Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many wings would you like?
This poll is closed.
4 wings 8 2.13%
5 wings 13 3.47%
8 wings 62 16.53%
10 wings 53 14.13%
12 wings 75 20.00%
16 wings 25 6.67%
20 wings 33 8.80%
25 wings 15 4.00%
50 wings 23 6.13%
Goku Wings 68 18.13%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

WatermelonGun posted:

aboooout ten minutes with a batch that size?

thanks for doing the math for me lemme know how they turn out

Fat never rose for me, I guess that's a big batch thing.

This recipe is amazing. Complex, sharp, a nice slow burn. Thank you for smuggling this recipe out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good_Vs_Evil
Sep 12, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

I converted this to a small batch and am going to try it tonight, thanks! About how long does it take after the heat is off to get fat on top?

Here's the conversion if anyone else wants to try:
½ Cups Butter
7 Tablespoons, 1 Teaspoons Franks Red Hot (slightly less than 1/2 cup)
4 Teaspoons Sriracha
1 Teaspoons Sugar
4 Teaspoons Chopped Garlic
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
4 Teaspoons Cayenne
1 Teaspoons Worcestershire
1.25 Teaspoons Garlic Salt
4 Teaspoons Sour Cream

About how many wings would this do?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Fat never rose for me, I guess that's a big batch thing.

This recipe is amazing. Complex, sharp, a nice slow burn. Thank you for smuggling this recipe out.

oh that’s cool to know. i usually make a pretty big batch and give bottles out to my friends, also i usually make an absolute poo poo ton of wings to go with it like i will this sunday as i force all my friends to watch all ten hours of wrestlemania with me.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL5fi45edoc

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the baking powder method for oven wings makes the very very best wings. then mix together an assortment of hot sauces (my last mix had 9 kinds!!) and butter and a bit of garlic powder. I eat 20 easy, could probably do 40 if I set my mind to it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've posted it before but you just put some baking powder on wings, cook for 30 mins at 250 then crank to 450 for an hour. it's the crispiest most deliciously fat rendered wings you can get. fried sucks dick compared to these oven wings.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Walrus posted:

I've posted it before but you just put some baking powder on wings, cook for 30 mins at 250 then crank to 450 for an hour. it's the crispiest most deliciously fat rendered wings you can get. fried sucks dick compared to these oven wings.

I do them at 425 for an hour and turning them every 20 minutes. Also cook them on a rack. They aren't frozen though.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 5, 2019

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I do them at 425 for an hour and turning them every 20 minutes. Also cook them on a rack. They aren't frozen though.

no, for real, both the baking powder and the 30 mins at low temp are critical for making them as crispy but also juicy as possible. You don't need to gently caress with turning them, just loosen them once when you turn up the temperature. a rack is also essential though that's a good call.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Dry rub and grill is where it's at.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Instant pot for 15, then broiled in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes each side. You'll have lollipop drumsticks cooked to perfection in under an hour

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

if your sauce recipe doesn't have vinegar your sauce is trash

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Some great cooking tips in here. I'll try the baking powder method soon

My recipe conversion made about 2 cups, so probably 20 wings could get tossed and coated

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

WatermelonGun posted:

i worked at a pizza place for couple years and our pizza was rear end BUT our wing sauce was delicious and i’m very happy i stoke that recipe when i quit so i never have to go to that place ever again. and now, I shall share with the recipe with you, chicken goons, because i still hate the owner and love you;

(this recipe is for a restaurant sized batch. scale it down yourself or just chug it idgaf)

24 cups butter
22 cups Frank’s Red Hot, not blended up hotdogs you loving stoner
4 cups sriracha
1 cup sugar
4 cups chopped garlic (i like it like I prefer my lovers; chunky)
6 cups ketchup
4 cups cayenne
1 cup Worcestershire
1 1/4 cup garlic salt
4 cups sour cream (to be added at the end)

1. Whisk it all together in the pot (not the sour cream pay attention)
2. Cook on medium, stirring every now and then.
3. Take it off the heat, let it cool until there’s fat to skim then skim it
4. Dump the cream in and emulsify that poo poo. Blend it in batches or use an immersion blender or whisk like a lunatic
5. Let it cool

Making this tonight but my IDIOT wife forgot the sour cream so we'll probably just use a little plain yogurt

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Put the thawed wings into a blender with your sauce of choice and emulsify.

Spread onto silicone baking mat and place into 300 degree oven for about 2 hours.

You should end up with a congealed wing bar, with the sugars in your sauce keeping it JUST malleable enough. Like a chewy chicken granola bar!

Use your Christmas cookie cutters for fun shapes you and all the guys will love to gum come prime time

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

Spread onto silicone baking mat and place into 300 degree oven for about 2 hours.

You should end up with a congealed wing bar, with the sugars in your sauce keeping it JUST malleable enough. Like a chewy chicken granola bar!

Use your Christmas cookie cutters for fun shapes you and all the guys will love to gum come prime time

what

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Korean fried chicken wings are the absolute best hands down, to the point where I don’t understand why any other wings even get purchased any more.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Snowy posted:

Korean fried chicken wings are the absolute best hands down, to the point where I don’t understand why any other wings even get purchased any more.

What's the difference?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok if we’re swapping intel what’s your preferred brand of Bleu Cheese for dipping? Any family recipes?

Don’t @ me with Ranch, that poo poo tastes like milk farted

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Bleu Cheese

On an unrelated note-- there's a vinaigrette bleu cheese that I think is strangely good.

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
When I lived by a bar that had a 5 cent wing night and cheap pitchers ... 50 at once.

The wing game became too expensive for my tastes, so now I only hit up 10/12

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pr0p posted:

When I lived by a bar that had a 5 cent wing night and cheap pitchers ... 50 at once.

The wing game became too expensive for my tastes, so now I only hit up 10/12

What the gently caress. I would never leave

Grudgerm
May 4, 2012

by Reene
I would eat 3. I don’t have a high appetite when it comes to wings.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Grudgerm posted:

I would eat 3. I don’t have a high appetite when it comes to wings.

you have to eat 4 there is a poll

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wonder if they eat emu wings in Australia. I'd have a couple of those hot.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Colonel Cancer posted:

Wonder if they eat emu wings in Australia. I'd have a couple of those hot.

serve with tiny snake legs fries and call it the vestigialator

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I wonder what Dodo wings would have tasted like.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
About 12 normal sized wings.

There is a new local chicken place that opened up and you order a dozen wings, they give you the entire fuckin' wing. It's like 3 lbs of food for $10. They crisp it up so loving good. And throw a slice of bread on top. I dunno why, but its good poo poo. I can maybe eat 6. Maybe.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Big Beef City posted:

of course it is this loving guy posting this jesus

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

if your sauce recipe doesn't have vinegar your sauce is trash

Frank's is basically just spiced vinegar duder

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Philthy posted:

There is a new local chicken place that opened up and you order a dozen wings, they give you the entire fuckin' wing. It's like 3 lbs of food for $10. They crisp it up so loving good. And throw a slice of bread on top. I dunno why, but its good poo poo. I can maybe eat 6. Maybe.

I was in Memphis and ordered a dozen wings thinking they’d be fried 1/2 wings and they were smoked whole wings. I should have known better because it was a barbecue place not a wing place.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Making a double batch of the cut down from restaurant batch sauce and skimmed this fat off

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
you cooked it for too long with the butter in it so it separated, stir in the butter at the end

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Philthy posted:

There's a pho place by me that serves the entire wing, and they're delightfully crispy; no sauce on them, but they come with lime wedges and a little cup of spices that you sprinkle on them. They're different, but it's a good flavor.

The slice of bread is probably in there to soak up the steam coming off the hot chicken so the wings don't get soggy.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Walrus posted:

you cooked it for too long with the butter in it so it separated, stir in the butter at the end

The recipe says you’re supposed to skim it off you fascist.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This was delicious and quite spicy thank you WatermelonDong

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

I am a traditional wing person most of the time but this place near work does lemon pepper wings that seriously taste like heaven. No dipping sauce required just juicy wings. Oh and usually a dozen.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I understand that if any more words come pouring out your oval office mouth, I’m going to have to eat every loving chicken wing in this room.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Wings are best without sauce, but if you really want to drench them in some sweet goop, Korean style is the way to go. They usually stay crispy and fragrant while American wings get soggy pretty quick. I don’t understand the finer points of difference but Korean wings have just been vastly superior every time I had them.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Vegetable posted:

Wings are best without sauce, but if you really want to drench them in some sweet goop, Korean style is the way to go. They usually stay crispy and fragrant while American wings get soggy pretty quick. I don’t understand the finer points of difference but Korean wings have just been vastly superior every time I had them.

lol say more stupid poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

lol say more stupid poo poo

It's OK to admit you prefer literal dog poo poo.