Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm okay with voting Somber but the swerve onto him I don't really get. It doesn't seem that well explained. I would have thought AA or I would have started that vote. Hal what is your case against somber?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hum why did you vote Somber?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

I'm okay with voting Somber but the swerve onto him I don't really get. It doesn't seem that well explained. I would have thought AA or I would have started that vote. Hal what is your case against somber?

I said earlier that he hasn't felt right to me this game. I didn't love his attempt to move onto me yesterday apropos of nothing right near deadline and his explanation for why he changed his tune today wasn't particularly compelling and felt a little like backtracking off a fake read since he had nothing to begin with.

Then as I said, in general he isn't giving me the vibe I get from him as town. He's more passive... often as town he comes right out of the gate on D1 with cases and he's just not as forthcoming this game.

But I am also more than happy to vote Sal, MMM, spacing and really just about anyone but those four are my best reads right now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What the gently caress is going on right now with this Somber vote? This seems super weird.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I hope town executes town, then I won't feel bad about hopping in with cases. If town executes scum I'm going to continue playing my small wooden flute.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm uncomfortable with the vote splitting like this near deadline. I am equally convinced that somb is scum but we need to pick one. Who's better to lynch *now*?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi I'm at work until 6 at least. I'm a power role. I don't have time to process the flood of content today. I feel like the push on me is weird but I guess I would, huh? Feel weird about steak hedging on me now that I pick up traction and hum coming in outta nowhere. I'll check in when I get off if I have to claim. I have no idea who is a viable candidate other than spacing, I don't feel that confident about them as scum but also they're not me. I also wonder when we're ever going to address mmm but if they have a Toal case maybe people would read their words instead of mine so that'd be cool.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Just lol if town votes somber after telling me I'm wrong for 2 days

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Who told you you were wrong?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

aa who do you want to vote out today between these two, if you had to.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be clear i would rather vote out spacing

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote spacing

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

-3 and an hour to go. Are we going to do this do you think?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I mean this in the most positive we need to come to a decision now because there's no time left really.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m fine voting spacing, they are both gut reads for me

##vote spacing

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Here, and I'll be here until deadline. ##vote MMM for bailing on the thread and hoping no one would notice.

For all everyone called it an "easy" lynch, votes have completely failed to materialize. He was at all of 2 votes before someone unvoted for fear he'd get lynched.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Flerp started this case, and yet isn't voting at one hour until deadline.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

spacing in vienna posted:

Here, and I'll be here until deadline. ##vote MMM for bailing on the thread and hoping no one would notice.

For all everyone called it an "easy" lynch, votes have completely failed to materialize. He was at all of 2 votes before someone unvoted for fear he'd get lynched.

I think MMM was the only one to call it that.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think MMM was the only one to call it that.

Nope, there was a page or two of that, let me get quotes.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

I hate to say this, but I think MMM is right that he's the 'easy' lynch that scum will try to move the game towards today.

SiV is posturing to vote MMM.
Hal is posturing to vote MMM.
Somb is posturing to vote MMM.

merk posted:

eh, good point. I'm more interested in the thread slowly coming to a boil on MMM's lynch, and it feels too easy.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree with this 100%. MMM feels like such an easy vote today and I don't like how he's become the default. He's not cleared as wotn to me quite, but I definitely want to look around elsewhere

flerp posted:

yeah i think ur right. im gonna ##unvote rn since the vote was mostly just to pressure him into giving his actual reads but now it’s likely he’ll get actually lunched and im bout to head to work

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Again, flerp unvoted when MMM was at two. I literally had twice as many votes on me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

All of those posts are talking about how MMM feels like he's too easy to vote for and that's why they won't vote for him.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Again, flerp unvoted when MMM was at two. I literally had twice as many votes on me.

who is mmms scum team/ second most scummy read today?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

u complain about me missing the context and then u miss the context around my unvote. there was like four other people saying that they would vote MMM and so i unvoted so he wouldnt get hammered while i was at work.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

aa who do you want to vote out today between these two, if you had to.

You could be pulling it over my eyes, but I feel like this is coolpaz maybe. I just dont agree with your reads.

I want to vote humalong or soda.

If it comes to it, I'll vote somber because I pushed them hard for something, after 2 re reads and former interactions, I believe to be part of their play style

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

You could be pulling it over my eyes, but I feel like this is coolpaz maybe. I just dont agree with your reads.

I want to vote humalong or soda.

If it comes to it, I'll vote somber because I pushed them hard for something, after 2 re reads and former interactions, I believe to be part of their play style

Alignment null

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

who is mmms scum team/ second most scummy read today?

I'm not good at spotting teammates / interactions pre-flip, so this is who else I'd vote.

AA and Sal keep saying that the gun clears them in some way. They don't even have to be the same alignment the way Huma's alleging; scum could have an inventor, scum could receive an item. Sal I'm neutral on at the moment, but AA's scummy.

Flerp keeps ninjaing in and out of the thread any time people notice he hasn't posted in a while, not saying much, and disappearing.

Oh hey, look, he posted while I was previewing.

Also, for all I'm neutral on Sal, he seems way more obsessed with litigating who voted him yesterday and why than actually hunting scum, like he's intent on self preservation.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote siv MMM still makes me mad but siv is a strong case and lunching him gives us more info than whatever a MMM lunch gives us

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

flerp posted:

u complain about me missing the context and then u miss the context around my unvote. there was like four other people saying that they would vote MMM and so i unvoted so he wouldnt get hammered while i was at work.

They were arguing that they wouldn't actually vote him, because it felt too easy. He wasn't even the vote leader. Why were you so scared of MMM having a whole two votes on him?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i work most of the day and can only pop in for a couple posts here and there. peak posting time is like always when im working so its been v annoying

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yeah I would add flerp to the list of people I am suspect of this game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

i work most of the day and can only pop in for a couple posts here and there. peak posting time is like always when im working so its been v annoying

Not because of this though, I totally get this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

should i just hammer

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

They were arguing that they wouldn't actually vote him, because it felt too easy. He wasn't even the vote leader. Why were you so scared of MMM having a whole two votes on him?

a lot of people were like “yeah MMM is really scummy” and then i got some reservations and was like ok ima be at work for like 8 hours and have no idea how this day might develop so i should unvote so i can make sure my vote isnt on somebody i dont want it to be on. thats all that was

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not because of this though, I totally get this

Yeah no I don't have access at work either, it's a bitch.

But I don't buy "I was scared that MMM's two votes would doom him" when he wasn't even the vote leader. Like, I think I was at five.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IDK I'd like to think that if MMM didn't want to play and he was scum he'd swap out or something. I agree with Merk that the vote on MMM would have been easy as I was also very willing to go MMM. Of course saying you'd vote someone and actually pushing them to lunch is very different things and no one has really tested MMM like that. I think that the case on SIV around deadline yesterday is pretty decent though and I'm going to hang on to that.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Driving home now but yeah I'm not buying the SiV case still and don't like this train over MMM at all. I'm not switching my vote unless it's that or no lunch.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

should i just hammer

Can we swing flerp?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
And yeah mmm's entire contribution to the thread so far as been self serving enigmatic bullshit and i hate that people are buying his stupid 'actually I'm the path of least resistance and scum are pushing me' crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I just got a massive order that was supposed to come in tomorrow dumped on my lap so I'm in hell I'll ##vote mmm siv is here and trying and he hasn't been