Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Expect My Mom posted:

I wasn't into what fifteen-twenty chapters I read of the manga so I hope this can pull me back in, I like the premise a good amount!

dang, you quit just before the best character showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she doesn't eat anything.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
muzan hangs out in cities or in his pocket dimension. he doesn't roam the countryside looking for yokels to eat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the early manga had problems but eventually got better. the only problem with the anime is the parts of the manga it is adapting. pig assaults fix everything.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the hypnotism thing means that nezuko being a good girl who helps people isn't even her choice. it's real lovely.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's the worst boy of the three, but he's still a good boy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
zenitsu is only so awful in his early appearances to make inosuke look better. it is a sacrifice for a noble cause.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tamayo's existence is necessary for tanjirou's goal of curing nezuko to work at all. he tried asking random demons, but they were confused and crazy and trying to eat him. even if they were willing to communicate with him, it's not like any of them know the answer tanjirou wants. and obviously, talking to muzan isn't really an option. tamayo needed to exist so that she could both explain that talking to demons wasn't going to work and provide another method forward. it's not like tanjirou would give up trying, otherwise. so now tanjirou draws blood from demons he kills, making even what amounts to monsters of the week continue the main storyline.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nezuko spends most of her time sleeping because that's how she copes with being an aberration who doesn't consume anything to live.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can't argue with that

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's so she doesn't bite people. nezuko's superhumanly strong and her hands are free, so she could remove it any time she wanted.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's never really clear how much of nezuko's intellect, personality and memories are left.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a good manga and the next season of the anime probably isn't coming out for another year or two. so, have at it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what is that kiwi thing?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that the enslaved prostitutes entertained in various other ways doesn't make them something other than enslaved prostitutes living in the district for prostituting slaves.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 8, 2021

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Oiran's at least were pretty well respected. Given that they could generally pick their customers, and the highest ranking ones did not even engage in sex work. So it's a bit weird for you to call them slaves.

they were slaves in that they were either purchased as property or born as property and were only free to leave if someone else purchased them. the oirans were there for advertising purposes and brought in customers who then drank and partied and slept with less prestigious sex slaves. there was other entertainment to go along with the sex trade, is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
being the strongest human doesn't mean anything when even the weakest demon is still stronger. it's all about technique.