Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I hate to say this, but I think MMM is right that he's the 'easy' lynch that scum will try to move the game towards today.

SiV is posturing to vote MMM.
Hal is posturing to vote MMM.
Somb is posturing to vote MMM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hello merk

merk posted:

After reading MMM's stuff yesterday again, he's acting like he's on a mafia tv show. I can't fathom why a scum player would purposely and arrogantly leave out reads which draws unnecessary heat on themselves. I'm voting elsewhere today.

too scummy to be scum?

i think the best vote is space today ##vote space but mmm definitely on my suspect list

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Atomic Soda posted:

too scummy to be scum?

eh, good point. I'm more interested in the thread slowly coming to a boil on MMM's lynch, and it feels too easy.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
mmm has consistently dodged reasons for votes and questions i'd happily vote for him

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That's four people saying they'd vote MMM, two votes on MMM, and me on the fence but wouldn't be real happy with the vote. That would be 7 votes and we're 10 hours from deadline. Is that too easy or are some of those people scum distancing from scum?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i don't think that vote caught ##vote spacing

i'm going to bed soon but will be back for deadline

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

After reading MMM's stuff yesterday again, he's acting like he's on a mafia tv show. I can't fathom why a scum player would purposely and arrogantly leave out reads which draws unnecessary heat on themselves. I'm voting elsewhere today.

I agree with this 100%. MMM feels like such an easy vote today and I don't like how he's become the default. He's not cleared as wotn to me quite, but I definitely want to look around elsewhere

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I hate to say this, but I think MMM is right that he's the 'easy' lynch that scum will try to move the game towards today.

SiV is posturing to vote MMM.
Hal is posturing to vote MMM.
Somb is posturing to vote MMM.

Hah I didn't see this on the next page. I definitely wanted to vote him earlier before he came back but his over-the-top return definitely gave me pause.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I keep going back and forth on Sal but the longer he lingers throughout the day popping in fairly regularly and STILL not really making cases and making excuses why he isn't the more I feel like my original read on him was correct.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ah I missed the post where Sal admitted to giving the gun to AA. Once again I don't know that I'm particularly moved to think that claim makes someone especially town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can see the case on spacing, she has made herself present enough to agree with popular cases and to ask questions that make her look involved but don't seem to lead anywhere. That's generally my scum MO when I can't always stay on top of the thread.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I can't really put it into works yet (still pretty early here) but I don't feel good about Somber, usually I feel like he's a little more... aggressive(?) as town and something about his posting this game is rubbing me the wrong way. Maybe it feels more reactionary than it usually does.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also I can't really put it into works yet (still pretty early here) but I don't feel good about Somber, usually I feel like he's a little more... aggressive(?) as town and something about his posting this game is rubbing me the wrong way. Maybe it feels more reactionary than it usually does.

I had the same feeling but can't really put it into words yet.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I kinda thought there was a bunch of content I missed today but really there's not much else there.

I understand the case on siv, but I feel like merk has the wrong read on d1 and I don't get that.

i sorta feel like the first quote there addresses the second? i mean you weren't even there at deadline. few votes were moving at all and there were just a couple viable candidates at the time, as evidenced by my hal push. i can definitely see that being frustrating.

soda i could see here but she strikes me as a lurker more than anything. i'll reread her history now.

...and part of it is that somb put out a very light defense of SiV which looks like a scum buddy trying to help a scum buddy.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

merk posted:

That's four people saying they'd vote MMM, two votes on MMM, and me on the fence but wouldn't be real happy with the vote. That would be 7 votes and we're 10 hours from deadline. Is that too easy or are some of those people scum distancing from scum?

yeah i think ur right. im gonna ##unvote rn since the vote was mostly just to pressure him into giving his actual reads but now it’s likely he’ll get actually lunched and im bout to head to work

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

merk posted:

Hello, why’d you skip the SiV case?

i didnt intend to sry, just didnt actually have much insight to add because i mostly agree with it and wanted to vote mmm to place more pressure on him to explain himself. i should get off work in time to be around for deadline

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

fool_of_sound posted:

basically being deliberately confusing and unhelpful sure as hell isn't doing town any favors

I feel personally attacked.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
still catching up but what a bout a possible, merk, soda, huma team

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

still catching up but what a bout a possible, merk, soda, huma team

Town would be absolutely hosed.

I’ll be making some more posts here right now, work finally slowed down.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

In time.

In the meantime I'd like announce another read of mine, you'll hate this one merk, it's a town read on hum.

This is bad. Feels like he was just trying to drum up controversy.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

so people who i don't think we should kill today:

sal, softclaim
AA, has a gun which if verifiable. doesn't indicate alignment but still worth observing his decision
merk, who seems to be continuously generating content and i feel pretty good about.

reviewing as many active cases as i have time for in the next half-hour or so then voting.

I think it could easily be Sal and AA playing some sort of scum gambit tbh. Sal is still being incredibly evasive in making any sort of cases (in before someone does that super cringe “ur not casing either lol” bullshit) despite multiple people asking him to make any read on anyone besides the 3 people that called him scum day 1.

AA has settled back into a very in the background style of posting that doesn’t jive well with me.

I agree on merk.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

flerp posted:

i didnt intend to sry, just didnt actually have much insight to add because i mostly agree with it and wanted to vote mmm to place more pressure on him to explain himself. i should get off work in time to be around for deadline

I don’t think MMM will respond to pressure. He’s too busy with his video mafia beer league thing.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

spacing in vienna posted:

Strongest scum vibe atm is MMM, because all his d1 scum hunting felt like checking off a box of "oh, I can count that as a scum tell, there we go."

AA probably isn't a good vote today because of the gun and all but his posts feel artificial.

Rereading this game is a clusterfuck of slap fights, meltdowns, and posts that make no sense. So I need to do a thorough reread at some point but I'm just dreading it right now.

This feels like a scum post to me as a quick gut read.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’ll be around most of today, minus when I go for a run after work (well before deadline).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think it could easily be Sal and AA playing some sort of scum gambit tbh. Sal is still being incredibly evasive in making any sort of cases (in before someone does that super cringe “ur not casing either lol” bullshit) despite multiple people asking him to make any read on anyone besides the 3 people that called him scum day 1.

AA has settled back into a very in the background style of posting that doesn’t jive well with me.

I agree on merk.

I totally agree this is fair criticism. Had I realized that my job was going to be as busy as it is I probably wouldn't have signed up to play, but hindsight is 20/20. I will make some definitive reads here shortly but I agree with others saying the case on MMM is just way too easy. I feel like if we had caught scum that it would be like trying to grab an eel with your bare hands.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Basically I'm reading the thread and trying to follow were the arguments are. I feel like I'm not really "driving" this game, I'm more of a passenger who is passively playing and I don't really think thats a good way to play Mafia, but I really don't have the time to be more active. But I'm not saying I want to be voted out or that I'm stepping out of the game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

Basically I'm reading the thread and trying to follow were the arguments are. I feel like I'm not really "driving" this game, I'm more of a passenger who is passively playing and I don't really think thats a good way to play Mafia, but I really don't have the time to be more active. But I'm not saying I want to be voted out or that I'm stepping out of the game.

Yeah, I'm here as well.

I feel like scum is likely to be Soda, Somber and Huma or MMM or both, 4/1/11 isn't a bad ratio for player spread.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I would happily move to AS.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Yeah, I'm here as well.

I feel like scum is likely to be Soda, Somber and Huma or MMM or both, 4/1/11 isn't a bad ratio for player spread.

Um, 4/1/11/1, or do I just not even exist in your world?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I forgot about Keane, does Keane count in the total player count? If he does, my tinfoil theory that he activates after X # game phases might be true, but it's moot because it's nothing we can verify unless mod reveales something.

3/2/11 I guess.

3 scum
luncher
stump
11 town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Um, 4/1/11/1, or do I just not even exist in your world?

I was doing some work and forgot that I forgot to include the legend.

Are you a killer that has yet to activate? AN usurper for a GF maybe? What's your deal.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
My tinfoil theory is that there's a warden and scum get to bust Keane out of they kill him.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mafia Discord posted:

K-E-🤺 -N-E 04/10/2019
GK I am sorry that I missed sign ups for, your game.

Boppin' George Kansas 04/10/2019
it's all good
if you'd like, i can make you a stump, stumps are fun

He's a stump.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I have the most powerful weapon of all, my friends.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

He's a stump.

Then 15 player game 3 scum 1 3p 11 town and Keane

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not voting MMM yet because I want him to come back to the thread and explain himself, not just make showy posts and disappear again. And we have hours until deadline.

Also, I've been on MMM since before d1 ended, because of his interaction with the Fisk vote.

I keep going back to the Fisk lynch because it feels like fully half the people voting for him didn't even think he was scum so much as aggravating.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

Out of curiosity, why didn't you vote one of them right here and now?

This was a weird reaction to fos jokephase commentary over the sal kumba avatar fiasco.

fool_of_sound posted:

one of you has to change your avatar or im going to vote to kill one of you until it succeeds

Even though fos doesn't vote it is clear that this is a joke.

What did somber seek to gain?

Somberbrero posted:

Not trying to rile you up, but why even go down that rabbit hole this early on? If Keane has anything to hide, he's not going to share it with us.

It wasn't that you were being polite that flagged me.

It establishes these empty points that can only serve to politely smear the person you target with the question by challenging their logic or process without attaching it to motivation.

It's you saying "not trying to offend, but this really goes no where." This may be a true and good statement, but what do you think it says about the player?

What are YOU saying about the player?

It's a spot light to direct attention to, but allow observers to fill in the blank.

Subtle.

Or at least that's how I feel about it...

Somberbrero posted:

I sorta brought it up, but fisk's answer made me pause for a second. I don't think that's super scummy.

Admittedly, in my confessional, I notate with a :thunk: that this looked good in response.

BUT...

Somberbrero posted:

Tone is self conscious and nervous

Reads as though AA had the conclusion they were going to get to before they started writing the pist,. calls me out several times but I'm only a maybe, mentioned in a follow-up post when he realized he forgot to bring me up, probably one in his list of scum is his scumbuddy.

Drive-by dumps like that are what scum do when they want to post but can't find a natural transition into the conversation, I used to do the same thing back in the day

Somberbrero posted:

Here you pick out one point to respond to in my argument and then ignore the rest as they're harder to address. I'm pretty sure you are scum.

Your ignoring the context of your own post. You do this long write-up calling out several posters, Toal plays a comparatively minor part in that write-up, so it's curious that you would see Toal as the scummiest. I don't get why you're acting like this is such a strange reaction.

Somberbrero posted:

If you think there's any way I'm going to try to break down your insane Gordian post, you are mistaken.

Notice how you're trying to undermine my credibility by mocking me rather than engaging in real discussion. You're also still not voting me. You also don't care to explain your actual vote, probably because you can't. All of this suggests to me that you are not interested in finding scum.
:allears:

I mean I would gladly engage with you in discussion if you weren't hypocritically refusing to engage in discussion.

Your "points" are that my toal vote was unexplained, and that I wasn't voting you.

However at that time I felt most strongly that toal was scum, something I've already voiced as well.

Somberbrero posted:

I feel like AA dropped some shady responses and then vanished to avoid having to respond to me.

I'm busy, but seeing as you actually refused to engage, it is moot.

You should quote said shady comments.

More in a bit, I m going to be late getting back to work playing mafia at lunch lmao

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Would AA go through all this effort as scum at lunch? That is my real question

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somberbrero posted:

I understand the case on siv, but I feel like merk has the wrong read on d1 and I don't get that.

i want to repeat myself so that somber responds. what part of the siv case do you agree with? unless this was just you playing the middle and not really committing to anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

Would AA go through all this effort as scum at lunch? That is my real question

yes