Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sorry for starting late, been crazy busy. Last month's theme was emergence, which I won with this photo [still waiting on my Golden Aperture award]:

This month's theme is Square. Let's get cubic! Other interpretations of the theme are fine. Square crops not required [but encouraged].

RULES:
This thread is for posting pics & voting.
1. One submission/poster. You can change your submission as many times as you want, so long as you only have one entry when the voting begins! Edit your post to do this, please.
2. Single photos only - no video, triptychs, or multi-photo entries. Blending exposures into a single image (such as focus stacking, or HDR), is ok though.
3. Photos must be taken during the period of the contest. No pulling out old favorites!
4. Contest will be open until [at least] the last day of the month at 11:59 p.m. EST after which voting will begin
5. Voting will continue until some time after that, probably around midnight the evening of the 2nd or 3rd.
6. Use good judgment/good taste if venturing into NSFW or potentially offensive territory. PM me or a mod if you have questions.
7. When voting, please use the spoiler tag.

I or the mods reserve the right to amend the rules if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Hell yeah. Let's do this.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
IMG_5295.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
SQUARE SQUARED (1 of 1) by noonebutme2010, on Flickr

iammeandsoareyou fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 27, 2019

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bast square by James D, on Flickr

qirex fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 29, 2019

KilroyWasHere
Oct 22, 2005

triangles by plicat, on Flickr

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

edit-I read gud.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

You guys gotta pick better themes than a single word.

Make it actually interesting and challenging.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Next topic should be “the feeling you get when you post a bad theme and nobody participated in the contest”

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

On that note this is the final warning, I’m on a plane all day tomorrow so I’ll probably close this in a couple hours.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Entries are closed, vote away!

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Nigel Tufnel

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Olds

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Karl Banks

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Olds

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Atlatl

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
--tk--

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Karl Barks gets my vote, but tk was a close second. Cool stuff.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Iammeandsoareyou

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
karl banks

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
olds // shout-out to president beep as well

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
.......tk........

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
nigel tufnel

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
Iammeandsoareyou

Pooper Trooper
Jul 4, 2011

neveroddoreven

Soulex

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

My count:

Nigel tufnel 3
Olds 3
Karl banks 3
Atlatl 1
Tk 2
Iammeandsoareyou 2
Soulex 1

Not sure what we do in case of a tie, I don’t want to get all 538 about instant runoffs, etc and it’s time for a new theme.

Ideas?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

qirex posted:

My count:

Nigel tufnel 3
Olds 3
Karl banks 3
Atlatl 1
Tk 2
Iammeandsoareyou 2
Soulex 1

Not sure what we do in case of a tie, I don’t want to get all 538 about instant runoffs, etc and it’s time for a new theme.

Ideas?

1) Revote, but Nigel's, Olds' and Karl's pics are the only choices.
2) 24 hour pic-off for Nigel, Olds and Karl, vote on their new pics
a)Pics need to be the same theme, or
b)Pics need to be a new theme picked by you, or
c)Open theme
3) Nigel, Olds and Karl all win. Each of them pick a theme for May. Each May participant submits three pictures, one for each theme. Participant with the most votes over all wins.
4) Give Cuntpunch, BetterLekNextTime, Soulex, iammeandsoareyou, Lawson and Pooper Trooper 24 hours to vote for their favorite out of Nigel's, Olds' or Karl's pics
5) Declare Nigel, Olds and Karl the Triumvirate of Winners and require Wild EEPROM to do the next contest and theme. Participants vote on 1) best picture, 2)whether Wild EEPROM should get a ban for the theme not being good enough, and 3)whether Wild EEPROM should get a 30 day probie if he/she hasn't administered the contest in good faith.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 4, 2019

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I think option one is the way to go.

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam

joat mon posted:

5) Declare Nigel, Olds and Karl the Triumvirate of Winners and require Wild EEPROM to do the next contest and theme. Participants vote on 1) best picture, 2)whether Wild EEPROM should get a ban for the theme not being good enough, and 3)whether Wild EEPROM should get a 30 day probie if he/she hasn't administered the contest in good faith.

This but with President Beep.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Lawson posted:

This but with President Beep.