Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

There's definitely a ton of hooks for a potential season 3, I just hope it gets enough viewers to justify it and the budget to back it up and it doesn't spin its wheels too much in dealing with it.

There was at least one episode that had some weird editing where the scene suddenly cuts maybe a second or line too early than it should have (and there's probably a few bits where it's cut later than it could've been) like the first appearance of Bronze Star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Arthur's goggles fit straight now.

Well, they fit straight more often but there's still scenes where they're definitely not properly aligned.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Duke being decapitated and the human furniture thing also definitely hinted at the possibility at Chairface, but :shrug:

The Duke's thing being mad super science wouldn't mesh with Chairface's typical M.O. though so it's only surface hinting.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TychoCelchuuu posted:

I think Amazon.com doesn't actually own the show, so in principle some other channel could pick it up. That's why the #SaveTheTick hashtag is trending - the idea is to get some other place to pick it up. I dunno what the odds look like, but I sure hope it works!

Disney/Hulu could possibly pick it up, lmao.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I will agree that it felt more than a little drawn out at times, S2, more than S1, but it's still pretty great despite that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Azhais posted:

The reddit thread about it said that this was "We'll fix it in post, the TV show". Like the Tick's suit had tons of seams they didn't want to show, so they had people fixing it digitally in every scene of every show rather than fixing things with wardrobe

Yeah, that'll spark a lot of overruns on per episode cost because they're basically patching up poo poo that should've just been reshot or done on the ground or just left unedited.

The reality of the show seemingly given a blank check to make it as good as possible is a temptation that any show that wants to go beyond a single season shouldn't have. At the end, we'll probably never know what really pushed the costs up so much, but it likely negatively impacted its chances of renewal.