Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't played in ages. Do I need discord to do this, or are PMs okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Okay I tried downloading discord and joining the channel but either I did it wrong or there's nothing to see yet.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Strange... I got my PM, and I can't direct quote, but it pretty much says I'm the best and that I win. Weird...

That's weird that you got my role PM.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kumba posted:

i dont know how to do that, i am not a magician

first person to post a work appropriate avatar sized image with accompanying funny caption will win......... a prize

I don't remember the specs for avatar size and am too lazy to look them up, or else I might.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Bk didn’t give me the gun

##vote Fisk for being a cocktease

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hey nice old avatar merk!

Speaking of avatars, Hal, I just switched to desktop instead of mobile and spotted the amazing meltdown text in yours. What game is that from??

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

let's start this game early, i'm drunk and have nothing to do

I have a dayvig, and I'm going to kill flerp, toalpaz, or kaschei before the night is over

Why those three? Curious if those are your actual reads or just people you thought would react well. Also I read game #1 and that ending was hilarious. I'm picturing you firing off guns with both hands at once.

Somberbrero posted:

i don't get why vigs NEVER keep the gun in their pocket past day one. i guess it makes sense for you since you're some kind of night action magnet but wouldn't it also be cool to shoot someone d3 to check a cop result or something?

True story I had a vig once and held it until like d3 and nailed scum with it on a hunch. It was baller.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also I volunteer to be vigged by Fisk

Why?

I've ascended to the realm of demi gods and turned off avatars so I could better focus on all of your lies.

*hissing sounds through clenched teeth*

I can't play without avs. I'm getting confused enough with Sal and Kumba being twinsies.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

His flavor character was scum (me) last game. I'd like to see how open he is.

He should have a PR where he has to pretend to be you.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Kumba, you should switch avatars to match a different player each game day, and confuse the gently caress out of everyone.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

People who want to extend joke phase are almost always scum

I really don't like this post. It's implying you find someone scummy without actually coming out and saying it, like you just want to throw the accusation out and see if anyone nibbles. With an "almost" in there as a built-in escape hatch to boot.

vote ##SalTheBard

Steak, you said earlier this was only your third game. Was that a joke or is it actually your third game?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Lol I hosed up hang on

##vote SalTheBard

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

Steak, your avatar is annoying. Can someone walk me through how to replace it with something else locally on my browser? Thanks in advance.

Chrome, Firefox, or Safari?

CCKeane posted:

I'm literally in this game just to taunt.

Keane is your avatar/quote from Bebe's Kids? Also if you are just in the game to issue music recs that would be the best role in the history of ever.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not accusing Onset of anything because I feel they are still new enough not to know that anytime conversation is on non game related topics that it's to scums advantage since they can post White nose, hit the required part count or whatever and look like they are actively contributing.

So you're saying it was a Mafia Dad post and I misread your tone. Okay, I guess I can see that. But if so, why didn't you explain to steak why that's the case, instead of just doing a drive-by snipe?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

##vote fool of sound

This guy looks so bad he’s basically the tenth layer

"I know, I will quite literally vote the person who has posted the least. This is pro-tier scumhunting."

I keep trying to read the MMM/merk fight. I don't see the supposed scum slip, but:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yeah, the point isn't a very good reason to base a vote on. By shifting your argument into being about how I am responding to this, you're conceding that anyway.

mmmmmnope. You can learn a lot from how people react under pressure, even if the original point isn't that solid. And poo poo like this:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

wow thats what town players like, pretty good look on you

coupled with the callout on a lurker earlier, just makes you look like you're going for low-hanging fruit.

How do I post votefinder?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

Chrome

Chrome I think you need AdBlocker.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

Defending a lurker. Its not like MMM's case was that intricate, it wasn't fake scum hunting. Voting lurkers is A OK.

"That case is lazy" isn't defending FoS.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

look im just saying spacing, one of us is the best paid online mafia player in the world and it's not you

Do you have groupies? Starcraft pros get groupies, supposedly.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

SIV, read Fool of Sound's actual posts and tell me what you think of them.

They're pretty worthless, except for a weird push on merk, and FoS seems to think showing up when called out exonerates him instead of being even more suspect.

But when you voted FoS at first, he had all of three posts. If you voted him just to force him to participate, great, but are you saying he's scum? If so, based on those first three posts, based on the lurking, or based on the later ones? You haven't mentioned the later ones at all, and lurking is horrible but a null tell. Too many lazy townies.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Fools posting is not great so far but I don’t think there is enough there for an alignment call yet

They are definitely new and awkward still and last game fool told a pointless lie D1 and let it dominate the entire day for no discernible reason

Wait, is FoS a newbie?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

fool_of_sound posted:

oh no i lurked through the worthless joke phase then showed up when people actually made accusations

... so ... are you saying you only showed up to participate in the thread because MMM made a case?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I mean I'm well and good to eccogambit, but yes, I did think that those 3 posts that existed when I made the call out were worse than neutral (I recognize it's a weak push but at that point in the game there was limited content from players that weren't you)

I feel like his first three posts were no different than anyone else's, but I've been assuming your case on him was largely what wasn't there, not what was.

CCKeane posted:

It is, yes! Little Mac bought this for me after I continually demanded that he play Bebe's Kids on his stream.

Music is sinful, SIV.

I was going to ask to be posting bros with you until the second sentence of your post, which is an impressive amount of wrong to pack into four little words.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

It was Mafia Dadding. I thought I made myself clear, in both of Onsets other games I either voted them or vigged them. I find their posting scummy in general but this game I'm taking a different approach. I understand that Onset probably doesn't realize that extending jokephase is scummy. I'm explaining it rather than saying:

"I think Onset is scum for wanting to extend jokephase."

Either I'm misunderstanding you or you're misunderstanding me, I think. My original point was that just saying "People who say X are usually scum" by itself doesn't sound like Mafia Dadding to me -- Mafia Dad would be more "BTW, X is usually a scum move, because of Y and Z, just so you know."

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Atomic Soda posted:

i've actually liked steaks approach and wish i was more like him. he's also relatively new.

How so? The aggressiveness Hal mentioned, or something else? That jars with your next post calling him and FoS twins.

Atomic Soda posted:

space are you suspect of fool for this post, or just not approving?

Suspect, but apparently I misunderstood him. He's saying he showed up in response to the MMM/merk slapfight, not votes on FoS himself, so, moot point.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Well I didn't realize his 3rd game post was an inside joke so my overreading into the early content is a bit invalidated by that, but the second game post about mixing up the avatars stuck out to me as a comment for a low content poster to make. Like, how much can the avatars be messing you up if you're not actually interacting with the thread that much. The 3rd post I thought was weirdly specific and unhelpful in a particularly odd way but that's pretty much been covered by it being a joke.

Not a fan of how the posting has progressed from there, but him being new also botches my read a bit.

.... oh wow when you asked me to read his first three posts, and you quoted him and said he had three posts:

I saw it later, when he had more than three, so I went back and looked at his first three posts total. As in, sign up, confirming, bitching about similar avatars. For the life of me, I couldn't see how any of that seemed any different than any other content from anyone else early on.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

i left a tab open for this because what the heck. vienna, is that a joke? also, have you played mafia before? those are both genuine questions, not just trying to be a dick.

I have, actually, just not in a few years. I've been playing off and on since, I want to say 2009??, but it's way, way more off than on. I resurface every few years to play a few games and then disappear again. When I started, my username was slackerbitch, but I don't remember when I changed it.

So like half the usernames here, I recognize and think I might have played with before, and the other half, I have no clue. So it was a legit question.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Here, and I'll be here until the deadline. Let me try to catch up on all of this.

Actual posts in a mo. First: Fisk, you're reading like very frustrated town to me, but that may just be bias on my part because my response to the past few pages has largely been that they're making my eyes cross. (And sympathy to a fellow migraineur.) If you are town, don't just give up, I don't think you're even the vote leader at this point.

Also: I have no read on toalpaz. Or rather, I've started reading recent games to try to catch up on some of the newer players, and I have thought toal was scum in literally every single one of them, regardless of how they end up flipping, so I'm not sure I can read toal.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

unvoting me is weird. who cares about unvotes. in the context of this latter post where merkman is rehashing stuff to no actual point, it's weirder. Merkenstein is sidling onto a case that has picked up a lot of traction on a very very very neutral point at best.

Do people not unvote any more? I have no idea what point you're making about him unvoting.

Mr. Steak posted:

i do have hal, toal, sal, and hum in my radar for implying that i've acted scummy and providing 0 details, but i dont have any reliable specific takes yet to want to change my vote

This is quite a shift from how you're acting on the current page, wherein you are not only convinced sal is town, but also that only scum could possibly vote for him. Did you ever explain how or why that changed?

merk posted:

I don’t like that people believe this is Merk or MMM.

I'm not sure about this post, because I don't remember it being merk vs MMM for votelead at any point in time. Or are you referring to people reading hte argument and assuming one of the two of you has to be scum?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

Missed this responding to mmm. I asked just because the fool newbie thing was brought up several times today so it seemed weird you missed it.

We were probably active at the same time since I started in 09(oh my god) but I also have the memory of a small bird

Okay, either I missed something or you did, because I feel like it was brought up several times that steak is a newbie, but only once that Fool is, as well. If not, that's where my confusion came in.

I tend to get low-key scummy vibes from new players, which is why I was clarifying whether or not they both actually were.

... did you have an avatar of like one of the dudes from Full House wearing a sombrero, at any point?

Sorry for the m-m-m-mega post. Too lazy to break it out. DOn't kill me mod, count that mega post as 5 unless you're a coward.

AA every time I try to reread your megapost I feel like I can taste paint. I don't even know what I mean by that, but my eyes cross and I can't get any sense out of it? I'm gonig to try to actually dig in this time, but it's probably going to be a high skim just because you seem to have laced that post with my own personal kryptonite.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
OK AA I reread your post. I think I see where you're coming from, at least, even though I disagree with a lot of your conclusions. I think what threw me off at first was that you've thrown at least a little suspicion on, by my count, half of the game.

The more I go back and reread, the more I feel like merk/MMM was a big case of two players talking right past each other and being stubborn about it.

One thing I disagree with:

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Keane, considering we can’t kill you, do you have a win condition?

Somberbrero posted:

Not trying to rile you up, but why even go down that rabbit hole this early on? If Keane has anything to hide, he's not going to share it with us.

Somber's "non-riling" commentary serves what purpose here?
Class, is it a joking comment? No. No...

Is it meant to be a critique of fisk? Yes... well, Somber says that they aren't trying to rile up fisk... Hmm... seems conflicted.

The point I'm getting at is... why even ask this question if you aren't seeking some type of reaction. That's :thunk: worthy imo.

Fisk said we should look into Keane, whether he has a win condition or not. Somber pushed back on the idea, calling it a "rabbit hole" we could fall into. I agree with Fisk, I think it's worth exploring, but Somber saying "let's not start chasing our own tail" doesn't seem scummy to me.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Still catching up, but:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

i read passive aggressive language as scummy personally, yes

This just reads opportunistic and weird. I don't like it. It's like you found a single point to point to and now you can park your vote on the vote leader.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
... Wow, I'm only a page or two back and things have completely disintegrated, haven't they

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone unvote Fisk? He's at -1 and we have two hours to go. Scum could swing by and end the day early.

Also, Fisk, stop being stubborn and help, please.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I’ve been pretty forthcoming about two reads, and even softclaimed

True. But you're the only vote on somber, and kasch is the only vote on MMM. I don't know if we can swing either of them by deadline. Anyone else you'd rather lynch?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'd be fine with Toal. ##vote Toalpaz

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah a classic D1 shift to Toal that brings back memories of like every other game

I'd prefer Sal but that doesn't seem to be happening, and Toal seems a better lynch than Fisk. Or do you prefer Fisk?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I can feel the swerve onto Toalpaz in my bones

And yet, they don't appear

Do you think scum's trying to force a mislynch? We haven't been getting much traction on anyone except Fisk.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Atomic Soda posted:

um of course they are trying to do that? did you mean no lunch here?

lol no sorry, i mean, i'm just noticing that getting votes off Fisk is like dragging boulders around. makes me all the more suspicious of both toal and sal.

i'm going to hope if we had someone at -1 45 min ago we're not going to NL.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey guys I’m out and drink rn but I can change my vote if needed somebody tell me the situation

Fisk at 6, Toal 4, Sal 3, and somber's trying to get traction on Hal.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Not too late to lynch toal, just saying.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

Siv you asked us to hold off on Fisk but it's 34 minutes to deadline and nothing else has really happened, anything what you wanted to say?

No, I thought if we held off we might make toal or Sal happen. I'd rather lynch either of them than Fisk, but it's not looking likely.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'll vote Fisk over a NL, if that's what you're asking.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Steak posted:

actually in that span of time i've become more inclined to lynch toal than fisk. why? fisk stopped spamming the thread with gross obnoxious posts and started playing, and toal's been the same old scummy toal.

Do you think we can get five in half an hour? I'm not sure we can.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
We have twenty minutes, and it's a Saturday night.

##vote Fisk and that's -1

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hey GK can I ask something? Was there actually possible vote fuckery at deadline, or was votefinder just being weird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

fool_of_sound posted:

Wait, didn't you bring up the meta point in question? What changed?

... This happened in thread. Someone (?Hum?) linked merk to examples counteracting the meta point, and merk changed his mind and backed off. Did you miss that?