Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
The fans of candidate whose fans are Nazis are fans of Mayor Pete, shocker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Fister posted:

lol look at this guy being wrong

the guy totally not courting the meme war veterans is great you changed my mind

wonder why the yang thread was gassed ...

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

THS posted:

-Naval Intelligence officer in Afghanistan

no thanks

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Yinlock posted:

no thanks

love too do naval intelligence in a landlocked country for only 7 months and be considered a veteran

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

too many jebs

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

THS posted:

love too do naval intelligence in a landlocked country for only 7 months and be considered a veteran

why don’t you step out from behind your keyboard and say it to mayor Pete’s face ; he will be on the View later this week

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

why don’t you step out from behind your keyboard and say it to mayor Pete’s face ; he will be on the View later this week

literally military daycare for ambitious rich people. at least being a drunk and flying jets for the national guard carries the risk of dying from your own incompetence

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THS posted:

literally military daycare for ambitious rich people. at least being a drunk and flying jets for the national guard carries the risk of dying from your own incompetence

He tortured Afghanistanis by threatening to feed them authentic midwest food.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Chicken Master

THS
Sep 15, 2017

etalian posted:

He tortured Afghanistanis by threatening to feed them authentic midwest food.

[huge wet greasy bag of Taco Johns Potato Olés is dropped on the interrogation table]

PB: You will tell me what I want to know. You know arabic right? what’s dari

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THS posted:

[huge wet greasy bag of Taco Johns Potato Olés is dropped on the interrogation table]

PB: You will tell me what I want to know. You know arabic right? what’s dari

Puts a authentic St Louis style pizza in front of the prisoner with that fake Provel processed cheese

etalian has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Mar 30, 2019

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Mayor Pete pulls off a Pakistani man's blindfold to reveal a large plate of spaghetti topped with a heaping serving of Cincinnati Chili.

He picks up a worn copy of Ulysses and begins reading, translating each passage into Urdu effortlessly on the fly.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
buttergreg

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
busted gag

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
He's a bit of an rear end.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
i like pete and would like him to be maybe a senator in indiana or something

kyberkatze
Jan 13, 2004

All this and the power of toast!

Time for an update...

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

yer dumb

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Like Kasich he's campaigning on a please get me out of the midwest platform.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/IBJIYONGI/status/1111977518872051712

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
local man with funny last name brokebrained so what

https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1111762175348146176

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

local man with funny last name brokebrained so what

https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1111762175348146176

Also for the record despite boomers whining about "snowflakes" they made some of the worst most stoned soldiers in US history.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I really need everyone to read the Current Affairs piece in the OP

Mayor Pete is an amoral psychopath

2020 gonna rule

it's a great article. I'd love more details on that hosed up police scandal though.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

agreed, we need more neolib senators referring to labor activists attempting (successfully) to get higher wages for service staff as 'social justice warriors'

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nichael posted:

it's a great article. I'd love more details on that hosed up police scandal though.

He's basically another ivy league Obama-like character.

The whole article made me think of that amazing roast of Obama's white ivy league lanyard army he brought to DC.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Bub!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

left just doesn't quite have the policies that we want to shore up going forward, if only we could learn from the right

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The right has done a better job living up to its values by dropping all of them but bigotry.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

THS posted:

yer dumb

Nice meltdown

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

Nice meltdown

im gay

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/1111443830027382790

https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/1111444535941304320

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

W/r/t the current affairs article it is a well-argued piece but there is a bit of misrepresentation of Pete's time as mayor and his housing initiatives, for example the main pushback for the demolition of vacant houses came from landllords (namely from one councilwoman who happened to be a slumlord) and not from people living in those communities. The author selectively quotes from this article which deserves full reading.

Yang is ruining his credibility by trying desperately to appeal to the 4Chan Nazis

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

THS posted:

im gay

pleasure to meet you mr bootygieg

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Youth Decay posted:

Yang is ruining his credibility by trying desperately to appeal to the 4Chan Nazis
i like how people try to deny this

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

THS posted:

to me any kind of military service is disqualifying but i'm probably an extreme case

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I'll cancel you if you even know what a gun is.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Yinlock posted:

to me any kind of military service is disqualifying but i'm probably an extreme case

lee carter

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

cargo cult posted:

i like how people try to deny this

I don’t think he’s intentionally trying to pander to well-known Democratic voting bloc 8chan NEETs.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like we're probably going to be saved from Beto by Beto's own incompetence, so Buttigieg actually concerns me more since I could see him "competently" going down the "white Obama" route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I’ve seen a surge of support for this guy recently and being very cynical it really doesn’t feel natural.