Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Agronox posted:

I take it we learn what this 1st-year middle schooler's deal is later?

He looks a little out of place.

she wants to be a princess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I hope this season has Himeji Yanai's musical episode

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Beasteh posted:

Tooting the recorder like it's some kind of magical evil warding flute while exploring had me rolling

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

thats also all the bocchi friends up to current with the manga i think.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

there's definitely a bunch in there who haven't been introduced in the manga yet

yeah theyre not all Manga Friends right now but they will be eventually. Rooftop Alien Girl being there is a big giveaway

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Sindai posted:

Really want to know what's up with princes tiara

shes the best one

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Fangz posted:

oh no, a weeb

shes good

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

the sound effects for aru cheering were great

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Aru, on top of an aluminum can

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

graybook posted:

I've been waiting for her song and I am so pleased.
so was every1 else, apparently

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

i like how their teacher always jumps up the last step wa ha ha

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

f-fashion

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Viridiant posted:

Speaking of Aru I'd like to debate the ethics of Nako constantly calling her unfortunate. You see,

You see shes a loser

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

loser

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

NAKO DA

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

I taught my toddler to say Wa Ha Ha but he goes Wa Ha Ha Ha and it's killing me please advise.

zannen

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm here for Super Strong Style Bocchi

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Fangz posted:

did aru forget

unfortunately

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

In the manga it's a little (but not a lot) while later. I feel like the anime played it up/intensified it a lot sooner so if it felt like it was eclipsing current events I think that was intentional so that they could get it done and up the friend count for the main group before the season is over.

in the manga it was bocchis next friend and how well they got along that made sotoka decide to go home until she was offered new shurikens

the anime actually changed the order of things or bocchi would have made another friend already. also kako would have been around for wahaha

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Isn't there literally a classmate that wears a tiara? You're telling me she's NOT the rich one?

Himeji Yanai's Middle School Musical is the best chapter of the manga and we must see it animated

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

lmao

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

whens season 2

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

now go read the manga every1

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Agronox posted:

It’s also uncharacteristically mean. Aru says she was called “a loser” since the day she was born!

that's unfortunate

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Last episode was real good but I think it peaked in 11 with Aru running into the door on her way out of the classroom. Aru is perfect.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

So does this just become the de facto manga thread now or what

kai did nothing wrong

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Agronox posted:

Yeah, one of the few misfires of the anime IMO is that Bocchi's VA's cries kind of turn Kai into a monster.

In the manga Kai is much more just a good friend trying to use tough love!

in the latest chapter of the manga you get the see kai cries harder than bocchi, and tried to isolate herself from any potential friends as a form of punishment for being mean to bocchi, even though she feels like she can't go back on it now that bocch is making new friends.

At least Aru is friends with Kai after that (tho she stormed their room to kick Kai's rear end) and lets her know how Bocchi is doing to make her feel better

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

NAKO DA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Kibibit posted:

Aru is the vice president of all of our hearts.

she's perfectly unfortunate