Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so hi, im new other than a white noise poster in AI.

i have a tuxedo white 2017 fiesta st and its basically perfect.

obviously it could use being more perfect, its already invisible to cops, and will spank cars way over its class if the road involves turning..

it needs like another 85-100 hp though to make it a crazy (almost competitive) go cart.

so.

GOALS

keep the appearance as completely stock as possible. maybe some subtle hints for folks who know what they are looking at.

retain the stock exhaust (cept the down pipe)

no loving blow off valves.

upgrade the turbo

get it professionally dyno tuned with 3 maps one for oh poo poo florida sideways rain driveability one for general daily driving and one for :getin: mode.

what it has currently:

full speaker/tweeter replacement (rockford fosgates)

auxilary subwoofer under the trunk floor

redline custom shift boot

redline custom center armrest

redline custom seat belt pads (4)

random magical ali express lit door sills (4 doors)

OEM ford UK left hand drive headlights with custom wiring harness for DRLs

cobb accessport with 93 ots base tune

direct swap cobb air filter

montune v2 rear motor mount

stupid heavy shift knob

parts i have sitting in a pile that infuriates miss frog:

gas hood struts (Dark ice designs UK)

cobb upgraded intake installed 4/13/2019

velossitech ram air scoop

redline custom leather armrests (4 doors)

woosh motorsports intercooler v2 (black)

parts im thinking about buying:

boomba racing recirculating valve
http://www.boombaracing.com/2014-fiesta-st-boost-operated-bypass-valve-full-recirculation/

montune mtx turbo upgrade
https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MRX-Turbocharger-Upgrade-p/2364-tu-aa.htm

montune upgraded catted down pipe
https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Sport-Down-Pipe-Fiesta-ST-2013-2019-p/2364-dpsc-aa.htm

woosh motorsports silicone boost hoses
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...t-free-shipping

maybe a hot side pipe?
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...t-free-shipping

and obviously brakes
http://www.boombaracing.com/2014-fiesta-st-brake-cooling-deflector/'

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/products/ksport-6-piston-304mm-big-brake-kit-fiesta-st-2014-2017-free-shipping

this thread is basically a reality check as to whether or not this parts plan will give me the desired result on pump gas, and how i may gently caress it up completely.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

You've got a good party car. Show us pictures of the fiesta.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
https://www.mountuneusa.com/Quaife-ATB-Differential-Fiesta-ST-2014-2019-QDF57-p/2364-atb-aa.htm

Since you'll be throwing a bunch more power through the front wheels. Honestly the stock diff isn't up to stock shenanigans.

Yours looks way nicer than mine. I live under pine trees.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
dammit.

yeah you are right with the diff.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

You'll probably want stickier tires too, to handle the increased braking/power load. I've been out of the performance tire game for a while now but dunlop direzza star specs were pretty good to me circa 2011, maybe something like those?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i have pilot sport all seasons. i spose i could get better tires

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Aren't you in Florida or something? Run summers year round!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

sneakyfrog posted:

i have pilot sport all seasons. i spose i could get better tires

Always pay attention to the weak point. If your diff is weak, don't use sticky tires.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
hankook rs4 is what you're looking for. re71r/a052/rival are quicker tires but wear a shitload faster. it is roughly on par with a nt01/rc1 but wears physically slower

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 5, 2019

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
they dont seem to be available in partycars size :smithfrog:

im also a bit leery as we have had at least 2-3 weeks of under 40 degree temps and while yeah that aint much, to my knowledge summers grip like poo poo under those temps

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Yeah, this winter in Virginia my partycar was reduced to a normal commuter car since it stayed on summers. It legitimately felt like the bargain bin all seasons that I had on every car leading up to this one. Not dangerous in comparison to the vast majority of cars, braking distances were fine, but not good in comparison to warm weather.

I'm running the stock potenza whatevers, FYI.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
got back from a business trip yesterday so figured some car fuckery might clear all the sales dipshittery out of my head

dirty engine bay

factory intake removed

cobb intake installed

held boost fine, throttle response was a bit better and made slightly more wooshy sounds

only PITA part is the clamp holding the intake to the turbo, but with 2 swivels and 2 extensions it was a bit easier

gonna run it out tomorrow to see if i get any CELs

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 13, 2019

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
apparently enough time to get a sunburn. joy.

e:

i normally just wear shorts in the house and outside, didnt think about the rising sun burning me i was just relaxing doing car stuff
it was nice, went took a shower and took it for a spirited drive

need to shorten the hose off the intake though, popped a CEL
but its basic and no big deal
hose just moved to a spot where it would slightly kink and the ecu didnt like it or something. hopefully i dont have to disassemble too much.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 13, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Running summer tires year round is fine don't worry about it, I haven't used all season tires in decades.

Currently Running Yokohama S-Drives on the xB and Pilot Sports on the LS, they are both very good.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Summers don't grip that well under 40 degrees but just don't drive like a 16 year old when it's cold, problem solved.

If I lived in Florida I would run summer tires year round and I am #1 winter tire evangelist.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
what is the fun of a partycar if you dont drive like you are 16?

Check engine light is gone after reducing the hose length and making it a nice radius without kinks

guess kinkshaming in some cases is ok

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I would just buy the car that does what you want out of the box (Focus RS? Golf R?) than try to tart it up with expensive parts to make it a compromised version of said car.

That said, neat car and as long as you're having fun then so be it.

Edit: turns out "Automotive Sanity" is available as a user name. :v:

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 15, 2019

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Jeez dad way to deny my zen pal

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

While we may say we want you be sensible and reasonable, what we really want you to do in our heart of hearts is jam an Ecoboost v6 in the back and do wheelies everywhere.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
at this point ladies and germs, i am going to be happy just going home and sleeping in my own bed for one drat full week this month.

my life goals(TM) are pretty drat basic right now.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

While we may say we want you be sensible and reasonable, what we really want you to do in our heart of hearts is jam an Ecoboost v6 in the back and do wheelies everywhere.

https://youtu.be/jnp-PKvNIZk

This, but bigger yes I would like that a lot

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
well. life may delay me on this poo poo miss frog is due to be laid off because her government contract is being terminated.

gently caress a doodle doo

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Reverse mod it then, sell the alloys and put steel wheels on it, take off the turbo and covert to NA, sell turbo :v:

Just kidding man, that sucks hope your wife finds work, at least the job market has been pretty good here lately

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
we shall prevail. just going to delay poo poo a bit.

this party(car) dont stop.

we aint loving zaurg over here we have contingency plans

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
If its anything but this is not a party car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBdtkpYBmgg

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:smithfrog: I don't think I could get that much in the back of the fist.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

BlackMK4 posted:

hankook rs4 is what you're looking for. re71r/a052/rival are quicker tires but wear a shitload faster. it is roughly on par with a nt01/rc1 but wears physically slower

That's what I've got on my fisty boi, in 205/45/16. Cool thread man, if you end up deciding on the MRX kit let me know I can give you some install pointers.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Oh? You did the install and got it tuned? How much did it do on 93?

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
nice specs but to be honest you need more clowns

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:smithfrog: i only have the one clown behind the wheel

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

Oh? You did the install and got it tuned? How much did it do on 93?

On 93 it made about 250whp per vdyno. I moved to an e30 tune that provably makes 15-20 more if I had to guess.

Edit - yes I installed it myself with some buddies and beers

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
custom tune or the off the rack montune one?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

custom tune or the off the rack montune one?

Its the included tune from mountune, but Randy and I revised it a bunch of times.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you think the mtx kit will do 285-300 on pump gas or should i look into an embiggened turbo? id rather avoid a weird fuel mix or anything fucky that involves me having to think or remember

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

you think the mtx kit will do 285-300 on pump gas or should i look into an embiggened turbo? id rather avoid a weird fuel mix or anything fucky that involves me having to think or remember

All of the aftermark turbo options available get to that ballpark, which is the limit of the stock fuel system without adding an aux fuel add-on. I think the 2554 (MRX) is probably one of the weaker options, and may max a little under that, in the 275 ballpark or something like that. The various Garrett options are a little laggier and have higher RPM punch, the hybrids like X37/47/etc are a little more linear. Hybrids in theory could be less reliable, but are a lot simpler to install. They use all of the stock coolant and oil lines, stock bypass valve location, etc. Its basically unbolt stock turbo, install new one, install tune, party down.

The Garrett kits are a lot more work, but the top end power is beastly.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah i was thinking a garrett just for sheer grunt, but dont know how much i would have to sacrifice lagwise for a fairly linear powerband, i dunno i have the time to over plan things plus total access to a lot of cool laser scanners for fabbing a custom part. it would be pretty easy for me to cad out in solidworks and "flow test" virtually. cant see myself selling it or upgrading cars unless its just a cheap beater if i had to really rip apart the partycar

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

yeah i was thinking a garrett just for sheer grunt, but dont know how much i would have to sacrifice lagwise for a fairly linear powerband, i dunno i have the time to over plan things plus total access to a lot of cool laser scanners for fabbing a custom part. it would be pretty easy for me to cad out in solidworks and "flow test" virtually. cant see myself selling it or upgrading cars unless its just a cheap beater if i had to really rip apart the partycar

Dig into the fiesta st forums and see how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go. If I was doing it all over again, I would probably just go hybrid, as the ATP/MRX kits have some flaws and installation is pretty irritating. But if you ever think you are going to go for more than 300whp (aux fuel) you should get a GTX2867 kit.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i was solidly 285-300 i am not nuts and this is a dd i want just a touch of crazy not lol fuku crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

I like your partycar sneakyfrog