Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

KungFu Grip posted:

I think Tanahashi has a child too so he's not volcel

i posted it in the old thread but john cena is the only wrestler at the true volcel end of the spectrum. below that is "fucks, but not distracted by horniness". also it is a scale for wrestling characters, not real life performers, unless there is a young lion who is canonically his son. which i would gladly accept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Dean is a mystery. Just like Evolution...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

shiksa posted:

i posted it in the old thread but john cena is the only wrestler at the true volcel end of the spectrum. below that is "fucks, but not distracted by horniness". also it is a scale for wrestling characters, not real life performers, unless there is a young lion who is canonically his son. which i would gladly accept.

I choose to believe Shota Umino is his little brother.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I just looked to make sure and I'm not seeing a match for the Usos or the Revival at Mania? lmao

I mean just quick-book them into a thing vs one another as a special "Brand vs Brand" attraction. Come on.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just popping in to say Ronda Rousey goes quakers is the funniest goddamn thing I've seen in a long long time. loving crying over here.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

KungFu Grip posted:

I think Tanahashi has a child too so he's not volcel

It's not whether the man is, it's how he wrestles. Does Tanahashi wrestle like he wants to gently caress something/someone right after the match? No, he wrestles with a purity of fighting spirit.

Like Randy Savage, Brock Lesnar, Scott Steiner, wrestled like horny men. I'd argue that while Fregal Devitt might be volcel, Finn wrestles with a will to pin.

And I'm glad that they added the stip that Charlotte, Ronda and Becky must wrestle nicely, just so they'd explode harder. I'm sorry, they thought this was America.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Why don'tt Charlotte and Rhonda's pictures have jail bars on them?

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

From what I understand, the wrestling journalist guys like Meltzer have asked and have all been assured over and over again that the idea really, genuinely, 100% is Corbin/Angle, but the idea is so terrible that all of them keep saying,"Well, they're saying it is.... but.... I mean seriously can it really be... I mean, they say it is.... but seriously? REALLY? I guess it is because they say so... but REALLY?"

I keep hoping Angle is gonna repeat the Cena debut by beating Corbin in seconds and cut a promo asking if this is really the best he can get, and then Cena comes out to show him... RUTHLESS AGGRESSION.

I keep hoping.... :negative:

Yeah, I feel like WWE is trying a bit TOO hard to sell the idea that it's actually Corbin, along with the reported "no, Cena DOES have something to do at 'Mania, but it's being kept top secret', for there not to be some sort of swerve going on there. It just feels like when Jericho would go "no, seriously, i'm not coming back" so loudly and so often that everyone finally just went "right, so you're coming back."

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

maybe cena's mania moment is coming out to squash KO or Elias

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Martinpale posted:

Yeah, I feel like WWE is trying a bit TOO hard to sell the idea that it's actually Corbin, along with the reported "no, Cena DOES have something to do at 'Mania, but it's being kept top secret', for there not to be some sort of swerve going on there. It just feels like when Jericho would go "no, seriously, i'm not coming back" so loudly and so often that everyone finally just went "right, so you're coming back."

See, I feel like this is exactly what they want. They know Corbin gets lukewarm reactions, this way there's a ton of heat on him for eating Angle's retirement match and they're playing explicitly into that.

It's not particularly GOOD heat, but that's not a thing they've ever cared about.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Someone did a Kofi version of the really cool DB "Monster" video
https://streamable.com/roqcs

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I don’t know if I’d watch wrestlemania at this point if I had invited people over for a party. This was a really embarrassing build up show.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Wazzu posted:

It's not whether the man is, it's how he wrestles. Does Tanahashi wrestle like he wants to gently caress something/someone right after the match? No, he wrestles with a purity of fighting spirit.

Like Randy Savage, Brock Lesnar, Scott Steiner, wrestled like horny men. I'd argue that while Fregal Devitt might be volcel, Finn wrestles with a will to pin.

And I'm glad that they added the stip that Charlotte, Ronda and Becky must wrestle nicely, just so they'd explode harder. I'm sorry, they thought this was America.

scott steiner is a legendary wrestler on the horny spectrum. im honestly a little torn on brock after posting the original graph. i know i said this is supposed to be about wrestling characters, not performers, but brock the man and brock the character are hard to separate for me. like, in-ring, he gives me the impression that he is satisfied to throw suplexes, collect vinces money, and go home and have sex with sable. which, absolute respect to that, man. i cannot poke any holes in that. but also, that is not a man who is distracted by his horniness.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Golden Bee posted:

I don’t know if I’d watch wrestlemania at this point if I had invited people over for a party. This was a really embarrassing build up show.

are you trying to tell me there's something embarrassing about this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

No Irish Need Imply posted:

K
O
F
I
T
R
A
I
N

TOOT TOOT ALL ABOARD

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Martinpale posted:

Either that or WWE really does think he's a great final opponent for Kurt. I'm not sure which ones sadder.

No last Rey/Kurt match is disappointing, though. This whole retirement tour has been the most obvious need to retire we've ever seen.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

GrimGypsy posted:

Someone did a Kofi version of the really cool DB "Monster" video
https://streamable.com/roqcs

this should be the actual video package

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

RONDA TRIED TO STEAL THE loving CAR AND DROVE IT INTO ANOTHER CAR AS SHE TRIED TO DRIVE CUFFED

Ronda Rousey, Human Trashbag should have always been her gimmick

e: J-Ru, in honour of EC3's appearance tonight I think the OP should start having an X Days Since EC3 Appeared tracker

Rarity fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 2, 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

like Vince was ever going to give him one last mania payday

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

like Vince was ever going to give him one last mania payday

Seth winning the belt at Mania followed by Dean and Roman joining him in ring for one last bro hug and fist bump is such a perfect ending for The Shield I’m genuinely going to be sad if it doesn’t happen because Vince is crazy and petty.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i can't imagine a world where kofi, becky, AND seth all win so sorry seth (also probably to one or both of becky & kofi too since we live in a hellscape of HEAT)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol right after the Last Week Tonight piece Michael Cole says "there is no sick in WWE" on Raw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Ronda Rousey, Human Trashbag should have always been her gimmick

That whole segment was superb but I really do think her going full trash and trying to steal the cop car was the icing on the cake.

That and the brief pause as Becky and Ronda realize they've been left alone together and are free to kick the poo poo out of each other :kiss:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Tweak posted:

i can't imagine a world where kofi, becky, AND seth all win so sorry seth (also probably to one or both of becky & kofi too since we live in a hellscape of HEAT)

Just wait until we get That Photo Part 2 with Becky with both women's belts, Kofi with the world title, Seth with the universal title, and KURT HAWKINS AND ZACH RYDER with the tag belts!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I like that they made it winner gets both titles in the women's main event, was hoping that'd be the route to raise those stakes and make me afraid that Charlotte's gonna win it. It makes zero story or real life sense for Rousey to win here, but I also like that it gives her an added stake in the match beyond just retaining the title she has.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Remember it wasn't that long ago that we got this type of thing instead of the incredible madness we saw tonight:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

NowonSA posted:

I like that they made it winner gets both titles in the women's main event, was hoping that'd be the route to raise those stakes and make me afraid that Charlotte's gonna win it. It makes zero story or real life sense for Rousey to win here, but I also like that it gives her an added stake in the match beyond just retaining the title she has.

I really feel like even WWE can't be stupid enough to spoil the first women's main event by having the bigger of the two heels win.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hahaha. Finn really is going to bust out the Demon for Lashley and the IC Title when he wouldn't for Brock and the Universal. What a loving dumbass.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

DeepDickPizza posted:

Hahaha. Finn really is going to bust out the Demon for Lashley and the IC Title when he wouldn't for Brock and the Universal. What a loving dumbass.

It's WWE Canon that the demon Balor's true weakness is Brock's Dick Sword.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The brawl was pretty darn cool It feels like the WWE still has one of these huge fun brawls in them once a year at least. Also I like them treating the third hour as a throwaway, I hope that stays the trend. I guess it doesn't matter in a world where I fast forward past most of the show anyway but if I'm ever stuck watching live it'll be nice to know I can zone out on the third hour.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

DeepDickPizza posted:

wwe babyfaces have negative IQ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

It's WWE Canon that the demon Balor's true weakness is Brock's Dick Sword.

Gallows: It's like a big dick that's so long it reaches almost from his crotch to his collarbone.
Balor: ...so like a regular dick then? :confused:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Why are superstars arrested so much, it’s like a secret season of cops

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Lesnar a volcel? nani the gently caress?

his most famous promo ever involves banging his wife after a coors light

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

finn not included in the chart because you can only have so many rows of pixels

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
finn I actually would believe is a volcel, considering how long and how desperately people have been begging for that facefuck

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the big raw brawl reminded me of the cool and silly time where ambrose and harper were having a hardcore(?) match on a PPV and brawled into a car and drove off. The show continued with a couple more matches, before the car returned and they both got out and continued the match. It was so goofy and so great :allears:

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

finn has no time to consider loving since hes too busy working out his abs and playing with legos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Do you think he likes legos because they look like tiny plastic abs