Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hi merk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hey

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I said friends.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Greetings

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I was talking to FoS

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
If only fisk didn't act so scummy.... maybe he'd still be with us.....

also lol at not claiming tracker which is pretty testable day 1 and we would have a lot of evidence on the table for future days. I'd have preferred we lunched me and spared him at this rate.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ghost: let them burn their hand, etc :ghost:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
can't believe the guy who decided to be a prick instead of claiming or anything else got lynched day one

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote toal

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Hey GK can I ask something? Was there actually possible vote fuckery at deadline, or was votefinder just being weird?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

This feels like a scum post.

##vote sal

Mr. Humalong posted:

no i think i understood it completely, scum

Mr. Humalong posted:

Sal how about some reads that aren't just you defending your scumocity? Make some connections we can work off of once we flip you and get the rest of your team real shook.

Humalong votes Sal and rides it out through all of d1. He doesn't really do any scumhunting outside of these three posts besides to comment negatively on the Toal meta (which I agree with).

Humalong isn't looking to question his read at any point during the day. He just responds to Sal posts with 'lol look at this scum' type of stuff.

This isn't a town player trying to find scum. This is a scum player putting out an early vote and and mentioning it every now and again to make it sound realistic.

##vote Humalong

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I don't think this is a great vote. All you have is the meta point which is demonstrably not correct. Do you have anything else?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

merk posted:

All you have is the meta point which is demonstrably not correct.

Wait, didn't you bring up the meta point in question? What changed?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fool_of_sound posted:

I read more Toal games.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886385&userid=37071&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post494215728

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Towards the end of the day, I started to go back and read Hal to make a better case on them, but I talked myself out of it. Other than the joke vote becoming serious after the fact, there's not much there, I just wasn't sure excited for the taste dunk and wanted to get something else going. Wondering if there's something to read into on the multiple hammers. Now I gotta get back to work but I'll check in tonight.'

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

I don't think this is a great vote. All you have is the meta point which is demonstrably not correct. Do you have anything else?

I'm voting toal because of their play in this game, not their established meta.

As FoS stated, you actually linked the town stream of consciousness.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Towards the end of the day, I started to go back and read Hal to make a better case on them, but I talked myself out of it. Other than the joke vote becoming serious after the fact, there's not much there, I just wasn't sure excited for the taste dunk and wanted to get something else going. Wondering if there's something to read into on the multiple hammers. Now I gotta get back to work but I'll check in tonight.'

Please read Humalong and let me know what you think.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm voting toal because of their play in this game, not their established meta.

As FoS stated, you actually linked the town stream of consciousness.

Where is your case on Toal's play that isn't the meta point?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah weird how I kept my vote on the scum and didn’t vote the town player yesterday.

Wait.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

spacing in vienna posted:

Hey GK can I ask something? Was there actually possible vote fuckery at deadline, or was votefinder just being weird?

Votefinder asfaik isn't set up to automatically post at 🔨, you have to enable it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Humalong votes Sal and rides it out through all of d1. He doesn't really do any scumhunting outside of these three posts besides to comment negatively on the Toal meta (which I agree with).

Humalong isn't looking to question his read at any point during the day. He just responds to Sal posts with 'lol look at this scum' type of stuff.

This isn't a town player trying to find scum. This is a scum player putting out an early vote and and mentioning it every now and again to make it sound realistic.

##vote Humalong

Humalong also avoids the Fisk case altogether...

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah weird how I kept my vote on the scum and didn’t vote the town player yesterday.

Wait.

LOL and uses that today to try to look townie.

:siren: THIS IS A SCUM PLAYER :siren:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I can't believe nobody is asking the guy who was in the center of town if anybody visited Kaschei.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

That you're delving so deeply into one players meta is curious... almost as if you two are collaborating on the matter.

Merk: *provided meta reasons for scum*
Toal: cutting it close there, here's a not before disclosed town example of this bad play.
Merk: weak point, demonstratable as untrue.
FoS: weird. Didnt you suggest it.
Merk: immediate link providing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
That's weird, my man.

Do you disagree?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Please read Humalong and let me know what you think.

I mean your case that hum isn't really scumhunting is accurate, I don't think riding his sal vote is incredibly scum in context. I would vote hum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The janitored kill is weird but unless someone happened to watch kaschei last night I don’t think we’re getting anywhere with that

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Please vote me out today so merk realizes how bad he is at this.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

fool_of_sound posted:

... This happened in thread. Someone (?Hum?) linked merk to examples counteracting the meta point, and merk changed his mind and backed off. Did you miss that?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

That you're delving so deeply into one players meta is curious... almost as if you two are collaborating on the matter.

Toal: cutting it close there, here's a not before disclosed town example of this bad play.

Dude that's some ridiculous conjecture, you can't build a case based on what you think is happening outside the thread. The fact that merk correctly pivoted on Toal is a point in his favor as far as I'm concerned, it would have been easy to keep pushing it today.

Okay okay back to work

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

Please vote me out today so merk realizes how bad he is at this.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Well, AA, I can support the sentiment.

With an lyncher flipped there were probably scum on the fisk vote, easily 2-3.

My gut tells me Merk is town this game.

Jonathan Fisk (11): Toalpaz, kumba, spacing in vienna, Toalpaz, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, spacing in vienna, fool_of_sound, fool_of_sound, MMM Whatchya Say, Toalpaz, merk, flerp, fool_of_sound, Mr. Steak, Somberbrero, Mr. Steak, Somberbrero, kaschei, spacing in vienna, Mr. Steak, Hal Incandenza, SalTheBard

Looking at this, and assuming that Merk and I are town. The people who look the worst on this vote are probably MMM, and Flerp. Imo.

I really want to FOS FoS and MrS, but they're new to the game and all their votes and unvotes are kinda how they've been acting. In my gut Somber was attacking AA pretty hard and running intercept in a way that vaguely got me suspect that he's distancing himself from the scum saying I was suspect. The fact that end of day he's voting Fisk is pretty null, but he's my dark horse for being positioned so much differently than many other players on the vote.

Sal has been acting very defensive to the extent that I'd call it suspect, but it would be easily remedied by Sal investigating other players rather than complaining about votes on him.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Toal's enthusiasm for death yesterday seemed indicative that they didnt care who died so long as someone did.

Shifting votes, no real conviction, etc.

Read as scummy, but possibly as a 3p killer. However, my strong merk suspicion carried through the night as well. And him not only providing. But instant defusing with meta is peculiar

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Humalong posted:

The janitored kill is weird but unless someone happened to watch kaschei last night I don’t think we’re getting anywhere with that

Not to be a dick but that's kind of a non-statement isn't it?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

fool_of_sound posted:

can't believe the guy who decided to be a prick instead of claiming or anything else got lynched day one

He soft claimed, and even said so in thread.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

Dude that's some ridiculous conjecture, you can't build a case based on what you think is happening outside the thread. The fact that merk correctly pivoted on Toal is a point in his favor as far as I'm concerned, it would have been easy to keep pushing it today.

Okay okay back to work

It's a good thing I dont care about how YOU play mafia and I will continue to focus on how I play it.

Back to work.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

My Toal vote was 100% based on his meta. I dived in further to see if it was correct. Its' not.

This took all of five minutes after remembering a few other games I played with Toal.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

spacing in vienna posted:

... This happened in thread. Someone (?Hum?) linked merk to examples counteracting the meta point, and merk changed his mind and backed off. Did you miss that?

I'm not spotting it going back a couple pages, maybe I just overlooked it?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

Not to be a dick but that's kind of a non-statement isn't it?

You're making the non statement here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

I can't believe nobody is asking the guy who was in the center of town if anybody visited Kaschei.

Did anyone visit Kaschei?