Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Is anyone actually saying mmm or merk for today? Who else was even on merk before me?

No but people are voting merk and me, and they shouldn't be!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

eh ya dingus, frustration with the game isn't just based on how long the game has gone, it's how frustrating the exchanges you're in are.

The exchange between you and merk felt tepid, I just have a hard time believing it.

I would switch to Hal though. Do you have any thoughts on his steak vote as I outlined earlier?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Mr Steak who is scum and why, you managed to FOS 5 people but never said who's scum operating in your big post. Who's trying to control the narrative and spread confusion, or lay low?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

The exchange between you and merk felt tepid, I just have a hard time believing it.

I would switch to Hal though. Do you have any thoughts on his steak vote as I outlined earlier?

I've thought Hal has been fine this game. I'll give him a reread sometime soon, but I'll be going to bed soon

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Who else was even on merk before me?

I was but the case is pretty weak and I'm willing to drop it. It was just my first hunch based on the sort aggressive push on mmm. I'm too tired to go back through the thread at this point and collect thoughts. I'll do it in the morning.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I've thought Hal has been fine this game. I'll give him a reread sometime soon, but I'll be going to bed soon

really? hal's been pretty awful

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toalpaz posted:

Mr Steak who is scum and why, you managed to FOS 5 people but never said who's scum operating in your big post. Who's trying to control the narrative and spread confusion, or lay low?

can you please repeat this post in a way that isnt word salad?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

really? hal's been pretty awful

Don't talk about him like that, he's sensitive

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Steak posted:

Lol what's your deal though

I wanted to jump on you for this, because Toal is sorta right, just throwing out five names doesn't actually say much. However you also say that your reasoning is because they think your scummy but can't back it up, which is fair I guess. I don't get why you're behind SO combative though.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somberbrero posted:

Lol what's your deal though

I wanted to jump on you for this, because Toal is sorta right, just throwing out five names doesn't actually say much. However you also say that your reasoning is because they think your scummy but can't back it up, which is fair I guess. I don't get why you're behind SO combative though.

1) i dont know what FOS means
2) that post was just me dumping all my thoughts to be transparent. i know i dont have cases on those names but thats where my head is at right now
3) what does SO mean when you say im "behind SO combative"?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

ok ##vote Mr Steak

bye bye man

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

spacing in vienna posted:

I have, actually, just not in a few years. I've been playing off and on since, I want to say 2009??, but it's way, way more off than on. I resurface every few years to play a few games and then disappear again. When I started, my username was slackerbitch, but I don't remember when I changed it.

So like half the usernames here, I recognize and think I might have played with before, and the other half, I have no clue. So it was a legit question.

Missed this responding to mmm. I asked just because the fool newbie thing was brought up several times today so it seemed weird you missed it.

We were probably active at the same time since I started in 09(oh my god) but I also have the memory of a small bird

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toalpaz posted:

ok ##vote Mr Steak

bye bye man

you were already voting for me

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Steak posted:

1) i dont know what FOS means
2) that post was just me dumping all my thoughts to be transparent. i know i dont have cases on those names but thats where my head is at right now
3) what does SO mean when you say im "behind SO combative"?

Finger of Shame.

I am on my phone right now, I meant 'being SO combative,' because you're coming off like a dick when Toal asked you a reasonable question.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Steak posted:

Lol he's got you there Toal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

??? ##vote Steak ?? Is it working now?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somberbrero posted:

Finger of Shame.

I am on my phone right now, I meant 'being SO combative,' because you're coming off like a dick when Toal asked you a reasonable question.

i 100% did not realize toal's post was addressed to me. i thought they were answering yor question of who was on merk before you with "steak, who is scum" becaus i was. the rest of their post read like nonsense to me after that

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Steak posted:

i 100% did not realize toal's post was addressed to me. i thought they were answering yor question of who was on merk before you with "steak, who is scum" becaus i was. the rest of their post read like nonsense to me after that

i have no idea how to respond to that but it's hilarious.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr Steak pick one person and call them scum. Please.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toalpaz posted:

Mr Steak who is scum and why?

I haven't unvoted because I'm still okay with my vote on Merk, but besides that I'm not sure. I definitely think Hal's been acting super weird, hence why I said he's on my radar. Same with Sal just because he's the only one here who I've played with enough to have gut feelings about, and he seems slightly off. neither of those are enough to even start casing them though. Sorry that I revealed who I've got my eye on. I never intended for that to be a case or convincing anyone to vote for them. Toal has been crazy scummy but in my limited experience they always act that way, but I've still got one eye on them. Hum I actually almost didn't include because he's been mostly reasonable, I'm just paying attention for any possible slips.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

I haven't unvoted because I'm still okay with my vote on Merk, but besides that I'm not sure. I definitely think Hal's been acting super weird, hence why I said he's on my radar. Same with Sal just because he's the only one here who I've played with enough to have gut feelings about, and he seems slightly off. neither of those are enough to even start casing them though. Sorry that I revealed who I've got my eye on. I never intended for that to be a case or convincing anyone to vote for them. Toal has been crazy scummy but in my limited experience they always act that way, but I've still got one eye on them. Hum I actually almost didn't include because he's been mostly reasonable, I'm just paying attention for any possible slips.

How scummy is merk right now? Enough to be scum?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Like if he was accidentally town how bad and or culpable would you feel?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toalpaz posted:

Like if he was accidentally town how bad and or culpable would you feel?

I feel that he has 2 votes on him and somewhere in the next 6 votes I'll be way more confidant one way or the other. He's not scummy enough to be scum but he's scummy enough to have 2 votes

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

I feel that he has 2 votes on him and somewhere in the next 6 votes I'll be way more confidant one way or the other. He's not scummy enough to be scum but he's scummy enough to have 2 votes

OK ##vote MERK

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I mean if he's not scum might as well lunch him am I right? :grin:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk what point you're trying to make but thanks for unvoting me.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'd like to hear more serious cases from flerp, toal, hum, sal, aa, as, etc

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
This is a work in progress as I'm catching up, but...

1. Holy poo poo, why so many posts... I'm sure an eXpert is going to be like,'huh-ho, look at AA! Only a scum would complain about post quantity', but mock my words... that player will be scum.

OK, let's start off light...

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Strange... I got my PM, and I can't direct quote, but it pretty much says I'm the best and that I win. Weird...
This is a solid post. It demonstrates strong town motivation, and I believe every word of it.

CCKeane posted:

Thank you all for gathering around me.

The secret...is that I ate beans for dinner.

*Farts*
Could this be a stump gimmick or something more. In flavor, his character is incapacitated, and this is first mention of 'Farts'

That's weird that you got my role PM.
Clearly a mod error as that PM could only possibly apply to me. strang tho'

SalTheBard posted:

Yeah you just picked the wrong player (AA) to make a snarky post to
:hmmyes:

CCKeane posted:

BTW everybody who has fewer posts than me by the end of the day dies, enjoy.
hosed up if true

OK... Ok... enough of that.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Mason
Vig
Lunch

Mason AA
Vig Keane
Lunch one of those two dog avatars
This pings me as a possible fake content game. I enjoy doing them as scum, that's for certain.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Keane, considering we can’t kill you, do you have a win condition?

Somberbrero posted:

Not trying to rile you up, but why even go down that rabbit hole this early on? If Keane has anything to hide, he's not going to share it with us.
Somber's "non-riling" commentary serves what purpose here?
Class, is it a joking comment? No. No...

Is it meant to be a critique of fisk? Yes... well, Somber says that they aren't trying to rile up fisk... Hmm... seems conflicted.

The point I'm getting at is... why even ask this question if you aren't seeking some type of reaction. That's :thunk: worthy imo.

I don't remember the specs for avatar size and am too lazy to look them up, or else I might.

##vote Fisk for being a cocktease
Joke vote, but kind of strange I guess? Since SiV is being looked at last I saw, might as well remark that I give this post a raised eyebrow look every time I pass it, but don't dig too deep into it.

Toalpaz posted:

If I had a win condition as a stump I would lie about it.
This stood out to me. My toalsense tells me that it's just an honest remark, but part of me... the part that says "this stands out" fears deeper, more sinister implications... TBD

Toalpaz posted:

##vote MMM

I don't want to lose to this slick mafia super star.
Joke phase coasting perchance?

kaschei posted:

Who do you want to lose to?
Weird remark.

Mr. Steak posted:

anyone not patently ignoring stumpy is sus

##vote fisk
:thunk:
Seems strange to me. It is a bit weird no, a stump from the start of the game. I'm suspicious of Keane. Keane is probably some type of heretical stump that becomes a serial killer or some stupid poo poo on some night coming up.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not as scummy as changing your username mid game

##vote mr steak
I always think Hal is scum though. Just seems like a weird thing to take the high ground on.

SalTheBard posted:

People who want to extend joke phase are almost always scum
I don't get a saldadfia vibe from this, this seems like a normal remark Sal would make, and I also agree.

SalTheBard posted:

I promise I won't NK you*

*I'm town and thus don't have the ability
Maybe... this is SalTheScum though.

I can't play without avs. I'm getting confused enough with Sal and Kumba being twinsies..
Eh, I miss em' sometimes, but it's nice at work.

Toalpaz posted:

@onsetOutsider see this is what a scum slip looks like
What lol?

Mr. Steak posted:

are you saying your vote is a scumslip?

##vote toal
lmao

Somberbrero posted:

That seems pretty weird, Steak.
No, you're being weird again. That's two in the somber seems off category.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Is this:
A) A town player offering up their life because they don't give a gently caress
B) A scum player throwing themselves at taste's feet because they know most players won't vig the player who asks
C) Somebody with a bulletproof role being cheeky
D) What Ninth should say every day until somebody takes mercy on the rest of us
The post that started up merk's engine. His, "hello town, I'm obviously a scum this game." engine.
MMM asserts Hum volunteering to be vigged is weird with their multiple choice noncommittal read.

merk calls this out, but some how, some how... they both feel disingenuous, something I called out earlier and upon re-read still feel strongly about. Looks like a faux-fight.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm beginning to assume merk has recently sustained a nasty head injury, which is why he's having trouble making good arguments or reading posts more than one sentence long.

This does feel genuine though. Like MMM finally realized that merk wasn't just being obstinate, but was being outright weird.

merk somb scum team?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Alright this is getting useless, I think everybody has gotten all they needed from that exchange.
Yeah, I got a town read on Imogen here.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

merk i told you about fool and sound
Excepppptttt... FoS had a good point on merk I feel. merk tried to pull that quick witted rebuttal, but it's a presumptuous one...

merk posted:

Do you actually believe two joke votes made by two very active posters are going to fester there until deadline?
One, it suggests that there is an objective flaw in the way FoS has made their case against merk.

Do you actually believe - pointless incredulity aimed at too many subjective factors. If any of those poo poo votes belong to fellow scum, then yeah... it would be easy and excusable for a high volume poster to suddenly get engaged in the weekend or "whoops" and miss deadline. It's not above suspicion, and you tried to defuse my suspicion of you as scum in this same manner in Somber's game that just concluded.

merk posted:

We are distancing. Vote him first though please.
Why even play at the idea?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

People we ain't voting today:
Myself
Merk
Spacing in Vienna

C'mon guys, don't play this game like chumps, review the loving field.

SIV, read Fool of Sound's actual posts and tell me what you think of them.
OK...

MMM, merk, somber scum team?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

OK, I admit I haven't played in 3 years, but did the community somehow become this literal minded in the time since?
I hope the first person who was ironic for the sake of being trendy spontaneously combusted. Thank goodness things are more literal minded.

Only humans would swaddle intent in gobbledygook. *incessant grumbling*

Toalpaz posted:

This is a grassroots bandwagon that I can get behind for no reason other than Sal's scum vs town games in recent history, he's due to have rolled scum at this point. ##vote Sal

Hahaha toal for funniest player this game. I think they must have rolled scum lol.

SalTheBard posted:

That is so loving asinine.

I am laughing too hard right now haha.

Atomic Soda posted:

looking forward to it aa!
No pressure, geesh!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I voted somber because I read him scum and I wanted to see how or if people react
Taste feels like taste. Fisk for town this game.

Toalpaz posted:

:wrong:

##vote Steak
Toalpaz loving around well beyond proper joke phase death means scumpaz.

I'll eat normal human edible food if this untrue, just as I had intended to do without any concern for this game! I know I'm right here.

##vote toalpaz

OK though...

beyond that

I do feel like both MMM and merk could be scum.

onset, excuse me, steakums, fool and siv seem just fine.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry for the m-m-m-mega post. Too lazy to break it out. DOn't kill me mod, count that mega post as 5 unless you're a coward.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
somber could be non-town. MMM, mafia online xxpert could just be making a fool move in trusting merk right now.

toal somb merk is also a possibility in my braincage, this forsaken goop dome.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

So it's Somber and you. Okay thanks AA.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

So it's Somber and you. Okay thanks AA.

rumble harder mein obvious scumble

:allears:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'll have you know I'm a wild and hot headed Townie and a cool and calculating scumbud. You're all mixed up mister.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote anomalous amalgam

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Tone is self conscious and nervous

Reads as though AA had the conclusion they were going to get to before they started writing the pist,. calls me out several times but I'm only a maybe, mentioned in a follow-up post when he realized he forgot to bring me up, probably one in his list of scum is his scumbuddy.

Drive-by dumps like that are what scum do when they want to post but can't find a natural transition into the conversation, I used to do the same thing back in the day

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Kind of feeling flerp now for posting primarily to take potshots in the thread

Although I guess scum would like, make a performative read at least

Please don’t be passive-aggressive towards your scumbuddy. Just tell him how you feel. Dancing around confrontation just makes things worse.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
toal is giving me bad vibes and id like to know why fisk thinks somber is scum besides he thinks he’s scum. id like to at least know why.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

Reads as though AA had the conclusion they were going to get to before they started writing the pist,. calls me out several times but I'm only a maybe, mentioned in a follow-up post when he realized he forgot to bring me up, probably one in his list of scum is his scumbuddy.

Drive-by dumps like that are what scum do when they want to post but can't find a natural transition into the conversation, I used to do the same thing back in the day

I drove by dump as town joat in your game that just concluded. Try another false axiom to assert.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

*finger hovers over standard mafia phrases*

"Tone" yes tone... that's excellent. "Tone" is "self conscious nervous"

Excellent excellent

I read the top of AAs list. Saw my name. Read that too.

These big posts are what scum do. I've done it. Guaranteed scum here because I've established a precedent in my mind, yep.

Address the points or is wholesale dismissal the best you can muster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good evening everyone

Mr. Steak posted:

if he's not scummy enough to be scum, why aren't you voting someone you think is?

kaschei posted:

Please don’t be passive-aggressive towards your scumbuddy. Just tell him how you feel. Dancing around confrontation just makes things worse.

is this a serious read?

interested in response from somber to this part of aa's longpost:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Somber's "non-riling" commentary serves what purpose here?
Class, is it a joking comment? No. No...

Is it meant to be a critique of fisk? Yes... well, Somber says that they aren't trying to rile up fisk... Hmm... seems conflicted.

The point I'm getting at is... why even ask this question if you aren't seeking some type of reaction. That's :thunk: worthy imo.

aa why did you vote toal at the end of that, rather than merk, somber or mmm? you are relying on meta for your toal read and i've seen toal play this way as town. why are you ok with steak?

toal who do you seriously think is scum?

kumba what do you think of recent developments?