Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is there a joke in the poll?
This poll is closed.
Nope 12 8.16%
Nothing 10 6.80%
Sorry 18 12.24%
Bowsette 107 72.79%
Total: 147 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

matti
Mar 31, 2019

jamins for a mayzing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

mr. hedgehog id like to talk to you about the smash brothers initiative

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello everybody, what's shakin in this thread, how is everyone doing

Did a writers guild hashtag with my recent script and got a couple follows from TVshowrunners, so I'm currently cynically hyped for my life.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ambivalent posted:

Are we sure it isn't Mr. The Hedgehog

Or is The his middle name

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ambivalent posted:

Given the bad design he'd probably fit in better with a playstation all stars initiative.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

The Hedgehog is his first name since Sonic is a Japanese character

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Did a writers guild hashtag with my recent script and got a couple follows from TVshowrunners, so I'm currently cynically hyped for my life.

Cool, where would it go from here? Is it more likely they'd just buy it off of you to mess with on their own or something else entirely?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Games Chat Thread - Mays Gone

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I would like an affordable VR headset that plays Subnautica. It's the only game I can think of where I'd happily play hours on end in VR.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I would like an affordable VR headset that plays Subnautica. It's the only game I can think of where I'd happily play hours on end in VR.
some of the microsoft headsets routinely sell for $150-200, and well they aren't particularly good imo but they'd play subnautica just fine

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

his middle name is maurice

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sonic Theodore Hedgehog

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Cool, where would it go from here? Is it more likely they'd just buy it off of you to mess with on their own or something else entirely?

At the most, hit me up in the future for the chance at a writers room. But that's super long shot. Just gonna finish up some more scripts and pretend not to care about it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The Sonic movie looks just as bad as the trailers for Street Fighter or Super Mario Bros, and I bet it will garner some cult appreciation amidst the negative reactions. I don’t believe that synopsis is legit; it reads like something put together after looking at the trailer, the promo shots, and some educated guesses to fill in the gaps.

Maybe I’m-a Lyin’: Games Discourse Thread

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i'm flan

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

That badass turtle tortoise is gonna cut you

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm the "ghost"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m the streaking fish

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

im komajin. i have a charge attack and a hadouken attack

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Yo is that a ghost condom?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hi a notorious strange man, I'm dad

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Is that from that Bible adventure game? I had it for the Gameboy and the passwords are crazy, like 30 characters long. You threw fruit at sinners and pushed blocks.

That's all for this week's Retro Game Exploration, remember to like and subscribe

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
I'm gonna own the Gaming Upper Class by continuing to not own a VR headset

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail posted:

some of the microsoft headsets routinely sell for $150-200, and well they aren't particularly good imo but they'd play subnautica just fine
honestly i'm debating getting a lenovo headset since the Rift S was outsourced to lenovo already

and then i don't have to own a facebook product

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1885319905/calico-magical-girls-running-cat-cafes-0

I like the idea and some of the animations are cute but man those graphics are just... I don't like 'em. They hurt to look at. I dunno how to explain it other than everything just looks like it is blending together and like it's too bright, like I'm looking into a light. Maybe it's just me though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the cats seem good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

you didnt mention you can ride on a big cat

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
That art style is really garish and unappealing.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Looks like a one of those fancy coloring books. I'd ride a cat if it was on the switch :shrug:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

you didnt mention you can ride on a big cat

That isn't the only thing you can ride on.

https://i.imgur.com/beEAEMU.mp4

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
enlarging wildlife is irresponsible

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Woah, red pandas, is there a switch option?

Edit: backed

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 1, 2019

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Why are their thighs bigger than their heads?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

That's a common action hero concept, that even Bayonetta copies

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

chun li's thighs are each bigger than two heads

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Why are their thighs bigger than their heads?

thighs usually are

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

honestly i'm debating getting a lenovo headset since the Rift S was outsourced to lenovo already

and then i don't have to own a facebook product
if you're willing to pay that much, look into the samsung oddyssey+, it's gorgeous but still has all the problems associated with being a wmr headset

tbh at a $400 budget I'd get a rift s, and just not use their store, even if it's a lenovo headset it's not beholden to microsoft's dumbass system and the tracking is a lot better. e: that is, if you have a relatively Average Face that that thing's fixed IPD is actually able to accommodate. if you're an outlier literally just about any other headset would be better, including just buying an old rift or vive for the same price

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I’m glad they’re taking up arms against big titties because big thighs have always been historically superior.