Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Moonspotted is such a lovely descriptor. What a beautiful girl! That first boy, though...dang.

I like how the little baby horn buds look like cinnamon rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

How does reserving a kid work? 'i want the best doe from X's litter?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
That first boy won at life immediately after birth, definitely needs to be named Lucky

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Clearly the last Buckling needs to be named Spot or Toner. :colbert:

Celestriad
Dec 2, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

How does reserving a kid work? 'i want the best doe from X's litter?

So here's how reserving works. You go on my website and find a pairing you like, then you email/chat me and go, "Hey Celestriad, here's $100, I want a doeling from the pairing of X and Y."
I go, "Sure, you're the first person to reserve a doeling from that pairing." Then when the kids are born, if there is more than one doeling, I go, "Here's pictures of the doelings--who do you want?"
Or I go, "You're second choice doeling - do you want to choose a backup just in case?" Then when the kids are born, if there is more than one doeling, I talk to first choice person first and then tell you, "Here is your assigned doeling."
If there are no doelings born from that pairing, I go, "Bummer - do you want a doeling from another pairing? Here's who's available." You can say sure, or you can ask for your $100 reservation fee back.

Timely discussion, because I reserved a buckling from a major breeder and I picked him up on Sunday.

His dam is a first freshener so we don't have any pictures on her or a track record for her. I still felt really comfortable getting him, because of HER parents. Both her dam and her sire scored a 92 on their judging appraisals, when the highest any Nubian has ever scored is a 93. It is super rare for a buck to get that score, and so he is designated an Elite Buck. There are usually only 5 of those designated a year, in the whole country. And her dam is the twin sister to the 2021 National Reserve Grand Champion.

His sire is the same buck who sired the 2022 National Junior Grand Champion, making her his half-sister. That buck is also the son of a Top 10 millker, and his grandsires are 2 of the best-known bucks in the breed. So uh, he has a crapload of milk and show potential.

Goat kids are hell on wheels and get into trouble constantly. Just like my little Maya, my new kiddo managed to get his leg caught and sprained it. His breeder asked as a professional courtesy if I wanted to substitute another buck, or if I wanted to wait until he was healed to pick him up. But because I literally just went through this with Maya, I told her it was just fine. So we drove 2.5 hours to pick him up, and when I got there she handed me this absolutely gorgeous little guy.

Meet J&M Hideaway Rogue Wave! (Sorry for the frame and Imgur tag, I had more trouble with this drat picture.)

You can tell from the pose he knows he's a show goat. The pose is also due to his poor sprained leg, but he is a Major Diva. Rogue is also super snuggly. If you sit, you will have a Rogue in your lap. Period. Good luck getting him off of said lap.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I used to work for Rogue Wave. It was a good company full of good people. I hope your buck will be more enduringly successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Celestriad posted:

You can tell from the pose he knows he's a show goat. The pose is also due to his poor sprained leg, but he is a Major Diva. Rogue is also super snuggly. If you sit, you will have a Rogue in your lap. Period. Good luck getting him off of said lap.

What a beauty! I love Nubian ears. They're just so... dramatic.