Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

I’ve seen a surge of support for this guy recently and being very cynical it really doesn’t feel natural.

:agreed:

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like we're probably going to be saved from Beto by Beto's own incompetence, so Buttigieg actually concerns me more since I could see him "competently" going down the "white Obama" route.

Also :agreed:
Buttigieg is a bigger threat because he's competent, while Beto and Biden are not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

a Loving Dog posted:

I’ve seen a surge of support for this guy recently and being very cynical it really doesn’t feel natural.

Part of it is centrists running away from Beto and Biden, part of it is people who want to like Bernie again but have serious concerns about age (and that is a real issue Bernie can't address with a Ronald Reagan quip about opponent's inexperience bcause Reagan went senile in office and the only other president over 70 was demented to begin with) are rallying around someone they think is like Bernie but younger. Like Candidate Obama Buttigieg can be all things to all people. Hopefully when he makes his campaign offically official and he releases a platform things will be clarified one way or the other.

Also part of it is his husband being good at twitter.
https://twitter.com/Chas10Buttigieg/status/1107453830067900423
https://twitter.com/Chas10Buttigieg/status/1108445783748169730

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's incredibly clear that Buttgieg is a fuckin' sociopath grown in a vat that exists solely to lie to people for the benefit of the wealthy.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

destroy him now. i'm sorry about his beautiful husband but we have to destroy Pete. the nation depends on it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah it's incredibly clear that Buttgieg is a fuckin' sociopath grown in a vat that exists solely to lie to people for the benefit of the wealthy.

It's Ossoff like vibes especially how the media is giving him so much attention despite his dismal polling.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

From the capitalism success thread

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This post is too good for it to remain the exclusive property of D&D so I'm sharing it here too:

Major Butt's Book posted:

In April 2001, a student group called the Progressive Student Labor Movement took over the offices of the university’s president, demanding a living wage for Harvard janitors and food workers. That spring, a daily diversion on the way to class was to see which national figure—Cornel West or Ted Kennedy one day, John Kerry or Robert Reich another—had turned up in the Yard to encourage the protesters.

Striding past the protesters and the politicians addressing them, on my way to a “Pizza and Politics” session with a journalist like Matt Bai or a governor like Howard Dean, I did not guess that the students poised to have the greatest near-term impact were not the social justice warriors at the protests […] but a few mostly apolitical geeks who were quietly at work in Kirkland House [Zuckerberg et al.]

The Current Affairs article posted:

I find this short passage very weird. See the way Buttigieg thinks here. He dismisses student labor activists with the right-wing pejorative “social justice warriors.” But more importantly, to this day it hasn’t even entered his mind that he could have joined the PSLM in the fight for a living wage. Activists are an alien species, one he “strides past” to go to “Pizza & Politics” sessions with governors and New York Times journalists. He didn’t consider, and still hasn’t considered, the moral quandary that should come with being a student at an elite school that doesn’t pay its janitors a living wage. (In fact, years later Harvard was still refusing to pay its workers decently.)

Love to use the language of the far right to describe people peacefully advocating for fairer wages for janitors and food workers.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Also his admiration for how Israelis keep the trains running on time and awesome crime free streets shows he has authoritarian tendencies.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Also also, Zucc wasn't even at Harvard yet so he made up a dumb pointless lie that is easily verifiable just to make the "sjws" look even more worthless

quote:

The following semester, in January 2004, Zuckerberg began writing code for a new Web site.[27] On February 4, 2004, Zuckerberg launched "Thefacebook", originally located at thefacebook.com.[28]

:argh: How dare you peacefully protest for fair wages, don't you fucks realize that Zucc is inventing Facebook AS WE SPEAK? Learn your place, plebs!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pete is basically a classic of bad dem identity, look at this gay midwest guy in a position of power how progressive!

Just overlook his ivy league life of privilege or his admiration for things like Israeli apartheid regime.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/CurtMills/status/1112432979727527936

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
November 3, 2020: Buttigiegment Day

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1112509152688001030

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
beavis is buttigieg's son

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

Youth Decay posted:

W/r/t the current affairs article it is a well-argued piece but there is a bit of misrepresentation of Pete's time as mayor and his housing initiatives, for example the main pushback for the demolition of vacant houses came from landllords (namely from one councilwoman who happened to be a slumlord) and not from people living in those communities. The author selectively quotes from this article which deserves full reading.

I've heard bad things about his trash pick up changes though.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Stick a fork in him he's done.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love mother. I will protect mother. I must get piping hot dinner for mother. it must be piping hot.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Buttman, his knee bent

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/consensualhex/status/1110383428527161345

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

I love mother. I will protect mother. I must get piping hot dinner for mother. it must be piping hot.

he had to genuflect because the hornets were swarming angry about
https://twitter.com/wpmagazine/status/1089594387603079175

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

while my enthusiasm for butt has gone down in recent days, this is basically going to be a viable criticism of any young successful politician

"fuckers started doing things when they were even younger! can't trust anyone who does that!"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

November 3, 2020: Buttigiegment Day

this deserves more appreciation because it demonstrates an awareness of pronunciation

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
how do u say his name anyway

teacher_man
Feb 11, 2017

Damo posted:

how do u say his name anyway

https://twitter.com/WesternMA4Pete/status/1112084631397023745

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
big ups to the military-style typography

he's a vet, you know

in case you haven't noticed

he did tours in iraq by the way

if you didn't know that

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
he's covered wars ya know

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

ah

gonna keep calling him butt geeg in my brain but thanks

teacher_man
Feb 11, 2017

Lastgirl posted:

big ups to the military-style typography

he's a vet, you know

in case you haven't noticed

he did tours in iraq by the way

if you didn't know that

hell yes can't wait to vote for a troop

square jawed men of courage leading us with strength and resolve that can only be forged in the fires of just battle

TROOPS! TROOPS! TROOPS! TROOPS!

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Damo posted:

ah

i prefer booty judge

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

boot edge edge licker

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

while my enthusiasm for butt has gone down in recent days, this is basically going to be a viable criticism of any young successful politician

"fuckers started doing things when they were even younger! can't trust anyone who does that!"

...not really? Like, AOC is even younger and doesn't have a history of spending her entire life moving from one resume-building item to the next.

We should absolutely be deeply skeptical of anyone who has followed "traditional" paths towards political power, since we know that the outcome of that sort of life experience tends to be negative.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

boot edge edge licker

can't lick our boot!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
He’s the Booty judge

#ButtBuddies

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1112648652781170694

Of course, the most obvious questions are how many donors and what's the average donation?

Also lmao at bragging about having a Q1 total only a million dollars higher than Bernie's day one total

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Damo posted:

ah

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Congrats to Mayor Pete on the money

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I hate this guy so much I can’t even articulate it in words . loving piece of poo poo Muslim murderer acts like he’s so tolerant because he could be an extra on modern family he’s special . ughhhh

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Congrats to Mayor Pete on the money

I picture this playing in all of these non-bernie campaign offices all the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMuYfScGpbE

e: vvv :bisonyes:

WampaLord has issued a correction as of 18:52 on Apr 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS