Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
They should just take the cast and do an animated S3 at adult swim to make the long wait between venture brothers seasons bearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

tarlibone posted:

We need to make this happen now.

I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet, given how much history Edlund has with Muculloch and Hammer. He’s written Venture Brothers episodes and I think those two have written for various Tick stuff.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ytlaya posted:

So I just randomly started watching this show after not knowing it existed and seeing it on Amazon. It's surprisingly good so I checked if there was an SA thread, only to find that apparently it stays really good and then gets cancelled. That sucks.

At least the two seasons we got were fantastic.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

spookygonk posted:

Just watched the first episode of The Boys and it feels just like a slightly less funny version of The Tick (and Venture Bros).

I’m not seeing it outside of the superheroes. The Tick had a lot of real positivity and optimism to it. The Boys is the polar opposite of it tonally.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

scary ghost dog posted:

the boys also doesnt have any supervillains or superhero culture, since all the people with superpowers are basically owned by the same corporation

It’s also less out there with the supers. The tick has some Venture Brothers type dudes running around, The Boys supers are basically one-to-one replicas of existing superheroes. Really VB is the only thing I can think of that does what The Tick does, and it was obviously influenced pretty heavily by older Tick stuff (and this Tick was obviously influenced by VB). It’s not surprising, Edlund has written for VB and Jackson Publick wrote for the Tick comic and did an episode of this show, too.