Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

kaschei posted:

How close are you to 16?

One closer. Thanks for joining.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

George Kansas posted:

Nice! I'll try to send out role PMs tonight, but I'm pretty busy tonight so it may be tomorrow afternoon. We'll see!

Do it tonight!!!!!!!!!!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m in the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

BTW everybody who has fewer posts than me by the end of the day dies, enjoy.

Cool cool

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am tired but not tired. What should I do mafia?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Wait, this game hasn't officially started yet?

Let's start it: ##vote Humalong

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hmm, I ordered a new avatar and it did not work.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
IT DID NOT WORK, LOWTAX

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have been bamboozled out of $5.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thanks!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Atomic Soda posted:

ok why humalong?

i want to believe

Look at him.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Atomic Soda posted:

what am i missing

Pokemon avatar

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Games usually end in no lynch on d1 nowadays due to us being lurking jerks anyway.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I made a really great SCUMHUNTER joke in the Discussion Thread and: 1) no one noticed; 2) no one laughed; and 3) no one cared about my feelings.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 1

Jonathan Fisk (2): Toalpaz, kumba
Somberbrero (1): SalTheBard
Mr. Humalong (1): merk
Mr. Steak (1): flerp
SalTheBard (0): kumba, kumba

Not Voting (11): Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, fool_of_sound, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk, kaschei, MMM Whatchya Say, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, Somberbrero, spacing in vienna

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 13th, 2019 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote somberbrero

Let's get this going.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Lunch merk because it's always funny

Hey!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hey nice old avatar merk!

This one was always my favorite.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was looking in the discord for it. I couldn’t find it.

Keane apologizes for not signing up for this game. GK said that he’d make Keane a stump. Keane is a stump. He means nothing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Youre welcome.

*ur

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

##vote fool of sound

This guy looks so bad he’s basically the tenth layer

Wow, wouldn't he be the eighth layer?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What was the first one of these games? I thought maybe MMM hates TNL because of some flavor thing from the last game, but I can't even find the last game!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have no serious vote to make. I just spent five minutes searching for one.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote

The only things that jump out:
1. Fisk addressing the stump, but this seems legitimate given the first game thing.
2. Toalpaz and Steak trying to act high and mighty about how we should ignore the stump.
3. Hal and flerp hopping onto the Toalpaz stump comment with jokes seems super mildly townie I guess.
4. I guess Sal's post about extending jokephase being scummy is kind of scummy because it doesn't say anyone in particular is scum (vienna votes it). That's good enough: ##vote Sal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
WTF do you have the same avatar as someone else?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

kumba posted:

he has no reason to say anything, and even if he did, what difference does it make

Keane: "Yes, I have a win condition"
Rest of the game: ....okay. *proceeds as normal*

Keane: "No, I don't have a win condition"

Keane: "BUTT. POOP. DOODOO. *faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart*"

You have the same avatar as kumba. I was confusing Steak and kumba in my 'acting high and mighty' comment regarding the stump.

When I saw your avatar, I thought it was you making this post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

That last post was as decent inside joke for those who just played with him in somb's game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Is this:
A) A town player offering up their life because they don't give a gently caress
B) A scum player throwing themselves at taste's feet because they know most players won't vig the player who asks
C) Somebody with a bulletproof role being cheeky
D) What Ninth should say every day until somebody takes mercy on the rest of us

Huh. This post assumes that Fisk is town. Did you just scum slip?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

except for the option they said where fisk is scum....?

Fisk said he had the vig.
Humalong was asking to be vigged.

The 'a scum player' option is about Humalong, not Fisk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That's now the best thing of the day!

##vote MMM

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Taste was, by announcing his vig in the way he did, acting as a town vig in the thread even if he wasn't. I'm analyzing people's reactions assuming that they aren't mind readers, but you're right, there should be an additional option where they're both scum and it's a frivolous volunteering because hum knows that taste wouldn't shoot him even if he had a gun. We can lump that in with the other hum is scum option though, I'm generally not a fan of day one reads that require people to be scum together to make sense.

Where is the option that Humalong is scum responding to Taste as scum knowing that Taste wouldn't shoot his scumbuddy on d1? The post doesn't say anything about Taste possibly being scum.

Hal Incandenza posted:

That’s a very over eager take

Of course, but it's early day 1 and the thread was going nowhere. What do you think of MMM's over explanation above?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

at least my old name is listed in the OP.

anyway i'll change to ##vote merk

reasons:

1. votes sal just because someone else did, heavily implying it's a serious vote
2. not reading the OP
3. voting mmm on flimsy logic
4. confused me and kumba, but thought kumba was sal?

I came to the same conclusion that vienna came re: Sal.

The MMM vote is pretty good right now.

The other stuff is meh, but thank you for pointing me to the first game of this series in the op. I didn't see it before.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

jumping on a player w 2 joke votes on him doesn't look great for you either

Why does this have any bearing on my alignment?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

So can you see why I think your initial post looks like you assumed Fisk is town?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

are you testing me or do you seriously not know what i meant? scum like to build momentum on mislynches

I fully expect Somb and Toalpaz to have a non-joke vote in the near future. There is no momentum anywhere on any lynch.

Also, why couldn't MMM be my scum buddy who I am distancing from early on in d1?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I mean, I understand your angle, it's just a bad one. My post was about Hum and not Taste. The assumption isn't that Taste is town, it's that Hum believes the claim and doesn't have special knowledge about taste. If they're both scum that's not true obviously, but the difference between option B in my post and the proposed alternative is marginal at best. The fact that I immediately identified your objection (they could both be scum) and you responded with "But what if they're both scum!" is weird and makes it look like you didn't even read the post.

I definitely didn't read it before I responded. It was overly long for the point(s) you were trying to make, as is this post too.

I still think my initial point is a good one and your over explanations are scummy as well. Maybe your style is to use way too many words to get across what could be done in less, but it looks like you're trying to drown out a reasonable point against you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm trying to break things down as simple as I can because you seem really addicted to the idea it's a good point and clearly can't see the fundamental problems with it.

There isn't any fundamental problem with the point. Your attempts to characterize it as in no way being reasonable at all, to me, looks scummy.

You made a post that assumed a player was town. That's a good early d1 vote.