Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
thoughts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
pita is a type of flat bread

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
i am glad u weighed in on this particular issue, Dead Beef

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ya probabyl

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I thought this was breaking news and now I'm disappointed

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
doubtful but the industry probably spends to amplify the dumber poo poo they say

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Algund Eenboom posted:

yeah same

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Maybe

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

everythign is a psy op if you think about it

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

also psy op stands for psy original poster

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Karl Barks posted:

everythign is a psy op if you think about it

Gangnam style

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bill Maher sits on the board of directors or something

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Oh poo poo it's ture wtf pets bad now Bill Maher has a new rule: no more douches —specifically, the douches wearing Canada Goose jackets made of fur and feathers from 

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I like to call it Lost Wages!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
He made a pretty decent partner for Catniss. :shrug:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Algund Eenboom posted:

better than breaking news....incisive analysis...

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm psyop

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
prove it

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I've thought this for a while

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
i obviously have no evidence for this, but it seems logical given how aggressively stupid and counterproductive their programming is

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

with the sexy cow tits they tweeted recently I'm considering it might also be a furry thing

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i love the idea peta pushes that the meat industry is some massive, cohesive power that's behind everything wrong in the modern food chain, unlike all the other industrial agricultural interests operating within capitalism

peta is a joke and veganism is stupid liberal white guilt manifested in the form of an eating disorder

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
soy op

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

yeah im peta

psyop for the meat industry
e
t
a

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
she did a good job in La Femme Nikita

a show on USANetwork

COINCIDE?SE??

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
ya probs, or just gone off the deep end as one does

doubt they have many unironic followers these days

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Gunshow Poophole posted:

she did a good job in La Femme Nikita

a show on USANetwork

COINCIDE?SE??

what is the show

the original French movie is good

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

idk what's a peta with u??

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

yeah im peta

psyop for the meat industry
e
t
rear end

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

GalacticAcid posted:

what is the show

the original French movie is good

the show is La Femme Nikita

and it's verrrry 90s USANetwork

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
:sax:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol even the vegetable farming industry is destroying the ability to farm by loving up top soil

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

Lol even the vegetable farming industry is destroying the ability to farm by loving up top soil

yes but have you considered how easy it is to get pistachios all over the world now??? huh owned liberal

IamFuckMan
Mar 26, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
When I was a teen I used to think Peta was too extreme and while I still have disagreements about their methodology and techniques I am more or less on board with the "Victory to the ALF" train and if I was the dictator all the ppl being cruel to animals in an industrial fashion would probably receive a bolt to the head a la No Country For Old Men.

<3

IamFuckMan
Mar 26, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
People doing stuff like monkey wrenching industrial sites and pipelines owns too.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The real win for vegans is the dismantling of capitalism.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I don’t take issue with peta’s stated ends to be clear

But their methods are so stupid that I believe they are designed to discredit animal rights

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wheeee posted:

peta is a joke and veganism is stupid liberal white guilt manifested in the form of an eating disorder

well, time to go off on something very specific to me

so, people start animal sanctuaries, right? what's the point? friends, not food? do you prefer animals to people? is the strife of society suffering around you so deafening that you'd rather shut it out and sit around with animals instead? what the gently caress is your problem?

example in point: a Wall Street senior executive-turned-star prodigy of the animal sanctuary world, Goats of Anarchy: https://www.instagram.com/goatsofanarchy/

mind you, I have absolutely zero problem with the practice, but the way people engage with the practice, so it's a little tough to talk about. it seems like a really easy escape for people who don't want to engage with anything at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IamFuckMan
Mar 26, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Do you not prefer animals to people?

What animal has ever done a genocide?

quote:

so, people start animal sanctuaries, right? what's the point? friends, not food? do you prefer animals to people? is the strife of society suffering around you so deafening that you'd rather shut it out and sit around with animals instead? what the gently caress is your problem? 

But realtalk idk where this is coming from. There are abused / sick / injured animals that need help and it seems fuckwit insane to go "nah they should suffer until we've first eliminated all human suffering."

As if attacking the hosed up socioeconomic system causing such animal suffering wouldn't also help people that are victims of the same system or that people can't have different avenues of helping.

And honestly ppl that volunteer at such sanctuaries probably are in general more politically active that anyone itt being a grouch.

Maybe also humans have some responsibility to the animals that other humans have hurt/abused.

IamFuckMan has issued a correction as of 17:52 on Mar 30, 2019