for seeing anything, tbh

Yeah at first I was all "Lazy-rear end goons can't be bothered to do some exploring to find chests and teleports" but then I got to the swamp with the radar active item and saw the shittons of drones and chests buried under the water with no way of seeing them.

I'd say a good compromise would be giving intractables a much larger indicator that pops up when you get close to them and allowing players to permanently mark multiple things for the remainder of the map.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?

DrManiac posted:

Yeah it eats up one of your items in exchange for the item listed on the 3d printer.
My friend had great fun with it by spending all of his items for ten red whips. Never seen a bowman go so fast.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

DrManiac posted:

[e] Also I'm probably not going to use my second copy so if anyone wants it just post your steam

3D printer and the lunar shop sacrifice pools work on a similar principle:

Put X items in to get Y out. You CANNOT choose the items, it is random. The sacrifice pools take all types of items of any rarity. The 3D printer only takes rarities of the same rarity as the output.

e.g. 3D printer has Ukuleles. This is a green rarity. Any of your green items can be exchanged for a Ukulele and you cannot choose which it takes. You may want to convert your Rose Guards into Ukuleles, but do you risk your leech seeds?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

ChickenHeart posted:

Yeah at first I was all "Lazy-rear end goons can't be bothered to do some exploring to find chests and teleports" but then I got to the swamp with the radar active item and saw the shittons of drones and chests buried under the water with no way of seeing them.

I'd say a good compromise would be giving intractables a much larger indicator that pops up when you get close to them and allowing players to permanently mark multiple things for the remainder of the map.

The problem is the drat color of the teleporter. The chest work because the only thing in the game that is that blue color is a chest so even at a distance you can tell where a chest is (as long as they are not under water) but a teleport? Blends in with everything. Even faint wisp of light coming off it don't help. The devs really either need to add in a red outline like in the first game or a tower or light that grows as more times passes.

Make sure to tell the devs as such in the offical discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/riskofrain2

They have neat little system running for people to vote on feedback.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah chests stand out from a distance since blue contrasts with the palettes of most stages but the teleporter blends in far too easily with all of them. And its silhouette is fairly slim and innocuous in 3d. If you're looking at it from the same elevation all you've got to work with are some slender spikes and a brazier.

It's a lot easier to see the teleporter dais from higher ground but that's not always an option.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
So speaking of having trouble finding the teleporter, I just spent 40 minutes on stage 2 because I could not find the god drat teleporter. At least I got a couple lunar coins...

Dackel posted:

3D printer and the lunar shop sacrifice pools work on a similar principle:

Put X items in to get Y out. You CANNOT choose the items, it is random. The sacrifice pools take all types of items of any rarity. The 3D printer only takes rarities of the same rarity as the output.

e.g. 3D printer has Ukuleles. This is a green rarity. Any of your green items can be exchanged for a Ukulele and you cannot choose which it takes. You may want to convert your Rose Guards into Ukuleles, but do you risk your leech seeds?

Ok, that's really good to know. I found a printer that printed health packs but I didn't get more than 3 because I was afraid it would eat one of my green rarity items.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Dackel posted:

If you get one with a Syringe or Stun Grenade, though, do sacrifice everything into it as fast as possible. Especially if you're MUL-T and have a pimped out nailgun :getin:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What is the secret to not instantly losing to the Clay Dunestrider's oil barrage that hits faster than your roll cools down for two thirds of your health an oil bubble

This feels insanely hard compared to RoR1 - I can't get past a third level without the worm or the dunestrider turbofucking me no matter what I do :argh:

e: The Stone Titan also feels real impossible if it just puts the teleporter in the open so you can't hide from its "you lose" laser

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 30, 2019

Drakonis
Dec 18, 2011

"That will go down among my worst boners."

DrManiac posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Drakonnus

I'll take the extra, thanks.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Goons. Do the timed chest achievement in stage 3. That is all.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

I DONT SEE YOU

lmao the game needs to give hints once you're stuck on a level for that long

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

DrManiac posted:

if anyone else has an extra they aren't using I can totally put it to a good home! :D

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well I unlocked the robutt, maybe I can get further with him than the commando

space marine todd posted:

lmao the game needs to give hints once you're stuck on a level for that long

I just had it spawn partially underneath level geometry so if you're not seeing it sometimes that might be why

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

What is the secret to not instantly losing to the Clay Dunestrider's oil barrage that hits faster than your roll cools down for two thirds of your health an oil bubble

This feels insanely hard compared to RoR1 - I can't get past a third level without the worm or the dunestrider turbofucking me no matter what I do :argh:

e: The Stone Titan also feels real impossible if it just puts the teleporter in the open so you can't hide from its "you lose" laser

Yeah I played my first run and it ended at the first level teleporter because he just immediately melted me with his laser.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Yeah, it's hosed that the teleporter can clip into level geometry. I had one in the swamp where it was half in a wall.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Super fun game with a group, not so much fun with randoms.

add for shenanigans:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/toober

Equate fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 30, 2019

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Yeah, it's hosed that the teleporter can clip into level geometry. I had one in the swamp where it was half in a wall.

worst part is that the boss item drop spawns one the edge of the teleporter. If that happens to be inside a wall then it will spawn on top of the wall, which may be totally unreachable.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Three of them.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

For those having trouble with Mercenary: He's got an innate double jump (+ more with Hoopoo's Feather) to reach flying enemies. Always Be Spamming.

Always. Be. Spamming. You honestly should never not be spamming abilities in this game for any of the characters. He also has TWO dashes. They gently caress dudes up late game. He is incredibly viable if you know how to play him. If you're dying, then you need to find items that give you survivability.

Also don't skimp on the Engineer. Get the item that puts down healing when you're standing still and you have your two amazing turrets that can now poo poo out healing that your team can stand in. Just learn how to play the game, and don't be a bad who just uses M1 the entire time. I had a game with randos where the last guy alive was MUL-T and he never used any other abilities or his Q/Y until I told him to. He just shot his nail-gun at things until he died. Don't be that guy.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Okay so when the big Golem boss guy charges up his laser, how the hell do you avoid it? Like I try sprinting and rolling but that fucker just stays snapped right on you, even if you roll behind the boss he'll still be locked straight on you. Seems like the only way to actually avoid it is to hide behind a rock or something.

E: Regarding teleporters being hard to see, I'm pretty good at spotting them but I've had two Roosts where I'm 99% it just didn't spawn. I spent an hour on one of them searching every rock and column and wall and ended up just suiciding. Only thing I can think of is that it spawned entirely in a wall or a rock.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 30, 2019

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
They should really add a red outline or glow to the teleporter structure, even in the first game the tele had a thick red border around it that made it obvious.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
It's come up in the feedback channel on the Discord so much that I'm sure it will be addressed in the next patch in some form.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Or hide in a loving cave. Then I had to fight two Beetle Queens in the loving cave. Needless to say my run ended in that cave.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Logan 5 posted:

They should really add a red outline or glow to the teleporter structure, even in the first game the tele had a thick red border around it that made it obvious.

There are orange particles around the teleporter that you can see from kind of a distance, but they should definitely make it more obvious.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Or hide in a loving cave. Then I had to fight two Beetle Queens in the loving cave. Needless to say my run ended in that cave.

Hopoo's allegory of the cave.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Game owns hard. Could definitely use a larger variety of levels but its good fun in this early access form

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Didn't care for the 1st game but this is definitely hitting all the right spots fo rme, game's good

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

dmboogie posted:

robot: beat the first portal in 5 different games

engineer: beat 30 portals (in total across all your games)

mage: get 11 lunar coins. Spend 1 to unlock the blue portal shop, then spend 10 to unlock the mage.

merc: enter a heavenly portal, they just appear sometimes

You can also go Computer > C > Programfiles > Steam > Userdata > [your profile] > 632360 >remote > UserProfiles > Open the only file in the folder with notepad and add whichever of the unlocks you want right above the </stats> line.

<unlock>Characters.Huntress</unlock>
<unlock>Characters.Engineer</unlock>
<unlock>Characters.Mercenary</unlock>
<unlock>Characters.Mage</unlock>
<unlock>Characters.Toolbot</unlock>

phourniner posted:

For those having trouble with Mercenary: He's got an innate double jump (+ more with Hoopoo's Feather) to reach flying enemies. Always Be Spamming.

Always. Be. Spamming. You honestly should never not be spamming abilities in this game for any of the characters. He also has TWO dashes. They gently caress dudes up late game. He is incredibly viable if you know how to play him. If you're dying, then you need to find items that give you survivability.

Also don't skimp on the Engineer. Get the item that puts down healing when you're standing still and you have your two amazing turrets that can now poo poo out healing that your team can stand in. Just learn how to play the game, and don't be a bad who just uses M1 the entire time. I had a game with randos where the last guy alive was MUL-T and he never used any other abilities or his Q/Y until I told him to. He just shot his nail-gun at things until he died. Don't be that guy.

Mercenary can get absolutely hilarious airtime by chaining his abilities together.

That said, Mercenary gets hosed by the Dunecrawler's inhale, and Engineer is frankly just a slog. 25 second CD on turrets that can die to one boss attack is awful.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 30, 2019

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

First Hopoo's post-launch dev blog.

quote:

=== Minor Points ===

• Happy with progression rate for classes - a touch faster than intended but still OK
• Happy with Rainstorm difficulty - haven't seen much of Monsoon content to know. Drizzle is very easy but also fine.
• Pleasantly surprised with people saying performance is good - have to narrow down why it runs poorly on some high-end machines
• Happy with in-run decision making (3D Printers, Mountain Shrine, Order Shrine, etc). Should try to brainstorm more big decision points like this..
• Happy that new teleporter event rules don't seem upsetting to RoR1 players
• Curious about content distribution - are players progressing through unlocks too fast? How long do the more difficult item unlocks take?
• Very happy with secret progressions - players are finding it at the ideal rate
• The HDR sound is causing some strange issues (certain sounds being too quiet, music suddenly getting quiet or loud, etc)
• Noting lots of feedback about 4+ player lobbies. Have to consider best way forward - most likely would be a private game only option with a disclaimer.
• Noting sometimes monsters get stuck behind a closed door on Wetland Aspect
• Noting people like going fast
• Noting a lot of Quickplay Lobbies have an insane time to launch of 4000+ seconds
• Noting people like ruining their build with Shrine of Order or 3D printer
• Noting people want to be able to automatically continue sprinting after rolling
• Noting people don't enjoy getting blasted as soon as they enter a stage

=== Stuff we are working on ===
• Corrupted save file preventing people from playing is very high priority to fix - this is addressed in the patch next week.
• Happy with (mostly) class balance outside of MUL-T being a tad too strong. I think it's worth noting here that we have a stat per attack called it's "proc coefficient", and it essentially defines how strong or frequent procs happen on an on-hit basis. MUL-T's nailgun has a low proc coefficient per nail of 0.4 compared to most character's 1.0, so he isn't proccing stuff a ton faster than other characters.
• Very happy with Discord community aspect, but may need management help as it grows.
• Imp Boss is a bit grindy, same with Worm
• Some concerns about cheaters in Prismatic Trial. Excited for when seed rolls over.
• Hearing loud & clear about Teleporter being hard to see - want to make it still an aspect of the game without it feeling like a mistake. Players are not really noticing the passive particles - will start with a soft approach first.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
jumping is fun

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I got an order shrine that gave me like 17 energy drinks and 9 red whips. As soon as I went out of combat I flew off the map in whichever direction I was sprinting basically.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

Mercenary can get absolutely hilarious airtime by chaining his abilities together.

That said, Mercenary gets hosed by the Dunecrawler's inhale, and Engineer is frankly just a slog. 25 second CD on turrets that can die to one boss attack is awful.

I like the game since everyone has different views on good characters. I hate the merc for his lack of air killing, but love the engineer. Give the engineer mushrooms and his turrets stop going under.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Equate posted:

I like the game since everyone has different views on good characters. I hate the merc for his lack of air killing, but love the engineer. Give the engineer mushrooms and his turrets stop going under.

Not sure what difficulty you're playing on, but on Monsoon they will literally die instantly to a boss' charge attack.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I haven't gotten this yet, but I'm curious: In RoR1 it felt like huntress was a way better option than the rest (at least solo) purely because of her kiting ability. Is there one class that seems more viable than the rest in 2, or have they balanced it better?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

fun fact: if you activate that ocular sight thing that gives you 100% crits for a few seconds on MUL-T, and then start firing your nail gun, you will continue critting until you stop firing

and you never have to stop firing

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hopoo said that was fixed in the next patch, so use that to get the 20 stages cleared challenge before it's gone forever!

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Dackel posted:

Goons. Do the timed chest achievement in stage 3. That is all.

This was very much worth doing. And I'd already had a fuel cell. That run went the distance.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm impressed by the sheer amount of poo poo this game can process and render when you hit the deep end.

I felt very unkillable when I died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Emalde posted:

My only issue with this game currently is that Lunar Coins seem like a hilarious trap. Once you get the various cheevos related to using coins/lunar items, I'd say just to never touch anything related to them besides maybe attempting to big-dick occasionally with the Shard.

As a follow up to this after finally unlocking the rest of the items, there is a lunar item that isn't poo poo:

It's also the worst achievement in the game (drive 20 hermit crabs off of cliffs) but this single lunar item basically redeems the entire currency, so you got me there Hopoo.

Best run: