Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Poor Weebles. Animal husbandry is messy business. I hope you'll have a relatively smooth ride this season.

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Mina's mom had another litter over the winter and the breeder sent me these pics of all her fat baby siblings cuddled up with goats :3:

Augh my heart! Is Mina excited to see the lambs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Gross lambing story

This isn't the happiest subject, but I'm wildly curious. Is it common for people to not seek help soon after it's obvious that something has gone haywire with their animal's birthing process? The case you described seems like certain doom for both mother and baby.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
I looked up how much a sheep costs. It's a lot cheaper than I expected, even for nicer quality sheep. :stare: If livestock vets are anywhere as expensive as pet vets, I can see why people are reluctant to shell out. Still, like you said, they should be ready to euthanize animals that are far over their budget to save.

On a happier note, how is Mina doing? Is she any more graceful around the lambs this year, or is her Big Puppy Energy still too strong?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Oof, that's rough. You took the responsible and humane actions for her in that context and sometimes that's all you can do.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Mina is no longer The Big Puppy in your household! Oh no!

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Sounds like Mina was working overtime to comfort Jazz. Good dog.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

He sucked down a bottle on his own and is standing a bit so it's looking good so far! He's got no body fat but that should improve quickly. He's going to hang out in my nice warm bathroom until he's better and there are other lambs around.

Good gracious! I'm not a sheep expert, but their wool does disguise their true body condition. I don't think I've ever seen one so visibly lean.

I hope the little guy pulls through.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
I was wondering how the lambs were doing. Dear god, this one is adorable.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Next, the boys were so good at the photo studio! The photographer said they were better than a lot of dogs he's worked with. He was so excited to meet them :3:

I've always wondered how getting professional studio shots of animals goes. Looks like this set was easier than I would have guessed. I'm looks so handsome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
They're so big now! Lambs grow up in a flash, don't they?