Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hank's general pushing for a positive workspace, and treating his illegal and deadly operation as just any other regular 9-5 job is probably my favourite thing.

I'm just waiting to see a 'hang in there' poster on his wall, and a coffee mug that says something like 'Mondays, am I right?' on his desk or something.

Yeah Hank is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Hank is so good

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Am I the only one that didn’t know it was “NoHo” Hank as in “North Houston” Hank until the TV dream spelled it out. I thought it was a Chechen name or something weird like N˙śhoē.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
It's North Hollywood Henry

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah, Los Angelinos call the North Hollywood area NoHo because they desperately want to emulate New York and their SoHo neighborhood.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
SoDoSoPa

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

clown shoes posted:

It's North Hollywood Henry

And he is very smart guy!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

precision posted:

And he is very smart guy!

Mmmm, 50/50 with Cristobal...

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

ruddiger posted:

Yeah, Los Angelinos call the North Hollywood area NoHo because they desperately want to emulate New York and their SoHo neighborhood.

Or maybe we are lazy and North Hollywood is too long to say

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

vaginadeathgrip posted:

Or maybe we are lazy and North Hollywood is too long to say

This is a complete derail, but is your av Bianca Del Rio?

Because if so, :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hate having to wait a week to watch this show now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Haha holy poo poo those last 10 seconds

What?!

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

This sums up alot of the episode.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 22, 2019

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is a complete derail, but is your av Bianca Del Rio?

Because if so, :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Absolutely!

Well I can’t believe this season is half over already because I just realized it’s only 8 episodes long.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Fuuuuuck, the lead up was so good, and those last few seconds....

This show is fantastic.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Wow, that really surprised me.

Barry so good. I'm pessimistic about high concept shows like this and their lifespans; but I'm really enjoying it while it lasts.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Gene having a heartfelt talk with Barry and then turning around and billing him for it was just so quintessentially Gene.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's cool that a TV show is depicting the American military as an institution that perpetrates murders and is willing to protect the murderer

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

xbilkis posted:

It's cool that a TV show is depicting the American military as an institution that perpetrates murders and is willing to protect the murderer

Yeah, holy poo poo. That scene was powerful. It changes things.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I love this show. I don't know why I doubted it last week, it always takes me in directions I didn't expect. NoHo Hank walking out in that sun hat and that outfit. Holy poo poo.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

I noticed Esther's hand was totally healed by the time she showed up at the stash house in Episode 3. Either more time had passed than I realized, or she knows a really good cosmetic surgeon.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Selachian posted:

Gene having a heartfelt talk with Barry and then turning around and billing him for it was just so quintessentially Gene.

"C'mon Barry, we're both Alpha Males."

I want to mock Gene for that line, but if you think about it, he's sort of right. Dude goes for what he wants.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

xbilkis posted:

I'm a little less willing to call Barry a murderer for what happened. He was in the middle of an active firefight, saw a door moving from a direction that bullets had come from, and went in and shot the guy inside. Obviously he was losing his poo poo and should have handled it differently, but man. I don't know that I would have been any more clear-headed than he was in that situation. Certainly it would make him (and me!) feel like a murderer, but I don't see that scene as the military protecting a murderer so much as showing how Barry (or anyone else) could snap in the middle of an impossible and stressful situation. They did ship him off to a military hospital afterwards, and I don't know that justice would have been served by charging him with murder.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Something was going to happen if fuques hadn't gotten him off the hook.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I really like how they did the title card in last night's episode.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Something was going to happen if fuques hadn't gotten him off the hook.

Dishonorable discharge? Unless a mental institution was in the cards.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I had to pause the ep around him talking to Gene about Korengal and only just now finished it. "What?!" indeed.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Phenotype posted:

I'm a little less willing to call Barry a murderer for what happened. He was in the middle of an active firefight, saw a door moving from a direction that bullets had come from, and went in and shot the guy inside. Obviously he was losing his poo poo and should have handled it differently, but man. I don't know that I would have been any more clear-headed than he was in that situation. Certainly it would make him (and me!) feel like a murderer, but I don't see that scene as the military protecting a murderer so much as showing how Barry (or anyone else) could snap in the middle of an impossible and stressful situation. They did ship him off to a military hospital afterwards, and I don't know that justice would have been served by charging him with murder.

He committed murder. He is a murderer. Also just generally since he was a loving hitman.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Phenotype posted:

I think you'd largely feel like a murderer because you deliberately barged into a home and emptied a handgun into an unarmed civilian with his hands raised. 'Should have handled it differently', gently caress me.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Obviously he was blamed to harshly by the overbearing military oversight, which forces him into this dreadful life of a murderer. He's a victim of big government.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

xbilkis posted:

I feel a bad derail coming on but I have many friends who served multiple tours in the middle east and I myself was in the military for 3 years (long ago) and let's just say nothing in the show has been unrealistic.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I love this show. I don't know why I doubted it last week, it always takes me in directions I didn't expect. NoHo Hank walking out in that sun hat and that outfit. Holy poo poo.

And of course the unnecessary translator is still hanging around.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Phenotype posted:

His own squadmate doesn't outright call him a murderer, but comes pretty goddamn close. "loving psycho" is pretty on par.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
lmao the end of last episode

this show owns

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the 'hes gonna shoot him' fake out was easy to see coming and the cop acting like he was struggling with his plan being complete and having to pull the trigger was a bit forced. I just didnt expect that he was gonna want the wifes side piece murdered.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST posted:

I think you'd largely feel like a murderer because you deliberately barged into a home and emptied a handgun into an unarmed civilian with his hands raised. 'Should have handled it differently', gently caress me.

I'm not sure which war he's in right then, but if there's bullets flying at him and there's been a lot of guerilla attacks hiding in the civilian population, and he's sure the bullet that hit his mate came from the direction of the door that's swinging open, and maybe the guy just threw his gun under the couch to play innocent... I don't know, it's a hosed up matrix of difficult decisions under extreme pressure that we never should have gotten ourselves into in the first place. I have a hard time blaming someone in that situation for snapping like Barry did. I don't think he should have just gone free, but I would have a hard time charging him with actual murder for what we saw, and I would tend to look at more psychiatric options for dealing with him.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He killed an innocent civilian dude

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
the show goes out of the way to frame it as monstrous, from the actual reenactment to his trauma over it to his squads reaction to it to gene and fuches reactions to it.

you dont need to delve deep to try and find a way to absolve him, the show is saying in every way possible what he did was bad and it happening in real life is also bad.

this aint hard

as for the episode "WHAT?!" i thought barry was gonna have to kill him when he said he turned the recording equipment off

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerkface posted:

as for the episode "WHAT?!" i thought barry was gonna have to kill him when he said he turned the recording equipment off

I thought Fuchs was going to shoot him and they would have to go on the lam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jerkface posted:

the show goes out of the way to frame it as monstrous, from the actual reenactment to his trauma over it to his squads reaction to it to gene and fuches reactions to it.

you dont need to delve deep to try and find a way to absolve him, the show is saying in every way possible what he did was bad and it happening in real life is also bad.

you can grok Barry's thought process in the moment, understand that it was a legitimate fuckup caused by his combat instincts and not him deliberately murdering an innocent person, and... still think that it was a bad thing for him to do

these are not incompatible thoughts

there's a weird SA meme that being able to understand the thought process of something or apply nuance to it = that thing being right, and it needs to gently caress off yesterday