Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

The justification they are using is scummy as gently caress is probably how I should've phrased it.

The justification that your posting seems scummy? Or are just referring to toalpaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

The justification that your posting seems scummy? Or are just referring to toalpaz

Mostly Toalpaz.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I need to go back and look at the other votes but phone posting makes that difficult as gently caress.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote taste

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Probably not going to be back in any meaningful way before deadline, but I'll probably be able to change my vote to avoid a no execution

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Vote lurkers if you want but don’t try to dress it up as anything other than putting on playing the game

this post is the reason for my vote to be clear

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm also fine with voting toalpaz

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

this post is the reason for my vote to be clear

Yeah. He came in to snipe and then bailed. It’s a scummy look for sure.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Is it pro tier play to throw your hands up and vote on cop out , Logang

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s not scummy, this game is aids

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

merk posted:

Yeah. He came in to snipe and then bailed. It’s a scummy look for sure.

i don't like the ~~~~~~~~~tone~~~~~~~~~~ of it

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i read passive aggressive language as scummy personally, yes

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

i read passive aggressive language as scummy personally, yes

Ironicat

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Cool, m’s scumclaimed

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##vote Fisks

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:yikes:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

oh, by the way, in my lurking i'm nearly top five itt, meaning real scum is somewhere in the actual lurkers, but an early lurker mislynch forestalls that.

not gonna be around much before deadline, peace

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

My taste translator is broken, someone help

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
nice meltdown

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't know if Taste just claimed Cop or not.

Votecount for Day 1

Toalpaz (4): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Anomalous Amalgam, SalTheBard, merk, fool_of_sound
Jonathan Fisk (3): Toalpaz, kumba, spacing in vienna, Toalpaz, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, spacing in vienna, fool_of_sound, fool_of_sound, MMM Whatchya Say, Toalpaz
SalTheBard (3): kumba, kumba, spacing in vienna, merk, merk, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Somberbrero (1): SalTheBard, merk, merk, Jonathan Fisk, SalTheBard
merk (1): Mr. Steak, fool_of_sound, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, fool_of_sound, Toalpaz
MMM Whatchya Say (1): Toalpaz, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, merk, Toalpaz, kaschei, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, merk
Mr. Steak (1): flerp, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Somberbrero
fool_of_sound (0): MMM Whatchya Say, MMM Whatchya Say
kumba (0): kaschei, kaschei
Mr. Humalong (0): merk, merk
spacing in vienna (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (1): Atomic Soda

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 13th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 24 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jonathan Fisk posted:

oh, by the way, in my lurking i'm nearly top five itt, meaning real scum is somewhere in the actual lurkers, but an early lurker mislynch forestalls that.

not gonna be around much before deadline, peace

You have zero reads so far in the game besides whatever you did on somber.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

4 hours until deadline and 3 clear vote leaders. I'd go Sal > Toal > Taste, personally.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

"Lurker mechanics" will not apply to anyone today, so anyone trying to shoot down a "lurker vote" on those grounds is suspicious.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

d1 reads aren't worth their bandwidth and no lol i didnt claim cop, I made a joke at our professional mafia maestro proving his mettle by incisively voting the guy who hasn't been around d1

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah I'm going to be a bit busy from now onwards but I should be able to monitor. I've cooled on my merk case, and I guess I could vote Sal but he's not really one of my priorities. My vote is for Toalpaz or JFisk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jonathan Fisk posted:

d1 reads aren't worth their bandwidth and no lol i didnt claim cop, I made a joke at our professional mafia maestro proving his mettle by incisively voting the guy who hasn't been around d1

If you're not even going to try today: ##vote Fisk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You're around.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I still don't see the case in Toal, I reread them. This is what taste does all the time too so idk how any of you are getting real reads of him. I'm pretty sure AA is scum and I'd like to vote him out.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I still don't see the case in Toal, I reread them. This is what taste does all the time too so idk how any of you are getting real reads of him. I'm pretty sure AA is scum and I'd like to vote him out.

Taste was really active in the game you just modded on d1 where he was making reads and prodding people.
Toal is playing nothing like they did in the game you just modded where they were actively trying to figure out the game in a word vomit / say everything way.

Your reads on them are really weird.

ninjad pronouns

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

I was ranking the three vote leaders. I agree on Toal and Taste. AA has pinged me a bit but not enough that I think I would vote them today. It seems like their usual brand of insanity.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Humalong posted:

I was ranking the three vote leaders. I agree on Toal and Taste. AA has pinged me a bit but not enough that I think I would vote them today. It seems like their usual brand of insanity.

I feel like AA dropped some shady responses and then vanished to avoid having to respond to me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toal switches back and forth between word vomit and insane snipe posts regardless of alignment. This is coming from someone who has played in multiple games with them where we were both town and both scum, it's really not as much of a slam dunk as you would think it is.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

If you're not even going to try today: ##vote Fisk

Spite mislynches are still mislynches

At least I’ve got a migraine as an excuse

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Spite mislynches are still mislynches

At least I’ve got a migraine as an excuse

Why snipe instead of posting a read?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

*finger hovers over standard mafia phrases*

"Tone" yes tone... that's excellent. "Tone" is "self conscious nervous"

Excellent excellent

I read the top of AAs list. Saw my name. Read that too.

These big posts are what scum do. I've done it. Guaranteed scum here because I've established a precedent in my mind, yep.

Address the points or is wholesale dismissal the best you can muster?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Toals posting was distinctly different.

It wasn't a strange conclusion
My toal suspicion was voiced through out.

And somber is decidedly lazy and making my post out like some eldritch architecture as opposed to a fairly easy to follow assessment.

That's scummy!

Lol rereading these again

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Taste was really active in the game you just modded on d1 where he was making reads and prodding people.
Toal is playing nothing like they did in the game you just modded where they were actively trying to figure out the game in a word vomit / say everything way.

Your reads on them are really weird.

ninjad pronouns

I'm looking at taste across a wider range of games. A third of the time he just plunks down and refuses to do anything as town d1.

I don't think a sample size of '1' is enough for me to make a meta alignment call on Toal, there are so many reasons Toal could be posting differently that do not have to do with alignment. I've played with Toal a couple times but I am not as familiar with them as Fisk.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Humalong posted:

Lol rereading these again

They're extremely funny, but also scummy.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don’t understand the new mafia fixation with succint crit being looked down on

My read is that today is bad unpleasant content to read and I welcome a flip to make sense of who’s just conceited and delusional or intentionally misleading

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don’t understand the new mafia fixation with succint crit being looked down on

My read is that today is bad unpleasant content to read and I welcome a flip to make sense of who’s just conceited and delusional or intentionally misleading

Ok. That flip might be you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

By all means, poo poo ya pants