Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think I'll need some time to process how exactly I feel about toal's claim here, since there are a few ways this could play out (your mason partner dying after you both reveal info isn't a great look, but I think merk dies anyway there based on the SIV push)

I think somber and FoS are good ones to look at today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
What was the reason for the secretive vote on me yesterday mmm?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anyways ##vote Somber

Toalpaz posted:

Rip Merk.

Merk was a town Mason recruiter who recruits people into one on one masonries and who recruited me n1. Our biggest scum pick after flip was Somber, who seems to have been soft defending SIV most of yesterday. I've tried to think of a good gambit to do with my knowledge of his role but it probably is best to reveal everything I know.

We full claimed to each other, he played a gambit and I responded in a way that was Townie, he dropped his casing of me D2, and we applied pressure together on MMM, SIV, and Somber.

Yeah FOS was the other player that Merk was suspicious of.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

What was the reason for the secretive vote on me yesterday mmm?

I thought your posting was suspicious. I phrased it the way I did because I thought it would be funny. I was also in the process of trolling merk to see how he would he would react (the reaction of no longer talking to or about me and then instantly finding scum was pretty good I'd say)

I cannot recall the exact reasoning as it's been a bit, but I recall your posting being erratic in a way I didn't like, and you were worth pressuring me since you were in my POE

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Posts/Series of posts where Somber is defending SIV.

This is a conversation that follows immediately after Merk and I post cases on SIV. Somber enters thread out of no where insinuating that I'm third party hunting, and trying to put words in my mouth to make me look scummy. Somber makes several wild accusations hoping to antagonize me.

Merk broke it down saying that Somber just doesn't want to talk about SIV anymore and trying to shift gears.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886385&pagenumber=24&perpage=40#post494296673

Here is Somber defending SIV again by attacking Merk's case without offering a valid lunch candidate in exchange. Defending SIV for no reason, however we know now that she was scum.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886385&userid=147412&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post494315940

Somber was pushing pretty heavily end of day for a shift onto MMM. Merk came to the conclusion that SIV was not bussing scum end of day, rather they were fighting to push onto MMM who by all means should have been the path of least resistance because he was AFK.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm tired and I have been drinking because today sucked. I think Toal is town and I suck at mafia but maybe not as much as AA.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
My guess would be fool or AA. I feel like I have harped on the AA thing a lot and no one has super cared, so I will probably be the vote today and that sucks because it feels like I've done nothing for us this game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

My guess would be fool or AA. I feel like I have harped on the AA thing a lot and no one has super cared, so I will probably be the vote today and that sucks because it feels like I've done nothing for us this game.

At least you didn't shoot your gunevolent gunefactor in the face with the gun they built for you...

I don't know what went wrong... I made the right move then I made a very wrong move.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somberbrero posted:

u'll have a better chance of surviving if you tell us about your power role you claimed yesterday

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Space also kept referring to sal as null or giving them passes

ok i see it just seems like a really odd choice, i realise its hypocritical but i'm also used to you posting alot more, plus the posts yesterday around space were bad. i keep vacilating between scum and it just being aa (sorry aa)

Mr. Steak posted:

u'll have a better chance of surviving if you tell us about your power role you claimed yesterday

i'm also wondering this somber is suspect for yesterday, i'm pretty suss of fos as well

i believe toal, i feel better about mmm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

That's in no way a suspicious remark

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i cant tell if youre being sarcastic

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
who are your scum reads atm aa?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

who are your scum reads atm aa?

Eh tbh I don't know

Gut says mmm, but that partly relied on merk being scum. The whole "this mmm lunch feels too easy" looked funny to me.

That doesn't absolve MMM since merk is town though and MMMs presence or weird toal vote look like lurking scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It's almost as suspicious as "I thought this gun would only work on Sal!"

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Sal, still avoiding providing any reads
AA, he’s toned down the crazy today which IME means he’s scum
Somber or SiV would be my gut reads for third scum

Idk if there are 3 or 4 in this game

There’s plenty of time until deadline and I said I would be around for it.

Could my gut reads be the only correct ones?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Eh tbh I don't know

Gut says mmm, but that partly relied on merk being scum. The whole "this mmm lunch feels too easy" looked funny to me.

That doesn't absolve MMM since merk is town though and MMMs presence or weird toal vote look like lurking scum

you said earlier you should have killed mmm or somber but then you make that comment at steak, which seems inconsistent. you have changed your mind?

what looks funny about the mmm lunch feeling easy thing? tbh this post confuses me:

- your gut says mmm, but that partly relied on merk being scum*
- mmm lunch feels too easy looks funny
- this doesn't absolve mmm since merk is town*
- mmm's presence/weird toal vote look like lurking scum (i agree with this but the other points don't flow at all)

*can you explain this to me

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
That's just how I feel about it.

Somber is mostly because I had such a strong scum read on them earlier in the game.

MMM because a large part of my night phase deliberation was picking a target to use the gun on because towards the end of the day after my 2nd read of the game I decided maybe sombers play was maybe just how they played.

And in hindsight I shouldn't have stopped shaking that ragdoll in my gelatinous jowls because I was probably right.

It's just the unexpected vote shift to somber made me think maybe it was me who was loving up, and now after much second guessing and four total reads of the game, I can say yes, it is I who am loving up.

The sal thing was mostly a logic fail. That's not how scum inventors work. I submitted a kill on a player. And messaged in a panic 20 minutes later after finishing the 3rd read that I was probably loving up and going to die, but locked in a kill on sal.

I was probably one of the last actions in because I couldn't make up my mind.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Then I goofed as you all know.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i still believe my read on siv treating mmm like a scumbro is correct, but i also have a strong scum read on somber, so i'd be perfecty ok with whatever town picks between those 2

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i may be stupid for giving aa the benefit of the doubt here, but i just dont see it. i believe he jist really is that stupid lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

i may be stupid for giving aa the benefit of the doubt here, but i just dont see it. i believe he jist really is that stupid lol

Sometimes I'm a Golden God sent from on high, the third-eyed soothsayer and diviner of what is most righteous.

And other times, I'm just a grocery bag that impossibly is holding an aggregate collection of farts that escaped from a hell dimension of hairy asses.

Unfortunately, other times is most times. :v: sorry sal

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

spacing in vienna posted:

Here, and I'll be here until deadline. ##vote MMM for bailing on the thread and hoping no one would notice.

For all everyone called it an "easy" lynch, votes have completely failed to materialize. He was at all of 2 votes before someone unvoted for fear he'd get lynched.

This feels like desperation to me. SiV even goes on to completely misread all the people talking about how MMM felt like an easy vote

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Flerp started this case, and yet isn't voting at one hour until deadline.

More random shade throwing? Or a calculated bus? I don’t know how good Spacing is at handling an impending lunch.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

I'm uncomfortable with the vote splitting like this near deadline. I am equally convinced that somb is scum but we need to pick one. Who's better to lynch *now*?

This also pings me a bit, especially if Somber flips town. This could have been a subtle attempt to save SiV, or it could be genuine town posting. I need to reread Steak.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

to be clear i would rather vote out spacing

Hmm.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

You could be pulling it over my eyes, but I feel like this is coolpaz maybe. I just dont agree with your reads.

I want to vote humalong or soda.

If it comes to it, I'll vote somber because I pushed them hard for something, after 2 re reads and former interactions, I believe to be part of their play style

What changed between deadline yesterday and today for you, AA? You didn’t name me in your list of suspects today.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Atomic Soda posted:

- your gut says mmm, but that partly relied on merk being scum*
- mmm lunch feels too easy looks funny
- this doesn't absolve mmm since merk is town*
- mmm's presence/weird toal vote look like lurking scum (i agree with this but the other points don't flow at all)

*can you explain this to me

these two things* contradict each other though or am i losing it. i'm also having trouble parsing where you landed on somber.

i'm gunna give this a break and take a look at fos before bed

Mr. Steak posted:

please don't

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'm not good at spotting teammates / interactions pre-flip, so this is who else I'd vote.

AA and Sal keep saying that the gun clears them in some way. They don't even have to be the same alignment the way Huma's alleging; scum could have an inventor, scum could receive an item. Sal I'm neutral on at the moment, but AA's scummy.

Flerp keeps ninjaing in and out of the thread any time people notice he hasn't posted in a while, not saying much, and disappearing.

Oh hey, look, he posted while I was previewing.

Also, for all I'm neutral on Sal, he seems way more obsessed with litigating who voted him yesterday and why than actually hunting scum, like he's intent on self preservation.

Well Sal has been cleared since this post. It’s possible AA could be scum that Sal mistakenly gave a gun to, I guess. SiV was really going hard on flerp around deadline, not sure if a good hard bus or desperately trying to swing a mislunch. flerp is hard to pin down because usually they seem rather unengaged.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sorry for breaking all of those into single posts, but I don’t trust Awful app or my clipboard to not eat them if I try to collate. I’ll be much more active this game day than I was day 2, I promise that wasn’t me trying to pad my post count for the day.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi humalong, what do you think of fos?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
with the question of "was siv bussing mmm" on the table, i'll be pragmatic and ##vote somber since that requires less out-of-thread speculation

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

What changed between deadline yesterday and today for you, AA? You didn’t name me in your list of suspects today.

Voting and posts about siv.

Soda is cleared in my mind, you're still a maybe. Feel better about mmm or somber.

4 reads of game

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

This also pings me a bit, especially if Somber flips town. This could have been a subtle attempt to save SiV, or it could be genuine town posting. I need to reread Steak.

bro at this point the only thing that could possibly be sus about me is how unsuspicious i am. unless i was somehow bussing spacing all day

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
which, wow if i was scum i'd probably choose to buss anybody BUT the assassin

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
janitor is useless (and probably mmm), so i'd make the same choice as siv and somb and buss him

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Uh, I don't buy 'SiV wouldn't bus scum' on MMM. She voted MMM but then spent the rest of her time trying to talk people into voting flerp. In either case, the lynch was basically a forgone conclusion at that point, and attacking MM or Flerp could easily be scum trying to give either or both town cred, especially MMM. Also see Steak's theory that I reposted previously.

I think people aren't looking in the right place: the attempted Somber swerve right at the end of d2. The clues here are Humalong and Hal. AA did too but has been having a fight with somber since day 1. Briefly merk but he's cleared and I suspect he was (successfully) trying to get somber to claim. Toalpaz voiced some hesitant support but honestly I feel like his post reads town. Huma and Hal both floated a sudden and weird somber push at the last minute, then swapped to SiV when it was increasingly obvious that was going to be what happened. They did both of these things almost at the same time. Very scummy.

My suspicions about Atomic Soda still stand from yesterday she's several rungs down on my list now.

So tl;dr scumlist is MMM, Humalong, Hal.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fool_of_sound posted:

Uh, I don't buy 'SiV wouldn't bus scum' on MMM. She voted MMM but then spent the rest of her time trying to talk people into voting flerp. In either case, the lynch was basically a forgone conclusion at that point, and attacking MM or Flerp could easily be scum trying to give either or both town cred, especially MMM. Also see Steak's theory that I reposted previously.

I think people aren't looking in the right place: the attempted Somber swerve right at the end of d2. The clues here are Humalong and Hal. AA did too but has been having a fight with somber since day 1. Briefly merk but he's cleared and I suspect he was (successfully) trying to get somber to claim. Toalpaz voiced some hesitant support but honestly I feel like his post reads town. Huma and Hal both floated a sudden and weird somber push at the last minute, then swapped to SiV when it was increasingly obvious that was going to be what happened. They did both of these things almost at the same time. Very scummy.

My suspicions about Atomic Soda still stand from yesterday she's several rungs down on my list now.

the most votes somber got was 3, and was pretty much tied with siv at that point. my opinion was and still is that both were scum. notice how siv never even once tried to cast suspicion on somber at all, even though she was scum and tied with him for votes. considering how simple it would have been to do so (town was generally agreeable about somb being suspicious) what does that make u think...?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

the most votes somber got was 3, and was pretty much tied with siv at that point. my opinion was and still is that both were scum. notice how siv never even once tried to cast suspicion on somber at all, even though she was scum and tied with him for votes. considering how simple it would have been to do so (town was generally agreeable about somb being suspicious) what does that make u think...?

Oh I'm also mistaken and hal didn't switch his vote, only Hum did. You do a have point on somber though. I'll reread d2 in more detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

The lunch on SiV would not have happened if I had not switched back. So there’s a pretty big hole in your argument. Add onto this that Hal wasn’t even someone who swapped but you still include them. Merk swapped to Somber and his flip doesn’t tell us who he was, do you think he could also be scum? Also, do you sincerely think scum would vote on someone with one vote at the same time, then switch back to the vote leader at the same time? You really think that is a play scum would make?

Soda - I’ll have to reread FoS now that they’re desperately trying to float me as scum.