Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Gotta see this comic book movie and I don't care who I kill by doing so. America.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

MokBa posted:

That's Brian Doyle-Murray you uncultured swine.

^This man blows goats. I have proof.^

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Soccer knowers: is there a reason why it’s funny that Leeds United is the team the seedy Russian guy was buying, or was that probably just a fan in the writers room?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Leeds got caught spying on opposition this season. They're also widely regarded as total chavs. "We all hate Leeds scum".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Leeds is the South Carolina of Britain

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Minna episodes are always some of their best. That character just plays off of Selina perfectly, she's so forthright and good-natured and the entire time Selina is just barely stopping herself from telling Minna to shut the gently caress up. JLD is just fantastic with those tortured facial expressions. I just watched the episode where Stephen Fry is Minna's lover who had been poisoned by a political rival, and there's this fantastic scene where Minna tells Selina about how the poison also engorged his penis and changed the texture as well, which makes it great for a vaginal orgasm, and do you prefer a vaginal or a clitoral orgasm, Selina? and JLD's barely-contained dread is just fantastic.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

DrNutt posted:

^This man blows goats. I have proof.^

There's only one man I've ever called a coward, and that was Brian Doyle-Murray.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Minna's like way too real to me for some reason. It is in those moments that I feel exactly what Selina feels.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Minna is awesome and I want to be her friend

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

No Wave posted:

Minna's like way too real to me for some reason. It is in those moments that I feel exactly what Selina feels.

I get what youre saying.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
All I know about football is that Leicester was owned by a seedy Thai businessman who crashed his helicopter onto the pitch after a game killing himself and his mistress...

...a couple of months ago.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Atlas Hugged posted:

All I know about football is that Leicester was owned by a seedy Thai businessman who crashed his helicopter onto the pitch after a game killing himself and his mistress...

...a couple of months ago.

Like half of the successful teams in Europe are owned by shady oil barons so I got that much of the joke. Just don't know if there's a Leeds-specific thing that makes it funnier.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I am intensely angry about Gary right now.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a show stick the landing like that hoooooooly gently caress

E: I like jizz

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Jesus Christ. What an ending.

I'm glad Richard got to be President. It was great to see Sue again.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Jonah is the one true president :colbert:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Gary's final lines were pretty sentimental

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Solid ending to a great show, I wish more shows we’re capable of this.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
"Now let's talk turkey, Governor. "

"Oh, wonderful pets."

So sad for Gary at the end. But I'm glad it's over.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
I'm really unsatisfied with the ending. The whole season they seemed to be setting it up so that Catherine would snap and turn on her mother but no, they just wanted her around as a millennial punching bag. Selena got far too a happy ending.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Loved it. Selina's death being immediately overshadowed by Tom Hanks' was so perfect.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

LinYutang posted:

I'm really unsatisfied with the ending. The whole season they seemed to be setting it up so that Catherine would snap and turn on her mother but no, they just wanted her around as a millennial punching bag. Selena got far too a happy ending.

Catherine has a great life with her loving wife and son. All things considered, she came out better than most. I thought the ending was great and it's fitting that even to the end, everything Selina did left her unsatisfied and overshadowed even in death.

As an aside, I'm usually not one to talk about appearances but holy moly Anna Chlumsky in that dress tonight :eyepop:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

LinYutang posted:

I mean, I think we're supposed to believe that they never reconciled, given that Selina somehow managed to permanently ban gay marriage as basically the only accomplishment of her presidency. She burned her family, she burned her principles, she even burned poor Gary, and all she got was a fairly meaningless one-term presidency. Even soulless Kent wouldn't follow her in the end. I think it was pretty fitting, everything considered.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Old Furlong and Will got the biggest laugh out of me along with Andrew walking past the camera.

The Tom Hanks thing is a callback to the pilot, too.

Phenomenal way to end the show.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
That was a much stronger ending than I expected, after being overall pretty so-so on the post-Iannucci seasons.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

That was a great ending and my only wish is to have had more episodes with Anna Chlumsky as Kellyanne Conway

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Holy poo poo that hug with Gary....

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Phenotype posted:

I mean, I think we're supposed to believe that they never reconciled,

What gave it away, the Margeritaaaaaas Catherine made for the live coverage of her mother's funeral?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Phenotype posted:

I mean, I think we're supposed to believe that they never reconciled, given that Selina somehow managed to permanently ban gay marriage as basically the only accomplishment of her presidency. She burned her family, she burned her principles, she even burned poor Gary, and all she got was a fairly meaningless one-term presidency. Even soulless Kent wouldn't follow her in the end. I think it was pretty fitting, everything considered.

Also undoing the one good thing she did, freeing Tibet.

The male soldiers not being able to figure out the vag crypt and then the female coming along and getting it right open, only for the males to gently caress it up again was pretty great, too.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I didn’t quite understand how Selina got Rhea Seehorn to flip. Appeals to her ego aside, I don’t really see what she had to offer that Tom couldn’t.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Glory, gloryhole-a-lujah. That was a pretty good finale though I'm not sure why Amy suddenly flipped after going nuts for Jonah winning and then suddenly begging Selina to not give him VP.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

General Dog posted:

I didn’t quite understand how Selina got Rhea Seehorn to flip. Appeals to her ego aside, I don’t really see what she had to offer that Tom couldn’t.

Tom James' whole affable dad charm was mostly bullshit and Selina exploding on Rhea's character probably made her realize what Tom was doing was actually for real hosed up and that Tom used Selina (and likely other women), too. That and a cushy job in the White House probably sweetened that deal a whole bunch.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

El Jeffe posted:

Loved it. Selina's death being immediately overshadowed by Tom Hanks' was so perfect.

I absolutely lost my poo poo at that. What a fantastic finale, it makes me want to watch everything over again.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Stare-Out posted:

Glory, gloryhole-a-lujah. That was a pretty good finale though I'm not sure why Amy suddenly flipped after going nuts for Jonah winning and then suddenly begging Selina to not give him VP.

it's very easy to Kellyanne your way through a campaign but then picture being faced with someone actually making the decision to make Jonah Ryan, who is basically Joe Rogan and Ben Shapiro stacked on top of each other, a heartbeat away from the presidency.

It's similar to her moment that got her fired from Selena's campaign the first time she just let Selena have it. The reality of what she was doing set in. Politics is such a game to these people, they can make deals and sell their morals casually away (see: Selena and gay marriage) but Amy had just enough of a shred of her morality left that she tried to jump in front of the Vice President Jonah Ryan train. But alas, that train was going too fast.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Vanderdeath posted:

Tom James' whole affable dad charm was mostly bullshit and Selina exploding on Rhea's character probably made her realize what Tom was doing was actually for real hosed up and that Tom used Selina (and likely other women), too. That and a cushy job in the White House probably sweetened that deal a whole bunch.

Hugh and Julia are so good at their jobs that they make these awful, unforgivably horrible self-centered egotistical pieces of poo poo into people we watch on a weekly basis and kind of want to succeed, which is a trait that the best politicians have. Tom James was easily the best retail politics guy the show had, non-DC people always thought he was the best, it makes sense that he has this charm that can convince just about anyone of just about anything.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Not quite finished yet but lmao at Ben's ending.

e: No loving way. You piece of poo poo Selina

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
RIP beautiful series, you'll be sorely missed :unsmith:
Most people here have surely watched TTOI and In The Loop already, if not you should do that now.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

i am the bird posted:

Old Furlong and Will got the biggest laugh out of me

This, and some other shows would've had their roles reversed but this was perfect

General Dog posted:

I think Selina's explosion in the hospital brought home the fact that he wasn't gonna leave his pregnant wife, especially if he got the presidency.

And Gary, man, that was just evil.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
While this season wasn’t incredible overall (probably the second worst after 6, maybe 1 is worse too but that was forever ago now), they definitely nailed the finale. Selina completely destroying Rhea Seehorn was probably the best moment of the episode for me, and goddamn poor Gary :( everything after the first time skip was perfect too, and I was rolling throughout the Tom Hanks thing.

Really need to rewatch this show soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

https://www.vulture.com/2019/05/veep-series-finale.html

Behind the scenes on the finale. Spoilers, obviously