Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

It's April. Nobody has made a new chat thread. So I made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

you fool

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You bastard. I killed the last one!!!!!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The real fools are the friends we made along the way

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Had a sore throat yesterday, was worse this morning.

I've been sick more frequently in the last 3 and a half months than the four years before that.

gently caress retail.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

All of my April Fools attempts have failed so far :(

[e] just got my brother HA! :v:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 1, 2019

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Fermented Tinal posted:

I've been sick more frequently in the last 3 and a half months than the four years before that.

gently caress retail.

Dang weather keeps flip-flopping back and forth here (Dallas) and loving with sinuses/allergies. Just enough to feel blah, but not actually sick.
Hate hate hate sinus drainage, the inability to swallow, and the raw
throat that comes with it. Blargh.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Fermented Tinal posted:

gently caress retail.

I started getting sick over the weekend but I'm actually surprised it took this long as I moved halfway across the country and started a new job about a month ago.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Darchangel posted:

Dang weather keeps flip-flopping back and forth here (Dallas) and loving with sinuses/allergies. Just enough to feel blah, but not actually sick.
Hate hate hate sinus drainage, the inability to swallow, and the raw
throat that comes with it. Blargh.

You and me both, it's bullshit.

First oil change scheduled after this tank. My lil baby is all grown up.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

All of my April Fools attempts have failed so far :(

In response to your post in the last thread about cutting cable, I went internet only and bought a leaf antenna. It worked great for the super bowl, and I haven't used it since so I gave it away. My friends didn't use it so they gave it back and now it's in a storage bin. I'll dig it out if I want to watch broadcast again.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

cable chat: In 1998 I moved out on my own and got my first apartment. I could afford either internet or television, so I went with internet. Around 2001 I moved and subsequently went with a different provider, they had the 1-year internet/tv special thing so I had tv again, but then realized how much I didn't actually miss it since I watched maybe 3-5 things the whole year, then canceled after the free period was over. Slowly over the years, I've been joining other services though like Netflix/Hulu/Prime/Spotify and we now live in a world that if you want to watch it, there's no reason for cable anyway, it's just a natural progression of services unless you live in a rural area that internet is a secondary thought.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Looks like I'm definitely going to cut the cord, but my only internet providers are Spectrum and Frontier....Which is the lesser of two evils?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

LloydDobler posted:

In response to your post in the last thread about cutting cable, I went internet only and bought a leaf antenna. It worked great for the super bowl, and I haven't used it since so I gave it away. My friends didn't use it so they gave it back and now it's in a storage bin. I'll dig it out if I want to watch broadcast again.

I killed cable some years ago. We've got Netflix and Amazon Prime, and I bought some flat wall-mount antennas that work well in our signal-rich area. Don't miss a thing.

keykey posted:

cable chat: In 1998 I moved out on my own and got my first apartment. I could afford either internet or television, so I went with internet. Around 2001 I moved and subsequently went with a different provider, they had the 1-year internet/tv special thing so I had tv again, but then realized how much I didn't actually miss it since I watched maybe 3-5 things the whole year, then canceled after the free period was over. Slowly over the years, I've been joining other services though like Netflix/Hulu/Prime/Spotify and we now live in a world that if you want to watch it, there's no reason for cable anyway, it's just a natural progression of services unless you live in a rural area that internet is a secondary thought.

Sadly, the costs and annoyance of cable is creeping in again, as every content-producer seems to have decided that they need their own service. $10/month is fine. 2 x $10/month is tolerable. But now we have, what? Netflix, HULU, Prime, CBS All Access, Disney, DC Universe (I'm surprised Marvel doesn't have its own... oh, right. Disney) and several movie services (most of which can be combined with Movies Anywhere, thankfully.)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Looks like I'm definitely going to cut the cord, but my only internet providers are Spectrum and Frontier....Which is the lesser of two evils?

Spectrum, unless Frontier has elevated themselves above their previous poo poo-tier customer service.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Taxes done. We owed, even with the house credit poo poo. gently caress Trump etc etc.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Try having a birthday on April Fools.

Re ISP chat, I have Spectrum (for now at least, they're getting kicked out of NYS for being terrible) and while yes, they're terrible we get pretty close to advertised speeds most of the time. They're also the only game in town, so woo for that.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Darchangel posted:

I killed cable some years ago. We've got Netflix and Amazon Prime, and I bought some flat wall-mount antennas that work well in our signal-rich area. Don't miss a thing.

Sadly, the costs and annoyance of cable is creeping in again, as every content-producer seems to have decided that they need their own service. $10/month is fine. 2 x $10/month is tolerable. But now we have, what? Netflix, HULU, Prime, CBS All Access, Disney, DC Universe (I'm surprised Marvel doesn't have its own... oh, right. Disney) and several movie services (most of which can be combined with Movies Anywhere, thankfully.)

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss... I hear ya, the ones I subscribe to legit are netflix and spotify, hulu is just a nice side effect of a spotify subscription and prime video is a nice side effect of the amazon store. I only use prime maybe once a month, mostly due to its absolutely horrendous design UI choices. That said, I get the horrendous layout decision so people can look for a movie/show to watch and Amazon can sell them more rentals since selection is limited yet expanding. However, I'd absolutely love to see a Prime Video ie free content with paid Prime subscription that is separate from the Amazon rental store side. It just pisses me off going to prime video, looking for something, clicking on it, then see "rent for $3.99!!!" goddamnit, I came here for prime content, not rental content...

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks08lflo0Iw

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

If those are your choices then Spectrum 100%, but they are lying thieves just like the rest of them. Just better internet and service than Frontier (weirdly those are our two choices here).

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I want to be his kid.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

everdave posted:

If those are your choices then Spectrum 100%, but they are lying thieves just like the rest of them. Just better internet and service than Frontier (weirdly those are our two choices here).

After doing the ATT/Comcast/rural WISP shuffle, I'm super happy with Spectrum. Started back on at 60mbit 4 years ago, 2 years ago updated to 100mbit for the same price, then bumped to 250mbit for $5 more all with unlimited bandwidth. ATT had a 150GB cap before having to throw money at them, Comcast was 250GB, WISP contract was signed as unlimited, but they also had a writer at the end like every other provider that said they can modify anytime without any notifications so they imposed a 100GB bandwidth cap, which $70 for 10mbit/1mbit to begin is what made me cancel service.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
:blush:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

What are you paying per month? I need to get an idea so they aren't ripping me off. I'm sure after cutting cable they are gonna want to gently caress me with internet payments if they can. I have Spectrum now with the package, cutting cable and phone, I'm sure they are gonna bag and plead for me not to do it and quote me a lovely price for just internet and be like "see? it's just better to have the package".

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
So what the hell happened to 14 inch.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
He molested someone, at the very least.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Preoptopus posted:

So what the hell happened to 14 inch.

Rapist

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

What are you paying per month? I need to get an idea so they aren't ripping me off. I'm sure after cutting cable they are gonna want to gently caress me with internet payments if they can. I have Spectrum now with the package, cutting cable and phone, I'm sure they are gonna bag and plead for me not to do it and quote me a lovely price for just internet and be like "see? it's just better to have the package".

Well right now I am getting ripped off and I am paying about $70, but you should definitely at least for the first year get internet for around $40, $50 max. Also look into their business internet if they would install that at your house supposedly that never goes up in price.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

I am way out of the loop on this. What happened?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Do you know this for a fact? Was he actually charged with rape?

I was wondering if the cops were ever going to get involved

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Let's not go there. The mods got more than enough info to confirm his actions.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What do the mods have to do with it.....I'm wondering if he's ever gonna be held accountable for his actions because he should be.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Do you know this for a fact? Was he actually charged with rape?

I was wondering if the cops were ever going to get involved

We are not a party in it. It needs to just be let go.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Re: cord cutting, I've had nothing bad to say about Spectrum since they took over for TWC here in Ohio. They over doubled my down speed (went from 40 to 100 down) and reduced my monthly bill from $85 to $60/month. Plus service disruptions are fewer and when I need service they're much faster to get a tech out to me.

For services we use Netflix (4k with multiple screens, $17/month), no-ad Hulu w/HBO add-on (same price/features as HBO Now but with a better UI - $29/month), Prime video ($13/month, although that's not just for video) with any remaining gaps filled by my parents' Directv credentials and the occasional :filez: for obscure/random stuff not available via streaming services.

Granted we pay about as much as a mid-tier cable or satellite package, but it's not 40% commercials like broadcast TV and we decide the schedule.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 1, 2019

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

So just over a week ago my wifes aunt unexpectedly passed away. 79 years old, but was very active and healthy so quite surprised... espescially considering another aunt (her sister) is not doing well and wouldn't be a surprise at all if she passed.

Anyhow, funeral was this AM. Afterwards at the gathering afterwards I chatted with a different aunt and gave my condolences to losing her sister. She said to me:

"You know, she passed away over a week ago. More than a week! I expected the funeral to be last week. I mean, how long are they going to keep the body on ice? And when I found out today was the funeral, April fools day, I was almost convinced she was pulling a prank and going to come out during the service and say GOT YA to everyone. But, uh, she didn't :(" and her eyes got all shiny and started to well up.

drat. Would have been an epic gag but I felt pretty bad for her having her hopes up until literally the last moment. :(

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

What do the mods have to do with it.....I'm wondering if he's ever gonna be held accountable for his actions because he should be.

They got pictures of the police report, I believe.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

They got pictures of the police report, I believe.

What police report? Dude is now in CA, if there would have been a police report or any actual allegations of rape anytime within the week after he was in CO and still living with other SA dude and wife and kid at their house, he would not be in CA. There's plenty of doubt on both sides of the coin and god knows the chat logs with other SA'ers to go with it, however, it is what it is. Essentially at this point, no charges filed and both parties involved and AI went their own ways.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
maybe just let the involved parties handle this as they wish, and respect that? i mean just a thought.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

keykey posted:

What police report? Dude is now in CA, if there would have been a police report or any actual allegations of rape anytime within the week after he was in CO and still living with other SA dude and wife and kid at their house, he would not be in CA. There's plenty of doubt on both sides of the coin and god knows the chat logs with other SA'ers to go with it, however, it is what it is. Essentially at this point, no charges filed and both parties involved and AI went their own ways.

Why am I not surprised that the one weird right wing guy itt is the one who seems to be terrified of false rape allegations

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs5ZOcU6Bnw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006