Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the tick is back for season 2 on amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
hardest laugh so far is when dots like “you cant just steal a person!” and overkill is like “i can totally steal a person!!!!!”

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the performances on this show are insanely good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
superions expression after arthur tells him to take a walk lmfao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
tyrannosaurus rathbone is so good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
finished the season. i wish there was more

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I hope we get a run at least as long as the cartoon's. For a character who's been around as long as the Tick has, I've never really felt there was enough.

Ben Edlund spent ten years on Supernatural he can spend five on the big blue boi

i feel like the tick and venture bros should share canon

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ya the tick is a classic super hero deconstruction.....timeless imo. basically the american version of one punch man

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

There wasn't a B-Story or character I wasn't 100% delighted to spend time with in the entire series. That's an absolute rarity in any show or film, really.

its really surprising how wholesome it is, as well. not nearly as many betrayals as i expected

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Did we ever find out what Bronze Star does exactly?

lol did he even talk

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

The Duke being decapitated and the human furniture thing also definitely hinted at the possibility at Chairface, but :shrug:

The Duke's thing being mad super science wouldn't mesh with Chairface's typical M.O. though so it's only surface hinting.

the duke wasnt chairface.....but maybe the guy he decapitated was

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
drat you black hole heart.....

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

brocked posted:

Obviously Dot moves in Bullet Time now so she'll call herself Dot Matrix

lol of course

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
damnit all. love is over

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
amazon sucks so bad

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
u had ONE GOOD SHOW amazon!!! ONE!!!!!!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

I dunno if I'm in the thread minority here, but I thought The Tick was good, but not great. It was rarely laugh-out-loud funny (if it was aiming to be a comedy) and the budget was obviously low in many scenes. A lot of the time the plot dragged and there were filler episodes, which is weird in a show with so few to spare. It gave me vibes of like a Telltale episodic game where they had to re-use assets and puzzles to save money.

IMO it was enjoyable and heartfelt at times, but not a top-tier show and it really seemed like it had cancellation written all over it when I watched.

please dont post in my thread

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
amazon acquisitions officer trolling the boards tryinh to do damage control......smh

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
god drat this black hole heart

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Azhais posted:

The reddit thread about it said that this was "We'll fix it in post, the TV show". Like the Tick's suit had tons of seams they didn't want to show, so they had people fixing it digitally in every scene of every show rather than fixing things with wardrobe

that explains why it looked so freaking good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

OrthoTrot posted:

It looked good in the way something that was done on a small budget but stretched to make the most of it looks. To find it was almost the opposite is a bit disappointing. With that kind of money it becomes much harder to excuse the rough round the edges stuff like Arthur's flying scene looking awful.

i meant the ticks s2 costume

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lazyhound posted:

What bummer that this show died and Jack Ryan lived.

at least we still get the expanse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m not seeing it outside of the superheroes. The Tick had a lot of real positivity and optimism to it. The Boys is the polar opposite of it tonally.

the boys also doesnt have any supervillains or superhero culture, since all the people with superpowers are basically owned by the same corporation