Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

spacing in vienna posted:

Can we swing flerp?

Not with 23 minutes left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

spacing in vienna posted:

Can we swing flerp?

:rolleyes:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

SalTheBard posted:

Not with 23 minutes left.

Sal what do you want?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
We can swing MMM! I believe in you guys!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
are we going to make it i overslept

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##vote Siv

I feel ok with this vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:redhammer:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

lol that gif everytime

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Atomic Soda posted:

lol that gif everytime

What appears on my screen is "this content is unavailable." Which is kind of funny in its own way.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Something funny was happening. First a criminal accomplice is shot in the middle of town, and then people start disappearing. Plains City isn't big enough for this kinda trouble. A group of residents start gathering around, trying to determine who could be behind this. Fingers are pointed, guns are drawn, and a moment later somebody's dead on the ground.

spacing in vienna - Terrance Freeman - Vandal (scum-aligned assassin) has been executed D2!

It is now N2.
Get in your night actions before 7pm EDT tomorrow.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

spacing in vienna (7): merk, Toalpaz, Mr. Steak, Atomic Soda, Atomic Soda, Atomic Soda, Hal Incandenza, merk, Hal Incandenza, merk, Mr. Humalong, flerp, SalTheBard
MMM Whatchya Say (3): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, fool_of_sound, flerp, flerp, spacing in vienna, Somberbrero
Somberbrero (1): Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, merk, merk, Mr. Humalong
Mr. Humalong (1): merk, merk, merk, merk, Anomalous Amalgam
Toalpaz (1): Anomalous Amalgam, MMM Whatchya Say, Anomalous Amalgam
flerp (0): merk, Toalpaz, merk, Toalpaz
SalTheBard (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Atomic Soda (0): merk, merk, merk, merk

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 17th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Another day, another death. And… another disappearance? Plains City is turning into all ‘round warfare, some kinda twisted street justice. Marshals are being called in from surrounding counties, and people are even hearing chatter about the US Army being deployed. Too much drat noise and tragedy for such a pleasant area.

SalTheBard - Monroe Mitcham - Gunsmith (town-aligned inventor) was killed N2!

Merk - ??? - ??? (??? ???) disappeared N2!

It is now D3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (10): Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, flerp, fool_of_sound, Hal Incandenza, MMM Whatchya Say, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, Somberbrero, Toalpaz

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 21st, 2019 at 7 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 21 hours.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Finally, merk will stop saying I'm just a stump.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AA did you kill Sal with his own gun?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

If that Sunday night deadline really sucks we can move it to Monday, but it would be a reaaally long day so I'm open to feedback.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nooooo saaaaaal 😭

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

:negative:

I really hosed that one up. I am so sorry Sal.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I reread the game again and thought maybe sal actually was a scum inventor because of the way SIV regarded them.

I have made a huge mistake

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goddamn aa.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
:ghost: gently caress youuuuu AA!!!!:ghost:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I figured the gun would only work on them, and not on anyone else and locked in my action with gk because I'm an idiot.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

It was an honest lapse of judgment swear on everything!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My reads are all off this game.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

My reads are all off this game.

i am reading you as a town who is hopelessly wrong about everything
(except somber)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

i am reading you as a town who is hopelessly wrong about everything
(except somber)

I should have trust my gut and killed him or MMM but I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote MMM

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Well poo poo I was wrong about spacing. I'm bust at the moment, but in addition to MMM, didn't you have a theory of Atomic Soda being spacing's scum buddy yesterday Steak? I'm going to take another look at that.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fool_of_sound posted:

Well poo poo I was wrong about spacing. I'm bust at the moment, but in addition to MMM, didn't you have a theory of Atomic Soda being spacing's scum buddy yesterday Steak? I'm going to take another look at that.

No I didnt. That was about MMM

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

SalTheBard posted:

lol gees

I reread the game again and thought maybe sal actually was a scum inventor because of the way SIV regarded them.

I have made a huge mistake

space was pushing sal though what made you think this

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Yeah soda was strong on the SIV lunch.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

fool_of_sound posted:

riiight

i'm begining to have a theory that you might be scum fool.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Oh oops misremembered.

Mr. Steak posted:

i'm rather suspicious of how SiV has been positioning herself day 2.

I've read over all of today where she was active, and there are certain constants about her posts. For one thing, she never, and I mean NEVER calls people scummy. She'll point out inconsistencies or say "this sounds off" or even "this sounds like something a scum might do" but she is never direct with her accusations. That made her post responsing to AS a little while ago actually using the S word against MMM stand out to me. Keep in mind that even other times she has responded to direct questions about who she thinks are scum, she used the same deflective language prior to this.

Why does that ping me though? Because it came about 6 hours after I'd accused the two of them of being in scum chat together. They'd just chatted so fast they actually got off 8 messages in direct response to each other in 16 minutes, and were then quite active for the next half hour, but then after I posted that and voted for SiV (2-10 mintes after their last posts respectively), silence from both of them for 6 hours. Perhaps they needed to plan how to improve their distancing from one another. This leads to SiV making her single most positioned post all game. That she reads MMM as scum. Hmmm.

Another thing is that she devotes herself to single-post analysis. She posts quite a lot of quotes in order to poke their weak arguments or ask probing questions of the poster, VERY few quotes in order to agree with them or strengthen their argument (tell me if you find any), and essentially all of the analysis posts were based entirely within the bounds of the post she quoted. A few times she quoted something to ask about a changed opinion from before, but it never got more outside the quote than that. And it's very apparent how many of her overall posts are quote posts like that.

This makes me question: has she actually been reading/rereading people? Scum don't need to read people's posting histories or look for trends, is the thing, and SiV has not shown that she has been doing so. Also the targets of her post attacks are absolutely all over the place. Even after positioning herself on MMM she jumped to throw suspicion on Toal's and AA's posts real quick. Based on the content of her analysis and the quotes she choose to criticise this game day, I can't see why she'd choose to call MMM her biggest scum read over a bunch of others.

Honk honk all aboard the ##vote MMM train

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

lol gees

space was pushing sal though what made you think this

Space also kept referring to sal as null or giving them passes

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

If you're dead don't comment on the game~~~

Only Stumps have that right.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I figured the gun would only work on them, and not on anyone else and locked in my action with gk because I'm an idiot.

what in the world made you think that?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

what in the world made you think that?

I'm an idiot

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey fellas, I'm back. I missed the other day because I was sick and throwing up a bunch and didn't want to post which is a lovely excuse, but it's the reality. The pro league is done so I can engage with this more now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rip Merk.

Merk was a town Mason recruiter who recruits people into one on one masonries and who recruited me n1. Our biggest scum pick after flip was Somber, who seems to have been soft defending SIV most of yesterday. I've tried to think of a good gambit to do with my knowledge of his role but it probably is best to reveal everything I know.

We full claimed to each other, he played a gambit and I responded in a way that was Townie, he dropped his casing of me D2, and we applied pressure together on MMM, SIV, and Somber.