Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I binged through this entire show today and it's amazing. This and Veep on the same night is going to give me stomach aches from laughing so much. I really hope Hank doesn't get killed this season, but it's feeling like they're working towards that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He gonna hit Sam. Gonna hit Sam in the face.

edit:
And Sam is probably gonna straight up say Sally never told him off and ruin her world view.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That would be a huge swerve, but after seeing him shoot his buddy in the face last season I can honestly say I have no idea which way they are going to take this.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hate having to wait a week to watch this show now.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerkface posted:

as for the episode "WHAT?!" i thought barry was gonna have to kill him when he said he turned the recording equipment off

I thought Fuchs was going to shoot him and they would have to go on the lam.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It really did feel out of place. Still laughed my rear end off at the episode though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

marshalljim posted:

This Patriot show is really good. Thanks for the recommendation, fellow Barry fans.

I've thought about starting that so many times and just never have. Is it as funny as Barry or is it more drama?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe it will all be a dream Barry had while trying to figure out a way to not kill Ronny (his name was Ronny right?).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought for sure it was another fantasy he was having before he killed Moss. Oh! Oh! Maybe it all is and he's in jail for killing his buddy!

Oh! Or maybe that part was a dream too! I just really want part of it to be a dream I guess...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Killing his buddy was really bad too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Exodor posted:

Uh oh

In the final episode of the second season, Barry kills a character he’s grown close to, breaking down a door and shooting him. Hader told me that he’d suggested to the actor, “Why don’t you do one where you smile at seeing me: ‘Here’s Barry, your friend!’ And then I shoot you dead!” He mimed a surprised grin, followed by a shot piercing his temple and blood gushing out. “And that was the take we all loved.” Afterward, he added, the actor “told me, ‘That’s kind of hosed up.’ And I was, like, ‘But your character would smile. And Barry would shoot him.’ ”

That's gotta be NoHo Hank, right? Or Fuches. It better be Fuches..

Hint: It's gonna be the only person that smiles in the entire show. Poor North Hollywood Henry...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Best Italian sub sandwich in Chicago.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One of the neater things I liked about visiting LA was seeing little places I recognized from movies/tv just randomly as we were hanging around. Like when we walked into The Smokehouse and I was like "Hey! This is was in Argo!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've been looking forward to this way more each week than GoT. And I've been a fan of that stupid poo poo show since like 2000.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I also like how Sally is trying her hardest to be genuine and expose her actual self and Barry is going out of his way to hide his, and it just keeps working for him but making it harder for her.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I love how well written this show is. They build up the choke timing a couple episodes ago. Tease about it right before the scene. And then throw it completely out with a totally different kind of gut punch.

Going from Game of Thrones to this is almost unfair.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

zer0spunk posted:

legit best show of 2019

ronnie/lilly going full cohen brothers, amazing btw. this show has always had some surrealist vibes to it, i say embrace it y'all. i mean, watch all of hiro's eps!

i'll watch every season of this they do if HBO keeps renewing it.

You say that now, but come season 8 Sally will be a trained assassin, Barry will be Mexican soap opera star, and Fuchs will be married to Paul Rudd and running a holistic dog training/grooming business. NoHo Hank's soul will be trapped in an amulet and only Barry can hear him.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

th3t00t posted:

Goran was in True Detective and Boardwalk Empire. I actually predicted he was the bad guy in the True Detective thread because of his role in Boardwalk and thought he was too big an actor to be cast just for that little lawnmowing scene at the abandoned school.

That was an amazing prediction by the way. I didn't post in the True Detective threads because it was literally the only show I've cared about spoilers for, but reading through it after I gasped at your post.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Did you get thrown out of the thread during the live watch? I don't remember that, but I did get jumped on a few times while it was happening for not being in love with the Dougie stuff. That was a fun watch thread though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The filler in season three of TP was worse than the filler in season 2. I'm glad it got made, but I don't think I'm gonna rewatch the whole series anytime soon but usually once every year or two I will rewatch the first season.