Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thufir posted:

I got the impression that he thinks hot goaltending is more important than almost everything else and Dallas seems to have that.

Yeah Micah's model values the hell out of hot goaltending and shot suppression, basically Washington's model the last couple years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Maybe if his model has Dallas over Tampa for the cup, it isn't a very good model.

The model isn't "Dallas over Tampa" head-to-head. The model has Dallas and Tampa as each only 20% likely to make the finals . That's a 4% chance of a Dallas v. Tampa final. Assuming Tampa is 3:1 favorites over Dallas, which is even more than the lead they're given over Columbus, that only accounts for 3% of the 20% odds the model has them at. Basically the model is saying that Dallas is stronger against non-Tampa teams from the East than Tampa is against all the teams from the West.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The model seems stupid.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

ThinkTank posted:

I'd be happy with Dallas winning just because with the way teams love to emulate the most recent cup winner we'll have marketing guys across the league calling all their star players fat losers for the next few years.

I've always said the NHL should market Phil Kessel more!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Go Bolts, Stars, Blues

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Koopa Kid posted:

News: Mike Babcock in an interview yesterday said that Ron Hainsey “doesn’t get scored on”

Views: Fellow posters, I would like you to direct your gaze to exhibit A which is literally any game footage of Ron Hainsey actually playing hockey

Going through his old mugshots here, old Ron seems to get less happy every year.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:siren: LAST CALL FOR SIGN-UPS :siren:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886661
:siren: DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO RED X :siren:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His models don't do so well so you can continue to think for yourselves, or use someone else's model.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I can't comment on dude's models, mostly because I have never been bothered to decode his graphs.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_PGH/status/1116027669513154560

I don't hate JJ as much as the rest of sas but this would be a pretty big upgrade to the lineup so I hope Dumo is ready to go.

Johnson is one of the worst defenders in the NHL

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

pacerhimself posted:

I'm jealous because you haven't had your existence cursed by knowledge of the existence of Peter Nygård.

That's a Swedish name though.

Seems like an interesting guy

Zat fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 10, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
im going to believe in the rainbow crab model because my heart needs literally every little ounce of hope it can handle

namaste

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
https://twitter.com/TBLightning/status/1116008092762820608?s=20

The world needs to see this

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Anheuser-Busch is a St. Louis brewery back off!!!

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Go Jackets

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Rangers need that extra first rounder.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Zat posted:

That's a Swedish name though.

Seems like an interesting guy

It is just a Winnipeg reference.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nygard is a rapist and runs sweat shops, most likely a pedo too.

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/1206/features-peter-nygard-sexual-harassment-answers-to-no-one.html

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant when I said interesting after a cursory googling.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't hate JJ as much as the rest of sas but this would be a pretty big upgrade to the lineup so I hope Dumo is ready to go.

Jack Johnson is a huge drag on all positive things that are conducive to winning a hockey game. His corsi/fenwick/shot share all really suck, chance and high danger chances significantly favor opposing teams when he is on the ice, and his near bottom of the league zone exit stats are hilarious. All of this while receiving a favorable zone deployment. Gudbranson has been dragged to respectable numbers somehow with this team and yet JMFJ is still awful. Without JJ on the ice the Pens posted something like a 55% corsi and with him the team is near a 47% or some such. Putting him in the press box could be the best decision Sullivan makes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/SWhyno/status/1115990343760084994?s=20

Also:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Are we allowed to ask where to stream games because I still have Extreme Salt over NHL taking my 10 minute condensed highlights off me halfway through a season subscription for NHL.tv

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

aejix posted:

Are we allowed to ask where to stream games because I still have Extreme Salt over NHL taking my 10 minute condensed highlights off me halfway through a season subscription for NHL.tv
Venture onto an apprpriately named subreddit, young lad

Edit also is there no GDT yet? I gotta shitpost.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

Wow this would be huge if true and not just wishful thinking

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

Don't play with my heart like this.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
fuckin stupid graphs and charts just gimme that old time bustin skull hockey game

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

aejix posted:

The subreddit for NHL streams is p good.

Speaking of: Streaming through a projector for 2nd screen

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

WHAT>? That is SO stupid. He's played awesome. His passing is better than most on the team. Tape to tape.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Jack Johnson is a huge drag on all positive things that are conducive to winning a hockey game. His corsi/fenwick/shot share all really suck, chance and high danger chances significantly favor opposing teams when he is on the ice, and his near bottom of the league zone exit stats are hilarious. All of this while receiving a favorable zone deployment. Gudbranson has been dragged to respectable numbers somehow with this team and yet JMFJ is still awful. Without JJ on the ice the Pens posted something like a 55% corsi and with him the team is near a 47% or some such. Putting him in the press box could be the best decision Sullivan makes.

I know all of that. And he is my preference to be scratched.

But if he has to play whatever I guess

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Thanks guys - I'm getting stonewalled on the Tampa feeds that are up so will just go with the radio stream. Bit more discrete for work too

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I never cease to be amused by the fact that a random stream on reddit functions ten times better than any of the official options.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

You really want Tampa to be associated with lovely beer?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Whoops.

Wrong thread.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

grack posted:

You really want Tampa to be associated with lovely beer?

I, also, prefer bud light lime

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

If you gave up on CBJ/TB Game 1...go back.

Now.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

What the gently caress is your problem @TampaBay

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

RIP everyone's Bolts Sweep bracket. Including mine.

What a crazy comeback.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

FBS posted:

What the gently caress is your problem @TampaBay

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Norris Trophy winner Victor Hedman

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1116148550667255808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

We switched your normal Victor Hedman for Erik Gudbranson. Let's see if anyone notices.

Actually Gudbranson and Hedman switching places after that trade would make a hell of a lot of sense