Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
- A film adaptation of Shinju, the first Sano Ichiro novel. It's basically a Film Noir detective story but with Samurai in the Edo Period. Complete with a scene where the chief kicks our hero off the force for being a loose cannon insufficiently polite to his superiors.

- A high-quality stop-motion animated version of Lord of the Rings (could be either feature film or miniseries)

- A Netflix Animorphs series done in the same spirit and quality as their Lost in Space reboot.

- A film or miniseries version of Ursula K. LeGuin's The Disposessed with all the anti-capitalist/anti-consumerist messages left fully intact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I just want to see the series they were gonna do based on Brian Wood’s “DMZ” but it would probably have been terrible

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Dan Aykroyd as Jim Jones

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Les Os posted:

Dan Aykroyd as Jim Jones

:wow:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
nightcrawler/drive crossover movie

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
it used to be good omens but I can just tell it's going to disappoint me, also watchmen sucked, um I dunno, basically LOTR is the only adaptation of anything I love that has actually been good so I hope people just ignore everything good so I can enjoy it in peace

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
That hosed up Dune movie that almost happened in the 70s.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

bullworth but good

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
just keep making Purge movies until there's like 12 of them

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The Walrus posted:

also watchmen sucked
if you think the movie was bad read the comic. pretty much the same thing but an even more retarded ending

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

CPL593H posted:

That hosed up Dune movie that almost happened in the 70s.

Seconding this, even if some people say it would've sucked, I think it would be interesting to see nonetheless.

Or at least make some reprints of the storyboard book drawn out by Moebius, only two copies exist.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
Death is.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I’d like to see a high budget House of Leaves miniseries. Like roughly maybe the length of Haunting of Hill House. And it BETTER follow the book. No making poo poo up or changing things.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
- An animated adaptation of The Incal done by a French studio with similar or higher production values than Triplets of Bellville.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
- A film adaptation of Harry Potter directed by Wes Anderson. Could be either live action or in his own unique stop-motion style.

- An episode of House where Dr. House treats Bertie Wooster.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

season 22 of futurama

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Applewhite posted:

- An episode of House where Dr. House treats Bertie Wooster.

Oh my god. And Jeeves could be there too, like. Untangling messes and thwarting House’s plans! I would watch it forever.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

burial posted:

Oh my god. And Jeeves could be there too, like. Untangling messes and thwarting House’s plans! I would watch it forever.

Jeeves interacting with the House's team would be kind of interesting to see, too.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

Jeeves interacting with the House's team would be kind of interesting to see, too.

He'd gently caress them up so bad

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Salo 2

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
A real, genuine movie (or MAYBE tv) series based on The Dark Tower series. None of the condensing all 7 books (and getting the story and characterization all wrong on the main characters) like that garbage not even idris elba could save. Something that actually respects the source material and gives it the time and budget it needs.

also resurrect don s davis, get richard dean anderson back in shape and make more stargate sg-1.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
A crossover between Sherlock and Elementary. At no point does anyone mention how odd it is that there are two detectives called Sherlock Holmes who work with a Doctor Watson.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
More movies starring Jewish comedians as eusocial insects. So far we have Woody Allen in Antz and Jerry Seinfeld in Beez. Maybe a termite movie starring Adam Sandler?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Remake Memento but without the gimmick

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Well produced english language documentary series covering all of the CIA's crimes.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Icochet posted:

Remake Memento but without the gimmick

Without the gimmick there's not much of a movie?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

Without the gimmick there's not much of a movie?

That's the writers' problem, I'm just making a wish here

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Katamari Damacy live action movie.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Kazaam 2.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I wanna see an anime of Roger Zelazney's Lord of Light

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Obligatory Warhammer 40k mention. But something just sci fi action from a guardsman perspective about barely surviving some horrible orc incursion and the final scene is all of the characters dying until only one remains and he looks up and the orchestra comes in as space marines land and kill everyone as a literal deus ex machina and he dies too.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Waroduce posted:

Obligatory Warhammer 40k mention. But something just sci fi action from a guardsman perspective about barely surviving some horrible orc incursion and the final scene is all of the characters dying until only one remains and he looks up and the orchestra comes in as space marines land and kill everyone as a literal deus ex machina and he dies too.

The Han Solo movie really got me hankering for an Imperial Guard WH40K movie

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
A DUNE TV series as a sci-fi GoT counterpart.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Remake The Book of Life but with original Spanish songs instead of a jukebox musical full of white people music.

E: but it's not the same as Coco

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Aliens: Labyrinth

Videodrome 2

Hard to be a God 2

The Raid 3

Spaceballs 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The Twins sequel, Triplets, that I was promised starring arnold, eddie murphy and danny devito. It feels like it has been announced for 5+ years. They aren't getting any younger, come on.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A new version of Catch 22 with a reunited Superbad cast.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
More big budget “historical” films like Apocalypto, Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven. So many cool topics filmmakers can approach and it isn’t happening. :mad:

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

the wire season 6: freamon and mcnulty private eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
a show about some guy who is an executive for a really big company. He might be the #1 in charge guy but he shits his pants every day and every episode is him trying to work his workday and not poo poo his pants but he still shits his pants every episode.