Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just randomly started watching this show after not knowing it existed and seeing it on Amazon. It's surprisingly good so I checked if there was an SA thread, only to find that apparently it stays really good and then gets cancelled. That sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I ended up watching this entire show this weekend. It was really great.

One thing that stood out to me is that a lesser show would have had Walter be bad, or have the elastic guy be trying to trick them into revealing the location of the lobster babies or something. It actually felt like the show was playing with expectations about this sort of thing.

edit: I think Overkill was probably responsible for like 50% of the times I laughed outloud.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

What really sets Tick apart from other comedy is that it's very heart-forward, loving, positive comedy. It never demeans or mocks, it always uplifts. That's *really* hard to do.

Absolutely agree with this. Watching this show made me realize that a lot of other shows have this comparatively "cynical" feel to them.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 2, 2019