Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ibblebibble posted:

Still mildly confused as to whether the water effects are a visual metaphor for Tanjiro's moves or if he actually does summon water blades using his breathing.

Either way they look kicking rad.

I like to think he just completely fabricated these technique names on his own while tripping balls in the woods for months on end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

I figured he learned about it before Tanjiro showed up, which is why he was so adamant about not training him or anyone else and set him a supposedly impossible task to complete in order to qualify. He sent him off with the mask because he reckoned that if he could cut that boulder, he could and should kill the arm demon.

He gave him that boulder because he figured there'd be no way he could possibly cut it, and therefore no way he'd risk dying in the selection trial.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Exactly what he said his reasons were is less the point than how desperately defensive he got about it to someone he was planning to kill anyways. It's an excuse for eating them; why would a demon think it needs to be excused?

Probably because they still have some tiny remnants of their humanity in there somewhere.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm expecting the doctor and her assistant to die in the next episode. They were death flagging really hard by providing our protagonist with so much hope.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This episode was so gorgeous. The art style is just so fun and cinematic.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This episode topped the last one in terms of visuals IMO. Even the audio was excellent, especially the ball-kicking bit. It really gave a good sense of how much power was going into those hits.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

JackDarko posted:

I like Zenitsu a lot. He's what I imagine I would be like if I was a character in that world.

Oh no that's not a good sign.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Manatee Cannon posted:

you get 2 panels of inosuke kicking zenitsu in the manga (1 in ch25 and one in 26). the bit where inosuke is just kicking him after he falls over doesn't even happen; zenitsu falls and it goes right to tanjirou stepping in. I'm not saying he came off as a nice guy in that scene but the anime made that into like half the episode. also tanjirou reacts to it immediately rather than waiting around to say anything

the demon fight was great but I really think they bungled the second half of the episode

There was no need to spend 5 minutes elaborating on what was going on there.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I rescind every criticism of last episode's pacing. It gave us this episode, and it was good.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I think the pacing of the latest episode could've been a little better. They clearly didn't want to get into the meat of the forest today and stretched it out a bit.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

snackcakes posted:

i thought that was a giant asspull and overly convenient but i still loved the poo poo out of it

the ending credits affected me in a way that i am not going to describe to the internet.

It was sort of foreshadowed with references to his scar and earrings. Early in the episode they talked about one's life flashing before their eyes before death as a bit of a setup.

Yeah, it seems kind of silly that a forgotten dance from one's childhood would be a power upgrade, but this revelation came out of a moment when the siblings were in a tougher spot than ever before.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fabricated posted:

I guess they're solving the no narrator problem with filler material that negates the need for one. Makes sense I guess?

It's not really filler since it's plot relevant though. It's more like taking creative license for clarity.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fabricated posted:

The manga appears at least to be in it's final arc so it may be done before a second season could conceivably be finished. This would make figuring out a seasonal schedule to adapt the whole thing easier I imagine.

How many seasons worth of material would you estimate they have based on the current pace?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Once Zenitsu's character was established, there wasn't really any reason to show him freaking out for 10 minutes at everything as that can be inferred. They could cut out 60% of his lines and still get the point across.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

LorneReams posted:

I just caught up, what an amazing show!

I didn't like how the leaders were like, "She may kill humans so we can't trust her" while talking about killing a human. People who talk that easily about murder have probably killed some people and shouldn't really be judging.

It turns out that people who are adept at killing things are not the most well rounded individuals out there.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Neo_Crimson posted:

Not really? From Tanjiro perspective, Zenitsu is a Slayer like him, he presumably went through the same training and selection exam. He's not a civilian, so him freaking out this badly is pretty off-putting.

It's kinda hard to call a teenage kid "not a civilian" though. They're basically child soldiers and although they are competent, it's still gotta be really bad for one's psyche.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mulderman posted:

With a rap sheet that goes on for ages.

They would've banned him years ago for writing every post in all caps.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The manga is pretty good and worth reading. The chief complaint after just ending is that it could've benefitted from an extra arc or two to develop the characters and story beats more. Overall it holds up well though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Manatee Cannon posted:

if they brought the author on to flesh out the story a bit, that'd be cool

I was thinking about this too. Are there any other animes that have had the author add additional arcs to them?

It really feels like editorial intervention made her cut the manga short, so maybe she'd be more open to having the complete story be animated.