Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«25 »
Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Wark Say posted:

I'm genuinely curious if the Bleach anime coming up next year will try and tidy things up for the last arc.

Anything short of rewriting a lot of it is still going to be fairly awful... I tried so hard to like Bleach at the end but it was just too disappointing. I still get bummed out when I occasionally think of Bleach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

There Bias Two posted:

I was thinking about this too. Are there any other animes that have had the author add additional arcs to them?

It really feels like editorial intervention made her cut the manga short, so maybe she'd be more open to having the complete story be animated.

I think Oda had a hand in one or two filler arcs in the One Piece anime.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'm pretty sure Oda made the designs for any and all filler characters, right? The anime team also has to go to him whenever they make a Devil Fruit to see if he isn't planning on using something like that in the manga. I guess that kind of counts.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

Zofia Today
Alm: Human Disaster

Lipstick Apathy

Thank god Oda actually takes a break once a month at least.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

There Bias Two posted:

I was thinking about this too. Are there any other animes that have had the author add additional arcs to them?

It really feels like editorial intervention made her cut the manga short, so maybe she'd be more open to having the complete story be animated.

No details, but apparently shes been having personal life troubles, so that has definitely affected the manga.
I wouldnt want anyone dealing with issues to have to also manage doing a jump manga, especially not their first one.

«25 »