Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Akileese posted:

Pizza and booze. I'm not gonna blow the good stuff on this show though. This is what mid shelf liquor is for.

Midshelf liquor is a good analogy for WrestleMania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

loving commercials during matches of the biggest PPV of the year? Pre-show or not that feels disrespectful.

They do that because the preshow is free on YouTube or whatever isn’t it

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

Why is Tony Nese in this match? He's never struck me as a top guy in 205 Live.

The 205 roster has like 3 people who are pushed at all even in the context of 205. They took Ali out of the division too.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

That just seemed like a match. But it’s kinda hard to pay close attention at 2:30 in the afternoon.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Super happy to see Ember I thought she was more hurt

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

It was never gonna matter, and everyone got paid. Card's already way too long anyway.

It’s a super gimmicky match that doesn’t mean anything on purpose. I don’t think it’s worth being upset about.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody in wrestling has crazy gimmicks anymore, they're just enthusiasts.

Kairi's not a pirate she's just a wrestler who likes pirates.

Ember's not a werewolf she just likes werewolves.

Miz isn't a good wrestler or a celebrity etc.

Cole once said Kairi is a “Boating enthusiast.”

And Miz is in movies! Despite the fact the one that got the most notoriety was because his character got killed by Becky Lynch.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

If they got rid of the red around the eyes it would look like Bálor was wrestling Lashley in blackface.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Auritech posted:

Really? I need to see the Marine 324428528 then.

It’s entertaining in a “get stoned as hell and expect nothing” way, especially if you like the idea of Becky Lynch being a murderous psychopath villain.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Lmao Cole looks like he’s the biggest douche in the entire universe

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

This overcast weather is making it hell for their lighting. Revival looked like dark smudges on the ramp.

That’s not the problem. They just don’t think it’s worth the electricity bill to turn the lights on for them. :(

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Okay these guys are getting rolled up

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Auritech posted:

Curt ending his streak at 269?

I get it, he's going 2 69 after he wins

50/50 booking says he’s going to win 269 straight

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The ref looks like a mobster

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

CobiWann posted:

Well, I got WrestleMania on my iPad and Civilization V: Vox Populi on my PC and the forums on my phone. Let's go on this journey together goons.

I too am a fan of staring at glowing rectangles

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Surprised they haven’t cut to a Batista commercial.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

When did they start letting everyone do the spear as a transition move

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Grats on using that fist to push yourself to the top

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Their contracts aren’t up for over a year

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Hey it’s Harper!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

gotta respect Jost's heeling on the crowd with the OBJ Browns jersey

Originally he was going to be the face

Although that’s because guest stars are always faces by default because a lot of celebrities don’t want to get booed

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Popeahuntis posted:

Seriously what is the algorithm behind who gets an entrance or not. It’s like quantum entrance mechanics

Matt Hardy won last year. Naomi got one because she won last year.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I was gonna ask if WWE had sidelined marijuana for their wellness tests but I guess I have my answer now.

It’s just a fine. The only person who got in trouble for it was Brian Kendrick

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

What is going on right now?

They’re killing time for Braun to come out

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Braun finally ditching the weird singlet

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

afatwhiteloaf posted:

why'd it black out right there?

They went to commercial and then changed their mind

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Matt Hardy looks like 10 years younger now that he got in shape

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Did Booker say it

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I can’t wait for the spot where Becky doesn’t tap to the armbar since they make it clear everyone taps in like 1 second when she puts it in.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Last I checked in on the Ronda vs. Becky, Ronda was going on about how wrestling is silly and fake, all while being an absolutely terrible talker.

Did I miss any developments? Did they quietly kill the "Ronda thinks wrestling is dumb and fake" angle with a bunch of fun police bits?

Kinda. She stopped doing it after Fastlane.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Wow even America the Beautiful is overbooked

:yeah:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

This is 5 minutes of the card already

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

There’s just helicopters for some reason

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Alexa comes out first I assume

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

is Elias even booked on this show?

Yea. He has a spot for his “concert” they’ve been booking forever.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Oh god

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Crowd doesn’t sound like it cares

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

What an egregious miscalculation on how to start a show casuals watch

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Jubs posted:

Is the ring going to collapse? The ring posts are smaller and no LED apron.

You can’t mount pyro on the electronic ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Lmao